PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Version

Wolf Kanno
08-08-2014, 02:40 AM
Which was your favorite version, fan-patch via emulation, the PSX version, the GBA port, or the iOS Remake?

Spooniest
08-10-2014, 03:30 AM
You can't beat the sound of the original SNES.

The music, the sound effects, the overall audio quality is the best there is. And play control is a snap in the original, I'm not sure what it's like in the iOS remake cuz I've not played it.

Anyway, the sound profile of the SNES version tops the GBA version's, for sure. I guess if you want it on long flights/bus/car rides, though, the portable versions are preferable, too.

Forsaken Lover
05-05-2015, 07:34 AM
I didn't think most people even liked the PSX version.

In fact I can trace the ascension of FFV right to when it was released on GBA. Before that, FFV was just "that whatever game sandwiched between two classics."

Nobody cared about V compared to IV and VI in my experience until FFV Advance came out.

And it is for this reason that whenever I get around to playing FFV, it'll be the PSX version.

Ayen
05-05-2015, 07:41 AM
I only played the PSX version, so I can't really say.

Fynn
05-10-2015, 05:40 AM
I didn't think most people even liked the PSX version.

In fact I can trace the ascension of FFV right to when it was released on GBA. Before that, FFV was just "that whatever game sandwiched between two classics."

Nobody cared about V compared to IV and VI in my experience until FFV Advance came out.

And it is for this reason that whenever I get around to playing FFV, it'll be the PSX version.

I always liked V :colbert:

Pumpkin
05-10-2015, 05:53 AM
Me too, but I did prefer the GBA version

Fynn
05-10-2015, 09:55 AM
Yeah, the GBA version is pretty much perfection.

Colonel Angus
05-10-2015, 05:12 PM
GBA version got it right.