PDA

View Full Version : I BEAT Final Fantasy III so you don't have to!

Psychotic
08-09-2014, 10:40 AM
Final Fantasy III is probably the most overlooked of the main series of Final Fantasy, most likely to it being released last. It has recently been released on Steam. Chances are you haven't played it and, with countless games now vying for your attention, likely never will! So don't worry, I'll do it for you!

WxuU5Dy93TE

Luneth, the lead character of Final Fantasy 3 looks oddly like a Targaryen. Can the incompetence of the person playing as Luneth become any greater?

This thread will probably bounce between the LP forum and the FFIII forum.

Elpizo
08-09-2014, 11:30 AM
Hmm, graphics look more polished than the DS version, especially the backgrounds in battle. Wonder if they've improved on the Android and iPhone or PSP graphics, though...

I wonder, can you control the game by mouse?

Pumpkin
08-09-2014, 12:33 PM
Yaaaay! I have to go do boring irl stuff now, but I will try to remember to watch when I get back

Colonel Angus
08-09-2014, 10:36 PM
Smashing job, ol' chap! I've only played a little of the DS & NES versions, so I can't wait to see what lies in store for our heroes.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
08-10-2014, 07:48 AM
I'm slowly but surely making my way through the DS version. This will be a nice way to compare versions as well as decisions made!

Psychotic
08-10-2014, 01:52 PM
I wonder, can you control the game by mouse?I'm afraid not :(
Smashing job, ol' chap! I've only played a little of the DS & NES versions, so I can't wait to see what lies in store for our heroes.Most likely death via random encounter.

I'm slowly but surely making my way through the DS version. This will be a nice way to compare versions as well as decisions made!Neat! If you see any differences feel free to shout them out!

Yaaaay! I have to go do boring irl stuff now, but I will try to remember to watch when I get backWhat could be more important than Luneth Targaryen?!

Pumpkin
08-10-2014, 01:53 PM
House painting :/

Pumpkin
08-11-2014, 05:29 PM
Okay my speakers really suck so I'm sorry if I end up commenting on or saying something that you already said. I can hear some of it but not all of it :blush:

For now all I have to say is that the menu pic is pretty adorable :jess:. Also, I like how the giant turtle kind of just... appeared. And yeah I was wondering when you were going to use an Antarctic Wind after seeing you open the magic menu xD

Psychotic
08-11-2014, 06:21 PM
Oh there'll be all sorts of winds, shion, don't you worry. Antarctic, Arctic, Butt.

Dat Matt
08-11-2014, 06:53 PM
I played the DS version, but I remember not enjoying the final dungeon sort of area. I think there were really tough enemies with not very much experience so all the battles were really hard with no real chance to improve. I managed to finish it in the end though.

Shauna
08-11-2014, 07:08 PM
I have never played this game! But maybe I will just to spite your LP title. :colbert:

It does look really clean and all that, particularly the menus. I got a bit of an RPG Maker feel from that. xD

Psychotic
08-13-2014, 06:35 PM
8XOlr4bJWy0

G-g-g-ghosts! Luneth's pal Arc joins the party, but things take a bad turn when the duo visit the town of Kazus and discover it is haunted by spooks! Luckily Cid has all the answers...

Pumpkin
08-14-2014, 05:22 PM
Oh those rapscallions :argh:

Arc is adorable :flirt:

Shauna
08-14-2014, 07:04 PM
this episode was 2spooky4me

Psychotic
08-15-2014, 12:41 PM
Yeah I do love the use of words like rapscallions and raucous.

Anyway I think I'm going to settle into a Wed-Sat update schedule until I have a huge stockpile and then I'll go for every other day.

Quindiana Jones
08-15-2014, 12:44 PM
I love it so far. xD

Dat Matt
08-15-2014, 08:15 PM
Yeah I do love the use of words like rapscallions and raucous.

Anyway I think I'm going to settle into a Wed-Sat update schedule until I have a huge stockpile and then I'll go for every other day.

Plz. Wed/Sat should be fine. Oh my poor SMM posting schedule be still :)

Psychotic
08-16-2014, 05:27 PM
p3cOboJA40Y

Things begin very, very badly. The middle also goes badly too. However, we manage to put together a crack team of retired criminals for one last score. Or just find rebellious runaway Refia and loyal Kingsguard Ingus.

Shauna
08-16-2014, 06:38 PM
AHahahahahahahahah

Great start.

EDIT:

Ahahahahahahaha! Brilliant. xD Truly not a great go.

Dat Matt
08-16-2014, 06:45 PM
You're pretty bad at this game.

U wot m8.

Levian
08-16-2014, 06:52 PM
xD

This is great, I love your commentary, it's hilarious. No idea where you get it from, you can make anything funny apparently. and it's nice to hear your voice again. Subscribed ;)

Psychotic
08-16-2014, 06:55 PM
Yeah thanks for the heads up guys even though I announced my intention to go into that area way above my level at the end of the last episode :colbert:

Colonel Angus
08-16-2014, 09:48 PM
I feel your pain, Psycho. :( No worse feeling in the world than getting far in a FF & dying w/o a current save.

Protip: If I'm not mistaken, I think the walls that have cracks in the castle are where you can pass to get the treasures.

Pumpkin
08-16-2014, 11:52 PM
You should save more :3:

Psychotic
08-17-2014, 08:26 AM
I feel your pain, Psycho. :( No worse feeling in the world than getting far in a FF & dying w/o a current save.

