PDA

View Full Version : I hate the sun sigil.

jeo2388
08-06-2014, 12:29 PM
I'm thinking of mercilessly murdering the chocobo trainer and just take that damn item out of her pocket, and then hide her body at a treasure chest or something. While continuously yelling the words "how's that for 0:0:0 b***!"

Mo-Nercy
08-06-2014, 01:59 PM
It especially sucks when you're really close to it. On my most recent playthrough, I was stuck on 2.8 seconds for about an hour cursing myself for not having been able to pick up an extra balloon.

Jessweeee♪
08-06-2014, 05:37 PM
you ever get exactly 0.0?

doesn't count

you gotta get less

LESS

Ergroilnin
08-06-2014, 06:04 PM
you ever get exactly 0.0?

doesn't count

you gotta get less

LESS

Been there, done that.

Done even worse on Ragnarok Online. Monster had drop list with 2 items of same chance 1/10000 (0.01). One mega awesome, mega expensive; second shitty. Got the shitty one twice during my playing. That hurt.

As for the sun sigil, yeah it sucks but I've always been able to get it in under 4 hours (which sounds alot but if I compare that with blitzball for wakka it's not anymore) so just keep trying.

I also learnt to just immediately forfeit any try where I can't get the first 4 or so ballons at the start, saves you nerves.

Dat Matt
08-06-2014, 06:08 PM
I've never had much trouble getting it. Normally takes about an hour to get it.

Sephiroth
08-06-2014, 09:49 PM
Many people have problems with it but there are actually many balloons behind each other. That does not always mean in straight lines but also slight curves or anything which are very easy to run through with just slight movements. And for getting like 4 balloons in a row I have no problems not dodging a gull instead. Often the trainer also gets many close balloons before you do so you still need to be doing fairly good. And of course you still need to dodge most birds.

http://www7.pic-upload.de/24.02.14/u37tb38yh2c6.jpg

Richard
05-02-2015, 07:44 PM
I'm thinking of mercilessly murdering the chocobo trainer and just take that damn item out of her pocket, and then hide her body at a treasure chest or something. While continuously yelling the words "how's that for 0:0:0 b***!"

I'm with you there. Have you thought about using a Save Editor.....that is if you have the X/X-2 HD release for the PS3. You can put mods on your save file from your PC and than copy over your current save file on your PS3. Pretty handy! XD

Venom65437
05-23-2015, 02:17 AM
Yeah, it's ridiculous. I did it some time back because I'm doing a 100% play through. Stuff like that ensures I'll never do 100% again though.

Pete for President
05-23-2015, 01:05 PM
I've never had much trouble getting it. Normally takes about an hour to get it.

Same. On one playthrough I even got it second try!

Mirage
05-23-2015, 01:09 PM
I am terrible at this minigame and I absolutely hate it.

Karifean
05-23-2015, 01:21 PM
*Nostalgically remembers setting records in this minigame for the FF Olympics event*

Big D
05-23-2015, 02:32 PM
I am terrible at this minigame and I absolutely hate it.Sums it up for me. I've never bothered with several of the celestial weapons for exactly that kind of reason.

I did dodge lighting bolts to get Lulu's sigil, but that only required time and repetition.

Mirage
05-23-2015, 02:35 PM
but that is too boring again. I didn't do most of the superweapons.

Psychotic
05-23-2015, 02:44 PM
I've never had much trouble getting it. Normally takes about an hour to get it.well we all know that's not true
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo4Mu7NHT4c)

Colonel Angus
05-23-2015, 05:23 PM
I h8 the FFX minigames.

Masamunemaster
05-25-2015, 12:39 AM
I am currently stuck at 2.4 because I got hit by a bird and a second one was stuck on me so I got hit twice:/.

It happened again the try after posting this....

Formalhaut
05-25-2015, 01:18 AM
Minigames are meant to be fun. FFX minigames are not fun. Butterfly catching, lightning dodging and this monstrosity should never have been called minigames!

