PDA

View Full Version : Favorite support character?

Ergroilnin
08-09-2014, 10:44 PM
This game (note, only FFX) has just a handful of support cast characters so it should be easy to choose your favorite one right?

Maechen - the lovable and extremely knowledgeable unsent scholar you keep meeting along the road. His insight on the history of Spira is very interesting and his voice is great!

Rin - probably the calmest dude ever. He's merchant at heart all right, but he helped Auron ten years prior to FFX and he is kind to the party through the game as well.

Cid - from the support character cast, Cid is probably the most story related one, being Rikku's father and Yuna's niece. Not to mention he is badass mothersmurfer and he's pretty hilarious imo.

Shelinda - you know her, that acolyte you keep meeting through the game. Starts as acolyte and in just few days she is promoted in Bevelle!

So vote and if you choose Other, please state in your post who it is according to you. As for me? It's hard choice between Maechen, Rin and Cid but in the end I got to hand it to Maechen, I love him and his history insight of the Spira.

DarkBahamut
08-10-2014, 03:25 AM
I really like Isaaru!!

I think he is a righteous guy and has no evil in his heart. He does what he thinks is right and even when having to face Yuna, he feels sorry but doesn't know what is right or wrong. He is an interesting character indeed.

Ergroilnin
08-10-2014, 07:51 AM
Oh damn right, I forgot Isaaru and Dona... Oh well that's what Other is for :x

Levon
08-10-2014, 09:36 AM
Rin is a really cool guy, but I think I like Lucil the most. Probably the one closest to the General Leo role in this game.

Formalhaut
08-10-2014, 11:36 AM
My favorite support characters is a tie between Lucil, Elma and Clasko, and Shelinda. I like Lucil and Co. because they always treat the party nicely, and in particular with Clasko, you can actually help him get a better life for himself. I like Shelinda primarily because she Yevon's nicer side. She strongly believes in the teachings, yet is still able to be helpful and kind to the party and it is interesting seeing a character so devoted to Yevon.

Pete for President
08-10-2014, 11:43 AM
No mention for O'Aka? The man goes to jail for Yuna!

Voted Rin. Praise his inns all over Spira.

Ergroilnin
08-10-2014, 11:54 AM
This happens when I post right before I go to bed haha, forgot so many good side characters like Lucil, Clasko, O'aka, Belgemine, Dona, Isaaru... Oh well.

Dat Matt
08-10-2014, 08:46 PM
Cid - from the support character cast, Cid is probably the most story related one, being Rikku's father and Yuna's niece. Not to mention he is badass mothersmurfer and he's pretty hilarious imo.

Yuna's niece

Ergroilnin
08-10-2014, 08:54 PM
Omg shoot me in the head x_x Yuna's uncle of course.

Mo-Nercy
08-11-2014, 09:17 AM
I had already voted Cid because I liked his no-nonsense attitude, particularly when he admits to not knowing "how this rig flies".

But then I remember Rin made the party pay for items before going to fight Evrae. Gotta respect that sort of entrepreneurism.

TidusReborn
12-09-2014, 11:12 AM
Duh... Barthello!

https://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcxqopFtZz1rgdc6jo1_500.gif

Shiva95
12-09-2014, 01:24 PM
I'll go with Rin.

Cleric
12-20-2014, 10:43 PM
I chose Cid. Aside from his involvement in the story, his accent is to die for. Let's go get "Shin."

metagloria
12-21-2014, 01:13 AM
Shelinda is best NPC ever the end

Ayen
12-23-2014, 02:34 PM
Cid, I guess. He's the only one I can remember off the top of my head.

Richard
05-02-2015, 07:16 PM
Cid, because he helps you take down Evrae with the new Airship!

Zanmato
06-27-2015, 06:09 PM
Rin, because he's helping the party through the whole game, no matter what. :3