Protip: If I'm not mistaken, I think the walls that have cracks in the castle are where you can pass to get the treasures.I think I went and got them in the bits I cut out. I don't remember for sure though.
You should save more :3:I learned my lesson the hard way didn't I? xD

Psychotic
08-20-2014, 05:52 PM
nLORvbqgwQw

A Griffon killed me. I will not stand for this. Revenge is a dish best served cold and Griffon? Buddy? This one's been in the fridge overnight. I also explore Sasune Castle I guess.

Psychotic
08-23-2014, 09:41 PM
e046cuUCh0I

We meet a princess who isn't dressed very practically and her pixelated cleavage would be the highlight of the video, if not for an encounter with the evil Djinn! A hairy, bearded fellow responsible for all of the spooks. Plus... A MOOGLE?!

Colonel Angus
08-24-2014, 01:12 AM
This episode went a whole lot better than the others. You're really getting the hang of this game. I think where you left off is where I stopped playing. Makes me want to load it up again.

Pumpkin
08-25-2014, 05:09 PM
I'm excited to see which jobs you pick for each character :excited:

Psychotic
08-27-2014, 06:19 PM
This episode went a whole lot better than the others. You're really getting the hang of this game. I think where you left off is where I stopped playing. Makes me want to load it up again.I'm doing my best! :) It's fun when I fuck up too though, no? :D

I'm excited to see which jobs you pick for each character :excited:You're about to find out...!

Wjpe38UazmM

We finally get ourselves a job - it's not easy in this economy. In an action packed episode we also see the mood swings of Princess Pixel Boobs, get a Mognet Message and release everyone from the curse of the Djinn!

Pumpkin
08-27-2014, 06:44 PM
Ingus and Sarah sitting in a tree~
K-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I :flirt:

Also, I like Sara's outfit :colbert:

Do I ever wish I was thin enough to pull that off

Psychotic
08-27-2014, 06:49 PM
I guess I'm more mocking the way they're trying to make a pixelated character - particularly when they have such a cutesy art style - to be sexy xD It's like... what are you even trying to do here?

Pumpkin
08-27-2014, 06:51 PM
Maybe she was born with big boobies maybe its maybelline and can't help it!

Honestly though I didn't get the impression she was supposed to be sexy (probably because of the cute art style like you said) but I do think she's cute!

Psychotic
08-27-2014, 06:54 PM
Nothing wrong with having large breasts and I'm not judging her for it, though if you're going to go traipsing through caves maybe a low cut peekaboo boob tube - trenchcoat hybrid isn't the way to go.

Also maybe, but they spent a hell of a lot of time on that pixelated cleavage! xD

Colonel Angus
08-28-2014, 01:17 AM
This episode went a whole lot better than the others. You're really getting the hang of this game. I think where you left off is where I stopped playing. Makes me want to load it up again.I'm doing my best! :) It's fun when I smurf up too though, no? :D

Of course! :lol:

You chose the same job classes I did, except I made Ingus the Red Mage, Luneth the Monk & Refia the Theif.

Psychotic
08-30-2014, 06:06 PM
fGXoEVc7U6c

After avenging our previous death in the Mythril Mine, with a little modification from Cid we smash his airship headfirst into some boulders. Why? BECAUSE FINAL FANTASY 3, THAT'S WHY! We also visit the town of Canaan, cure a sick woman and run up and down a waterfall!

Pumpkin
09-01-2014, 03:58 PM
Yay Mrs. Cid :jess:

Psychotic
09-03-2014, 05:41 PM
Yay Mrs. Cid :jess:She's a hottie! Hubba hubba!

1h_Wxrm0zlo

We climb Dragon's Peak where we meet young amnesiac Desch. Things are going swimmingly until Bahamut shows up to spoil the party. We then turn tiny to take a trip to the toy town of Tozus, tentatively traversing the treacherous Tozus Tunnel!

Pumpkin
09-03-2014, 06:14 PM
I like how laid back Desch is. "Hahaha got picked up by a dragon." "Lost my memory, oh well! It'll sort itself out."

Psychotic
09-03-2014, 06:22 PM
Desch is all about the party. Let's not forget he has some poor girl who is bedridden and sick with worry back in Canaan.

Colonel Angus
09-04-2014, 02:58 AM
Pro-tip: That little midget by the lake will keep giving you OMini spells if you don't have one in your inventory, meaning you could get up to 5 total (the one Desch gave you plus 4 from little man).

Psychotic
09-04-2014, 06:21 AM
What would I do with them all? xD

Shauna
09-04-2014, 10:19 AM
Good Lord we have fallen majorly behind and need to catch up. xD

Colonel Angus
09-04-2014, 11:13 PM
What would I do with them all? xD
I gave one to each character, albeit, only my Red Mage can currently use them.

They don't sell for anything, I think just 1g. So everyone has one, & I have one in my inventory.

Psychotic
09-07-2014, 12:43 AM
KFYsf7jsaUU

After meeting a troop of friendly Vikings - and quite what Scandinavians are doing in a fantasy world I don't know - who lend me their ship, I promptly lose it by trying to take on a crazed Sea Dragon. With Desch in tow the party is forced to take the long - or is it short? - way round...

Colonel Angus
09-07-2014, 01:39 AM
I did the same thing w/ the dragon. :lol:

I think run away might be below Items on the battle menu. @ least it is on the DS version, but the Steam version seems quite different (better?). But you still might want to try it & see if it's there.

