PDA

View Full Version : What If... FFIII had recieved a Western release when it originally came out?

Wolf Kanno
08-08-2014, 02:33 AM
I'm talking about being released on the NES to combat against DQIV in the U.S. and heading to the PAL regions to be another FF game to sink their teeth into it. Do you feel it would have a greater impact or do you feel games that we all got would still be more popular?

Spooniest
08-10-2014, 03:32 AM
Oh, it woulda been a hit, I think. It would have fit nicely alongside everyone's copies of Mario 3, Castlevania 3 and Mega-whatever was out that year...I think Megaman 5?

A quality piece of software.

Elpizo
08-10-2014, 11:54 AM
It would probably have gone down as the best RPG on the NES and it would've gotten more recognition for all the new things and improvements it brought to the series. The job system would probably not be judged as harshly against V now, as people would keep its original system more in mind. The remakes might be viewed more positively as well, due to people being more willing to overlook the more archaic aspects due to nostalgia.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-09-2014, 08:40 AM
I wonder if this game came over before VI, would our SNES release of VI change to IV instead of III, or something else all together? It's interesting to ponder. Maybe even slightly more confusing the deeper you go.

Psychotic
10-09-2014, 12:23 PM
Smash hit and FFI might not be looked upon so fondly.