Masamunemaster
05-25-2015, 04:05 AM
Finally got through it!

Pete for President
05-25-2015, 08:38 AM
Finally got through it!

Congrats ;D

Mirage
05-25-2015, 12:13 PM
Minigames are meant to be fun. FFX minigames are not fun. Butterfly catching, lightning dodging and this monstrosity should never have been called minigames!

The only fun minigame in FF10 is blitzball.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-28-2015, 10:58 PM
I was able to do it on the PS2 version, I gave it a few tries on the PS4 version and decided to not go through the hassle again. Maybe next time.

Rantz
05-29-2015, 05:15 PM
The FFX minigames are completely terrible and this one is the worst by quite some margin. Last time I nearly ate my controller as I shrieked in frustration. :mad2:

Formalhaut
05-29-2015, 05:28 PM

The only fun minigame in FF10 is blitzball.

Blitzball *can* be fun once you get into it, get pass the annoying growing pains and can win games pretty easily to get the sigil and reels.

Most people, including myself, hate Blitzball because of the mandatory game against the Luca Goers. I really wanted to beat their smug faces so I kept resetting until I scraped a 2-1 victory.

Shauna
05-29-2015, 05:48 PM
The FFX minigames aren't so bad, tbh.

Blitzball is the best, of course.

Carl the Llama
06-02-2015, 12:37 PM
I was able to do it on the PS2 version, I gave it a few tries on the PS4 version and decided to not go through the hassle again. Maybe next time.

There is a way to make it easier on yourself: First off do really really badly, the worse your time the better, second time through the balloons will be much easier to collect... I don't know if this is true or not, but I read it somewhere earlier today and am going to give it a go and will let you know if it worked.

Shauna
06-02-2015, 01:08 PM
Also try the d-pad if you're using the analog stick. In Matt's many failings, he was using the analog stick, but when he realised he could d-pad it up, he got it fairly quickly.

Colonel Angus
06-03-2015, 01:43 AM
Also try the d-pad if you're using the analog stick. In Matt's many failings, he was using the analog stick, but when he realised he could d-pad it up, he got it fairly quickly.
That's what she said!

Carl the Llama
06-07-2015, 07:58 PM
I got this a few days ago, after I accepted the fact that the balloon placement are completely random I just got on with it without being annoyed (although there were a few times I just stopped when it got boring) I was streaming when I finally got the trophy (and the Sigil) I was so happy ^^

I'm just so happy I never have to go through that god awful trial again.

Colonel Angus
06-08-2015, 04:55 AM
Blitz & Sphere Break are the only good minigames in the Spira games.

Sephex
06-08-2015, 04:59 AM
I seriously hate to be this guy, but for whatever reason, I don't really have too much trouble with it. The first time took me in between one and two hours when the game was new, and every single time after that was probably less than hour of time for me to get it. In fact, when I played the HD version on the PS3, which at that point was the first time I touched the game in years, I manged to get the time down very quickly.

That being said I'm not trying to lord over anyone, and I'm certainly not denying the difficulty and irritability of that mini game.

Rantz
06-08-2015, 09:41 PM
I seriously hate to be this guy, but for whatever reason, I don't really have too much trouble with it. The first time took me in between one and two hours when the game was new, and every single time after that was probably less than hour of time for me to get it. In fact, when I played the HD version on the PS3, which at that point was the first time I touched the game in years, I manged to get the time down very quickly.

That being said I'm not trying to lord over anyone, and I'm certainly not denying the difficulty and irritability of that mini game.
Look man, maybe it's easy for you, but you don't have to be a jerk about it.

Sephex
06-09-2015, 04:02 AM
:(

Zanmato
06-26-2015, 12:03 AM
Along with Lightning Dodging, I hate also these Chocobo minigames... Grrrr, they're so frustrating! ;-;