I hate this part. Like you, I'm stuck w/ 2 magic users, & one only has White magic (my Red Mage). I'd like to use Aero, but I have to kill a spell just to turn Mini. :/

Edit: Forgot to mention there are 2 hidden rooms in the Viking's Cove, one in the room across from the sleeping Viking (Sparkling Dagger) & one in that dead end in the cannon room (Viking Axe).

There's also a hole you passed in the Dragon Temple, where you could get Shell Helmet & Armor. It's by the hole where you enter the last section. IDK if it's worth the hassle, but worth noting.

Pumpkin
09-07-2014, 07:08 AM
I can hear you better from sharkys laptop. So that is what I will do from now on

Speaking of vikings, I once went to the grocery store and the guy was like I'm a viking and I was like no you are not and he said well how did you know and I said because I've known you and your family for 6 years and you are not vikings and he said oh and I said yeah and he said well I work here because I'm trying to save up and buy some TV show box sets cause some of them are expensive and I was like yeah friends is like 200 dollars and he's like really that's absurd for that price I might as well just record the episodes on TV and I was like well maybe not because cable or satellite is generally an annual contract and like 50 dollars a month so you might as well just save that 50 for 4 months and then you could afford it and have it forever and really its cheaper in the long run and he was like oh good point oh I see you got the cherry yogurt, good choice

Psychotic
09-07-2014, 09:21 AM
I think run away might be below Items on the battle menu. @ least it is on the DS version, but the Steam version seems quite different (better?). But you still might want to try it & see if it's there.With Steam you have to press m to flee I think. Which yeah, it's odd, should've been an option on the battle menu.
I hate this part. Like you, I'm stuck w/ 2 magic users, & one only has White magic (my Red Mage). I'd like to use Aero, but I have to kill a spell just to turn Mini. :/I should've switched my jobs but I didn't. Oh well!

I can hear you better from sharkys laptop. So that is what I will do from now on

Speaking of vikings, I once went to the grocery store and the guy was like I'm a viking and I was like no you are not and he said well how did you know and I said because I've known you and your family for 6 years and you are not vikings and he said oh and I said yeah and he said well I work here because I'm trying to save up and buy some TV show box sets cause some of them are expensive and I was like yeah friends is like 200 dollars and he's like really that's absurd for that price I might as well just record the episodes on TV and I was like well maybe not because cable or satellite is generally an annual contract and like 50 dollars a month so you might as well just save that 50 for 4 months and then you could afford it and have it forever and really its cheaper in the long run and he was like oh good point oh I see you got the cherry yogurt, good choicewhat the hell is wrong with you cherry is gross

Pumpkin
09-07-2014, 03:19 PM
Everytime I think we can be friends :stare:

Psychotic
09-10-2014, 05:59 PM
6HWcZwLY8Tw

Upon appeasing the Nepto Dragon we are free to take the Enterprise onto the seas for some wacky adventures, where we visit a town under siege, a forest full of fairies and an abandoned castle in between fighting a colourful cast of monsters!

Colonel Angus
09-11-2014, 02:41 AM
Did you notice that before you got the boat, Desch almost exclusively used Thundaga, but once you get on the boat, he starts using the sword more often?

Psychotic
09-11-2014, 07:09 AM
Yeah, it sucks ass. Stupid Desch.

Psychotic
09-13-2014, 08:27 PM
5LOvUZtybtw

We visit the Village of the Ancients and Gulgan Gulch and DID I MENTION CHOCOBOS?

Sir Lancealot
09-13-2014, 10:37 PM
I love how the chocobo just walks off the side of the continent without falling to its doom.

Psychotic
09-13-2014, 11:07 PM
Wile E. Chocobo.

Colonel Angus
09-13-2014, 11:33 PM
The knife I mentioned in the Viking's Cove is a stronger one for your thief. He won't be as useless.

Also, those staffs, when used as items, perform fira & blizzara fire & blizzard.

Iceglow
09-14-2014, 07:24 PM
from the description of them, won't they be free level 1 spells for him to use in battle if wielded as weapons?

Psychotic
09-17-2014, 07:06 PM
oMBJqHpGipU

Along with Desch we traverse the deadly clockwork labyrinth that is the Tower of Owen. After encountering strange purple lemuresque creatures, we are haunted and taunted by a mysterious disembodied voice.

Iceglow
09-17-2014, 11:11 PM
Mmm those staves do not have a description that matches their actions. This disappoints me. Perhaps they meant it increases the damage of your spell when you cast that specific spell. I've never played the Steam version of 4 or the DS re-release so not sure.

Colonel Angus
09-18-2014, 12:31 AM
I'm in the middle of playing the DS version on an emulator & the staffs do perform the spells in that version.

Colonel Angus
09-18-2014, 02:32 AM
If someone had followed my advice, they would have 2 spark daggers.

Anyway, another great video!

Psychotic
09-18-2014, 07:10 AM
I figure out the stave thing later you guys :shobon: I'm a little ahead.

Glad you enjoyed though!

Old Manus
09-20-2014, 12:12 PM
This is the first time I have heard Psychotic's voice. I don't know what I was expecting. It's not scouse enough

Psychotic
09-20-2014, 08:29 PM
This is the first time I have heard Psychotic's voice. I don't know what I was expecting. It's not scouse enoughNever claimed to be!

jfWIz1x9_84

After making our way to the top of the Tower of Owen only the dastardly Medusa stands in our way! Can we overcome this deadly foe and what are Desch's plans? We also visit the home of the Dwarves, whose Horn of Ice has been stolen by the rogue Gutsco!

