PDA

View Full Version : Better Summoner: Eiko or Garnet?

Pumpkin
08-09-2014, 12:23 PM
Which did you think was better as a summoner? Did you like Eiko's unique summons more or Garnet's bigger variety? Did it annoy you that you weren't able to even use Garnet's summons at the beginning?

I think Garnet was the better summoner because she had more summons

Mirage
08-09-2014, 12:25 PM
i always thought of grinding long enough to get the MP so that i could see if i could use them, but always gave up

Ergroilnin
08-09-2014, 01:58 PM
i always thought of grinding long enough to get the MP so that i could see if i could use them, but always gave up

Haha me too :D

They are about equal summoners... Dagger is more offensive summoner, Eiko more defensive. But she is better character overall. double curagas or double holys? Yes please.

Wolf Kanno
08-09-2014, 06:51 PM
Eiko, the game goes out of its way to make Garnet impractical. She is stuck with one summon for most of Disc 2, has to learn all of them in Disc 3 where she suffers from a plot induced handicap that makes her worthless in a fight for most of the disc, and when she's finally up to speed she has to deal with the annoying "short/long" animation element of her summons which makes Vivi a better magic dealer since his damage is more consistent.

Eiko on the otherhand has limited offensive abilities but the sheer variety of effect Carbuncle gives makes her incredibly useful especially since the summon gimping mechanic doesn't affect it much. Same with Phoenix which is uber useful and not hindered. Madeen is also one of the better damage dealing summons since its one of the only group hitting Holy spells which not many enemies have resistance too. She also gets her summons in a more timely way and doesn't have to deal with most of the BS Garnet does so really in the end she's one of the best summoners in this game though more support based than the traditional offense of earlier games.

Carl the Llama
08-09-2014, 07:12 PM
I say garnet, while other cite Eiko's Dbl White as being useful, I never had need of it (one Curaga was more then enough) and Garnets Eidolon was imo one of the most op trances in the game.

For those of you who don't know, with Garnets trance, Eidolon, is very easy. All you do is summon once, then leave her idle and every now and then the last used summon will make another appearance, at 0mp cost... and will continue to do so all the time she is in trance freeing up time to use a cure.

It would go like this:

Trance >
Summon Ark >
stand around >
Random Ark >
*crit health*
Curaga >
Random Ark >

and so forth, it really is one of the most useful summons.

Colonel Angus
08-09-2014, 07:27 PM
Eiko thinks she's better than shion, so I vote Garnet.

Shiva95
08-09-2014, 10:44 PM
I think Garnet is better because she has a better variety.

Jinx
08-09-2014, 11:28 PM
Eiko.

Garnet has more and she has most of the cool ones, but they're all pretty useless...Eiko's are totally useful and she's the better character overall.