Shauna
09-20-2014, 08:47 PM
We've got an evening free because we don't have anything better to do with our time apparently! So we're gonna have a few drinks and watch some FF3. Brilliant.

Psychotic
09-20-2014, 08:57 PM
What more could you want from life?

Shauna
09-20-2014, 09:28 PM
To be able to run up and down waterfalls, but you take what you can get.

Psychotic
09-24-2014, 06:01 PM
Qo2UBtiKLpg

Sheep and Fat Chocobo! What more could you want from life than that? In true Final Fantasy style we avoid the main quest and instead bugger off to the town of Gysahl, meeting sheep and chocobos and acquiring series staple Gysahl Greens to summon forth the largest chocobo of all. More high sea adventures and trips to the Molten Cave and the ruined Castle Argus also feature.

Dat Matt
09-25-2014, 10:38 PM
We are not caught up, but we are getting there!

Thee encounter rate in that seaa serpent shrine was mad.

Colonel Angus
09-26-2014, 01:06 AM
I always thought the Fat Chocobo was introduced in FFIV.

I've got to play this again sometime soon, Psycho. You've passed me up quite a bit.

Psychotic
09-27-2014, 08:16 PM
Mwjk727fWGI

Deep in the Dwarven Hollows we turn ourselves into frogs to fit into a small underwater hole and encounter the rogue who has been hounding the Dwarves. Smells like a boss battle? You bet! However things take a turn for the spooky as a mysterious shadow stalks our every step...

Psychotic
10-01-2014, 06:21 PM
aRHlnYD40AA

Gutsco had the nerve to call us a twit, so we bravely (foolishly?) wade through lava to obtain our revenge before he turns into the dorkiest dragon ever, named Salamander. Boss battle? You bet! We also pay another visit to the Dwarves who have one or two presents for us.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-02-2014, 07:12 AM
The poor dragon is supposed to be ferocious and it gets stuck with a derp face hahaha

But it's strangely endearing. I don't want to kill it, I want to tell it a bedtime story.

Psychotic
10-02-2014, 07:55 AM
If it helps, it called us twits.

Loony BoB
10-02-2014, 07:36 PM
Your clever "dorkiest boss ever" title captured me and made me watch this LP for the first time. Well played, Psy.

Shauna
10-02-2014, 08:31 PM
haha knockers

Also black pudding is terrible

Psychotic
10-04-2014, 08:54 PM
Your clever "dorkiest boss ever" title captured me and made me watch this LP for the first time. Well played, Psy.It's clever but also true!

haha knockers

Also black pudding is terribleSexism and racism in one post nice job Shauna.

rqoD_75Yn9I

New jobs abound, with Luneth trying his hand at being a Geomancer and Ingus getting his emo on as a Scholar. Disaster strikes when we are captured and forced into slavery on a giant floating tree by a flamboyant skeleton pirate. You couldn't make it up...

Magic Pot
10-05-2014, 11:23 AM
I hated that stupid dragon thing but there's one boss later on that almost made me rage quit the game.

Colonel Angus
10-05-2014, 04:58 PM
I'm kind of surprised/disappointed that you haven't changed your set to a Flamboyant Skeleton Pirate theme, Psycho.

Psychotic
10-05-2014, 05:18 PM
Is there something about me that just screams "Flamboyant Skeleton Pirate"?

Shauna
10-06-2014, 10:54 AM
haha knockers

Also black pudding is terribleSexism and racism in one post nice job Shauna.

I try not to discriminate which large groups of people I offend during my discrimination. :aimkiss:

Dat Matt
10-06-2014, 11:29 AM
Is there something about me that just screams "Flamboyant Skeleton Pirate"?

Username - Psychotic
User title Flamboyant Skeleton Pirate (in training)

Psychotic
10-08-2014, 05:59 PM
CELYt72_k8g

One of the most action-packed episodes yet! We visit the freed King of Castle Argus before a trip to Cid reveals the back story of the Light Warriors and sees the airship upgraded and we are finally able to leave the Floating Continent into the big wide world! Unfortunately said world is home to a lot of swirly stuff and apparently only Princess Circlefeet knows how to put a stop to this chicanery...

Spooniest
10-09-2014, 06:24 AM
Princess Circlefeet lol

Elpizo
10-09-2014, 12:42 PM
I hope you realise you just met the first character in the entire Final Fantasy series that had her own musical theme! :)

Pumpkin
10-09-2014, 06:33 PM

Psychotic
10-10-2014, 01:16 PM
I hope you realise you just met the first character in the entire Final Fantasy series that had her own musical theme! :)I did not! Thanks for the trivia!

Shauna
10-11-2014, 01:59 AM
Finally caught up. It has been worth it for all the ridiculous things that have happened.

Psychotic
10-11-2014, 08:29 PM
KoJupOqMBew

If you like water-based dungeons then boy do I have the episode for you! Princess (possibly Priestess) Circlefeet leads us into the Temple of Water before deciding the Cave of Tides is where the real kool kats hang out, all the while spouting her moonchild world love. In the midst of this we encounter "Purple... iguana things", two-headed leopards and frogs.

Shauna
10-11-2014, 09:46 PM
What's this? The Shaunas have watched this on time? Inconceivable!

Those enemies were p tough. So many potions used!

Also I think ropers are actually recurring enemies. I think they were a dumb looking red ball in FF7. Good EXP!

Psychotic
10-11-2014, 09:57 PM
Yeah weren't they in the Gelnika? Gelinka? I don't even know.

Dat Matt
10-12-2014, 11:31 AM
I remember the name Roper. I associate it to a rabbit enemy though, not sure why.

Psychotic
10-15-2014, 05:45 PM
8AF23L9Ehm4

Without doubt the best episode yet, you can't miss it! It has it all, the tragedy of Princess Circlefeet, a balls-out boss battle against the dorky Kraken, wacky coma dreams, brand new jobs including the shortest spell as a Knight ever, Luneth leading an all-male dance troupe and four utterly bonkers old fellas!

Shauna
10-15-2014, 08:12 PM
I was going to ask why Kraken was wearing a hoodie, but I can now see why. If I had a face like that, I'd keep it covered up too. And at least it wasn't Arc who was KO'd. He needed that win.

The ancient harmonica-piano is to be respected! :3

haha that ship chain is ridiculous.

Pumpkin
10-15-2014, 08:51 PM
I was watching this while playing FFV :D

http://i.imgur.com/hmShLbd.png

It made it a bit confusing tbh

Was an exciting episode :excited:

Shame about whatshername though :(

Psychotic
10-15-2014, 08:59 PM
Kraken is a wonderfully handsome man, don't diss! Harmonica-piano rules though.

Glad to see you dual-wield, shion! HER NAME IS PRINCESS CIRCLEFEET probably

Elpizo
10-15-2014, 11:16 PM
A bit more respect for the first female in the series to die and to have her own musical theme, please! Aria died long before Aeris made it hip! :colbert:

Psychotic
10-16-2014, 06:41 AM
The way she died was silly though! Bright flash of white light - what even was that?

Shauna
10-16-2014, 11:07 AM
She probably could have used some Light Curtains or something.

Elpizo
10-16-2014, 12:39 PM
The way she died was silly though! Bright flash of white light - what even was that?

Much clearer in the NES version, where you see that she got hit with a poisoned arrow that was aimed at the Light Warriors.

Psychotic
10-18-2014, 10:17 PM
RVOU5ELdgrk

After being specifically advised not to go into the sewers because it is Monster Central (and apparently doesn't smell great either) we head down there to set some Levigrass Shoes (no, me neither). However, following our every step are four gentlemen who themselves claim to be the fabled Light Warriors. Who are the real Light Warriors and who are the fakes? It'll take a deadly fight to the death against, erm, some toads to decide!

Shauna
10-18-2014, 10:34 PM
WOAAAH LIVIN ON A PRAYER

Psychotic
10-18-2014, 10:36 PM
I never get tired of the Bon Jovi joke.

Shauna
10-18-2014, 10:39 PM
Can't go wrong with a bit of Bon Jovi.

Psychotic
10-18-2014, 10:39 PM
I make it again in another upcoming YouTube video, but spoilers.

Shauna
10-18-2014, 10:49 PM
why why why delilah

Dat Matt
10-18-2014, 10:49 PM
"What can we say about that? That's a lot of frogs"

I will enjoy more song lyrics

HAW HAW HAW

Turnip-squeezing bashi-bazouks like you?

Colonel Angus
10-20-2014, 01:07 AM
Videos 20 & 21 are the best so far. IDK which is better, the dancers in the tavern or Psycho's spoken word jam.

I'm wondering, have you tried the Study ability for the Scholar?

Psychotic
10-20-2014, 07:40 AM
Yeah, I think I did against Flamboyant Skeleton Pirate.

Thank you, by the way! :)

Pumpkin
10-21-2014, 06:09 PM
I like how well they took it that they weren't the four warriors of light

Psychotic
10-22-2014, 05:23 PM
YqdHI9yQh0s

King Midas is out in force in this episode. We've recently had RPG staple dungeons like a volcano and the sewers but this is a new one on me: A gold themed dungeon! Gold Bears, Gold Warriors and Goldor himself, a man who has chained our ship with, yep, you guessed it, a golden chain for reasons unknown to everyone but himself. Shame his cape doesn't match... oh, and the dorkiest boss ever returns!

Pumpkin
10-23-2014, 06:33 PM
Man that fight lasted. He does seem to have an obsession with gold.

I want to replay III now just for the job classes but I already have like 10 games to get through :G

Shauna
10-23-2014, 07:44 PM
slobberknocker

Psychotic
10-24-2014, 09:08 AM
Man that fight lasted. He does seem to have an obsession with gold.

I want to replay III now just for the job classes but I already have like 10 games to get through :GThat's why I am playing! So you don't have to!

Psychotic
10-25-2014, 06:24 PM
GtD3D9KvPqw

Mother of dragons, breaker of chains! We free the Enterprise from the chain Goldor puts on it, and visit Duster - town of bards! They all perform delightful ditties for our pleasure, before a lovely jaunt to Replito, town of summoners. Apparently local economies mean that only one type of employment is required in each town. At the end of the video we fly over the kingdom of Saronia and end up smack bang in the middle of a war. Oh dear, will it ever end...?

Shauna
10-25-2014, 06:56 PM
Red Hats ftw!

Colonel Angus
10-25-2014, 07:51 PM
The ones in the gold helmets remind me of Castle Corneria's guards in FFI, so I'll go w/ them.

I'm a little disappointed to see Ingus is no longer a Cid's Scholar, but glad that Arc is back in his proper profession of Black Mage. Only wish he'd have access to better Bows & Arrows.

Psychotic
10-25-2014, 10:41 PM
I could never pledge myself to the Red Hat army, scum such as they.

Also yeah, sucks about his bow using abilities. I would love to experiment with jobs with him but he does what he does best I guess!

Iceglow
10-27-2014, 01:32 PM
why not try shaking it up off screen and leveling his job abilities up. That way if you get a boss where magic won't be all that effective like Goldur you have an alternate role for him to play.

Pumpkin
10-27-2014, 04:29 PM
Hey at least you got in where you said you wanted to go :monster:

And you have convinced me to replay this game for my top games list :excited:

Psychotic
10-29-2014, 09:20 PM
1wJu6uYHzE4

We arrive at the Great Library of Saronia, keen to get our nerd on. However, things take a turn and we end up in the home of a Fat Chocobo instead. We also climb the Dragon Spire to train our Dragoons for a tough boss battle. We also visit a local establishment we find young Prince Alus being accosted by the deadly Mohawk Sideburn gang! Can we stop these ruffians before it is too late...?

Sir Lancealot
10-29-2014, 09:39 PM
I love the design of dragoons in this game.

Psychotic
10-30-2014, 09:02 AM
They do look really badass, huh?
Hey at least you got in where you said you wanted to go :monster:

And you have convinced me to replay this game for my top games list :excited:I'm glad! :)

Pumpkin
10-30-2014, 03:46 PM
The sad thing is about those three guys is that its a conscious decision to make their hair like that

They did that on purpose

Shauna
10-31-2014, 03:27 PM
What reason was there to have a chocobo inside the town? Does it really take that long to get from one place to another?

Psychotic
10-31-2014, 03:33 PM
When you have a city that big I guess you run out of stuff to put in it as a game designer.

Psychotic
11-01-2014, 10:09 PM
PKA2lyzeD7E

Poor Prince Alus - his dear old dad King Gorn randomly announces his death is at hand. However, all is not as it seems with the curiously mustachioed Gigameth (Giga Meth? Is that either a typo of Gilgamesh or a reference to Breaking Bad) lurking in the shadows. Join me in the fight against Garuda, who is described as one of the very hardest bosses in FF3. Do Luneth and the gang have what it takes to triumph...?

Sir Lancealot
11-02-2014, 07:39 AM
I forgot how insane Garuda's damage.

Shauna
11-02-2014, 11:22 AM
RIP Ingus (again) (forever more)

But I will definitely be adopting this boss strategy when I play FF3.

Iceglow
11-02-2014, 03:25 PM
so we are almost to where you figure out the staves haha

Psychotic
11-02-2014, 04:48 PM
Yes, actually!

Psychotic
11-05-2014, 06:35 PM
Q82Lgwqq_sY

After seeing a bitchin' sweet lion mosaic and meeting the sod who shot us down, we take to the skies in a brand new airship, the Nautilus! Accosted by Moogle security guards, we learn that this is the manor of the great sage Doga, who teams up with the gang to enter another one of those mini dungeons.

Shauna
11-05-2014, 08:13 PM
When I was a kid, I also wasn't about the buffing/debuffing. Now that I'm an adult, I still don't do any of that.

bitchin'

Psychotic
11-08-2014, 09:31 PM
w8MSWARwKbo

Apparently sitting on a horse and stomping about constitutes a peaceful slumber to a Norse God. Unhappy that we've spoiled his nap, Odin attacks! We also investigate a treasure laden underwater cave packed to the rafters with pissed off mermaids and other nautical creatures.

Psychotic
11-12-2014, 06:51 PM
Eco58B4-Oy8

After stocking up on some high level magic at Doga's Town - yes, he has a town! - we decide to take a trip under the sea. Darling it's better down where it's wetter, take it from me! Somehow we can breathe and fight monsters. Then it;s a quick jaunt through the Temple of Time to obtain Noah's Lute, a magic instrument, used to wake up a very bizarre old lady, Unei, and her delightful parrot chum.

Psychotic
11-27-2014, 05:24 PM
EoFF was down. Welp. I know there's a lot to catch up on, but Episodes 30-32 are some of the best I've done imho so at least check them out! Even if you're new to the thread!

ZX3D3xGGCiA

With Unei by our side we meander through the originally named Ancient Ruins and acquire the most pimped out airship in Final Fantasy history, The Invincible, replete with its very own Chubby Chicken. We also visit Falgabard - THIS IS FALGABARD, THIS IS FALGABARD! - town of Dark Knights where we encounter a Shinobi.

JaVRCO_bkNQ

In which we leave Falgabard to journey to the spooky Cave of Shadows, there to clash with the ridiculous boss Hecatoncheir. However, along th- HELLISH HORSE HELLISH HORSE HELLISH HORSE HELLISH HORSE HELLISH HORSE OH GOD WHAT THE HELL...ish horse IS GOING ON?

J41SW6QWy8U

Replete with all the fangs, we blast past all the statues and rush to obtain the Earth Crystal, where none other than Titan awaits. After a truly intense boss battle, the Earth Crystal and its power is ours, and that means new jobs all round! Unfortunately the only armour for a Ninja is the Genji Armour, which takes us back to an old favourite. And by "old" I mean "Episode 30", and by "favourite" I mean "DUNGEON I BLOODY HATE."

wyNqCd_4qwk

Using the Invincible we return home to the Floating Continent and are now able to access the mysterious Lake Dohr, filled with all manner of interesting sea critters. Most interesting of all however is the giant summon Leviathan. It's going to be a fight to the finish!

Sir Lancealot
11-28-2014, 10:16 AM
Go Arc.

Psychotic
11-28-2014, 05:17 PM
Go Arc.Absolutely amazing finish. He is a legend.

Shauna
11-28-2014, 08:45 PM
The enemy's new plan is to make you kill yourself laughing.

Erk, you really underestimated that guy!

~YASSSS~

Psychotic
11-28-2014, 09:39 PM
I underestimated nobody! Winning from the edge of defeat is my strategy, is that not obvious now? :shifty:

Psychotic
11-29-2014, 07:48 PM
kk5r3M-zExk

Time for some unfinished business and this time? Oh you better believe it's personal. After whooping our ass 25 episodes ago, we're back and ready to throwdown with the legendary Bahamut, who is intent on unleashing Megaflare upon us. However, first we need to get through Bahamut's Lair...

Shauna
11-29-2014, 08:23 PM
You make the most delightful noises.

Skin of your teeth again, it really is the most intense playstyle. xD

ahahahah bahamur (especially that miss!)

Also lol@teleport

Psychotic
11-29-2014, 10:14 PM
BAHAMUR :argh: What noises though xD

Shauna
11-29-2014, 10:19 PM
Your exclamations when someone does a strong hit or something. xD I find them endlessly amusing for some reason.

Psychotic
11-29-2014, 10:43 PM
oh you mean like

OWWWRRRRR

hmm

AHHHRRRRRR

I can't quite word it.

Shauna
11-29-2014, 10:44 PM
Yeah, I don't know how to type them either.

PHWOAAAARRRRR

comes close, but according to the internet that is the sound someone makes when they find something sexually attractive.

:erm:

Dat Matt
11-30-2014, 01:56 AM
BAHAMUR :argh: What noises though xD

YOU MEAN YOU DON'T KNOW EXACTLY WHAT WE ARE REFERENCING IN YOUR VIDEO WHEN WE MAKE POSTS!?

WELL I NEVER!

Psychotic
11-30-2014, 10:29 AM
Oh ho ho

I see what you did there

you wicked little turkeybucket, you (this is a reference to LP FFX episode 23)

Psychotic
12-03-2014, 08:53 PM
t160C3Gpf6E

We remember our invitation from Doga and Unei to come chill with them at Doga's crib... unfortunately we forgot where it actually is and end up under the sea. ...it's a long story. When we eventually get there, we're told the geriatric duo have something prepared for us. Is it a cake or a party? Doga? Unei? You guys...?

Dat Matt
12-03-2014, 11:01 PM
Did you get a new microphone?

What's the deal with the sepia tone?

Can you win the next boss bottle without having 3 party members dead and having a clutch last attack win. Your luck is annoying me.

Aerith's Knight
12-06-2014, 06:29 PM
Your luck is annoying me.

Try playing a MP game against him. It'll get more than annoying.

Psychotic
12-06-2014, 06:46 PM
Did you get a new microphone?Yes!

http://www.soundexposure.com/store/C01UPACK_A500.jpg

Sexy, ain't she? :flirt:
What's the deal with the sepia tone?There... isn't one?
Can you win the next boss bottle without having 3 party members dead and having a clutch last attack win. Your luck is annoying me.Yes. Yes I can. :lol: Also come on, it's more entertaining than annoying!

Your luck is annoying me.

Try playing a MP game against him. It'll get more than annoying.All skill, buddy. Centipeeeeeeeeeede, centipeeeeeeeeede. :aimkiss:

9DzxIk7-Ozo

Right before we dive into the final dungeon, we see that we've got mail! Turns out if you switch your main character you get Mognet Messages... so people have been thinking we've been ignoring them all this time. Oops! In this episode you will learn how to do the following sidequests: Sara's Pendant, Cid's Basement Monster, Legendary Smith and Ultima Weapon and the Onion Knight job. Exciting...? Or am I just stalling...?

Shauna
12-08-2014, 08:25 PM
:argh: What a cliffhanger!

Psychotic
12-11-2014, 07:45 AM
aAxep4d_Snk

As we prepare for our assault on the final dungeon, we pick our way through the lava filled Ancient's Maze using our new Onion Knight job. We then enter the Crystal Tower and the forbidden land of Eureka, where a certain flamboyant skeleton pirate lies in wait...

OOPS, forgot yesterday was Wednesday :shobon: The videos are all auto scheduled to come out on their correct days so if ever I forget to post them - though there's only going to be 4 or 5 more anyway - you can just go onto the EoFF YouTube channel and they'll be there.

Psychotic
12-13-2014, 10:25 PM
zE3EbnCmkHg

We continue our trek throughout the Forbidden Land of Eureka! General, Scylla and Guardian all stand in our way, but it is the disturbingly sexy Scylla who is the most interesting. Can we unseal the forbidden weapons?!

Dat Matt
12-14-2014, 02:46 PM
IT'S GOT BREASTS!!!

Shauna
12-14-2014, 02:56 PM
dat cover image what is even happening

The ninja lady has seriously pointy boobs. She could legit take multiple eyes out with those.

Bahamut has been nothing but a disappointment so far.

ahahhaha I also started singing Abba. xD ~take a chance take a chance~

Poor Luneth. He has no luck.

My reaction is the same as the initial comment on the title image. What even.

Willem Dafoe got you good with that reflect.

Final dungeon time :excited:

Psychotic
12-15-2014, 10:57 PM
Honestly I have no words for the creature on the title card. Like, throughout recording I'm always conscious of "when would be a good moment for the title card" and when you're doing a dungeon crawl with no story episodes you don't get many opportunities. And then when that lands in your lap, wha-ho, Square-Enix thank you very much.

Shauna
12-15-2014, 10:59 PM
Yeah, definitely locked yourself onto a winner there.

Psychotic
12-17-2014, 05:33 PM
ph5XFdeD_7o

Begin with a power level montage, because that's what you do! We make our way through the first part of the final dungeon, The Crystal Tower, filled with Kum Kums and grumpy Generals. The infamous Xande finally makes his debut and, well, damn. I've seen better looking corrupt sorcerers, put it that way.

Shauna
12-17-2014, 06:18 PM
I do say "hoot and a half"!

ingus back of the net, touchdown SLAM DUNK!

Of course, as soon as everyone's watching, that's when things go to hell.

General grumpy-pants. xD

I remember when you could get Freddos for like 10p! And now?! They're more than that. Not that I know, because I don't buy Freddos anymore.

Mrs Cid's used to Cid running off.

Dammit Desch, why was he just hiding!? He could have had more use to everyone!

>0 damage
"uh oh"
>Luneth KO
"UH oh"
>Party KO
"UH OH"
The game had me panicking a bit there. xD Stupid story related KO's!

Psychotic
12-17-2014, 06:47 PM
I have honestly never bought a Freddo in my life. :shobon:

...two chocolate frog posts in the LP forum in a row. Didn't even plan that.

Sir Lancealot
12-17-2014, 07:51 PM
Just hearing the words 'World of Darkness' makes me cringe.

Psychotic
12-17-2014, 08:58 PM
Is it me or is it a bit Kingdom Hearts-y?

Pumpkin
12-18-2014, 02:16 PM
I liked the montage

Psychotic
12-20-2014, 06:46 PM
ghcuVSM8TRg

Oh dear. Mental breakdown, savescumming, joker style laughing, treating monsters like adorable pets - this video has it all. As we venture into the World of Darkness to collect some Ribbons, we encounter four very different fiends. Cerberus, the three headed dog, the disappointingly two headed dragon, the Final Fantasy fan favourite Ahriman and the sexy upside down snake lady Echidna. It's going to be a bumpy ride!

Shauna
12-21-2014, 11:45 AM
HE WAS REFLECT!!!!!

Dat Matt
12-21-2014, 11:45 AM
YOU SON OF A BITCH GAME!!!

(girl on right of sig = Paul)

Psychotic
12-21-2014, 11:50 AM
HE WAS REFLECT!!!!!HOW WHEN HE WAS REFLECT THOUGH :argh:

Dat Matt
12-21-2014, 12:00 PM
My interpretaion of Lets play FFIII #39.

"OH REALLY!? OH REALLY!? OH REALLY!? OH REALLY!? OH REALLY!? REEEEEEAAAAALLLLLLYYYYY!?!? Okay things are going well. OH REALLY!? OH REALLY!? OH REALLY!? OH REALLY!? OH REALLY!? OH REALLY!? OH REALLY!? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?!?! ?"

Psychotic
12-21-2014, 12:02 PM
You got your wish at least :colbert:

Shauna
12-21-2014, 12:03 PM
He jinxed you.

buttsnake lovin'

I am looking forward to the finale! Best of luck!

Psychotic
12-24-2014, 02:33 PM
bw4LESyEhVA

And here it is, the end of all things. The Light Warriors move their way through the World of Darkness and Supported by the Dark Warriors, take on the Cloud of Darkness herself. Phew, that sure is a lot of dark! The ending of Final Fantasy 3 awaits!

Dat Matt
12-24-2014, 03:45 PM
How it feels.

WAK0tGsFDNg

Replace the teacher with yourself, replace the word "Test" with "FFIII"

Shauna
12-24-2014, 03:46 PM
Favourite line of the whole LP:

Refia, don't cock block them!

Way to go! This was thoroughly enjoyable! :D Thanks for all yer hard work.

Iceglow
12-26-2014, 11:56 PM
Well done on winning the final battle. Ok so you got knocked out a fair bit but frankly I'm disappointed the final boss was so easy, especially compared to the Cerberus fight.

Sir Lancealot
12-27-2014, 11:09 AM
Thank you for this LP.

Colonel Angus
12-28-2014, 12:58 AM
This was great, Psycho. Thanks for doing it. You were tremendously entertaining. I can't wait for whichever one you're going to do next.

I really liked the montage you did. You did a great job w/ editing in all of these vids.

As for the Reflect, I think a villain (Xande or whatever his name was?) & it only lasted once. That's probably happened to Ingus as well.

I noticed the final stage was very reminiscent in design of the last stage of FFIV.

Psychotic
12-28-2014, 10:22 AM
Thanks everyone! See you in the next one. ;)

Galuf
01-04-2015, 05:58 PM
What Lp are you going to do next. c