PDA

View Full Version : Least favorite location in the FF series.

Wolf Kanno
08-10-2014, 05:32 AM
We've all played maybe one or two entries, but not every location or dungeon is a spring of amusement, so which dungeons or towns did you dislike the most in the entire franchise?

Pete for President
08-10-2014, 09:00 AM
The Pharos Lighthouse in FFXII is imo an un-graspable mess and a shell of a cool concept idea that was forced to work in ways it doesn't work. Same goes for that crazy crystal area with numbers on platforms and stuff, although I did like the surrealism vibe it had.

That spooky town in VI and the tower of fanatics are up there amongst least favourites as they are just super annoying chores to get through.

Mo-Nercy
08-10-2014, 12:07 PM
Yeah, the Great Crystal in XII was cool at first, but then to have to go through it again for Ultima and then again for Omega Mk. XII was a huge pain.

Wolf Kanno
08-13-2014, 05:28 AM
Spira and Cocoon since it would take too long to go into each individual locations but honestly the "road" dungeon design sucked in both games and I find traversing their worlds to be a chore with little game design imagination.

NeoCracker
08-13-2014, 09:07 PM
Any of the Temple of Cloister trials. They are easy to figure out, yet time consuming.

The temples themselves are also the least interesting designs in X.

Pumpkin
08-13-2014, 09:15 PM
Midgar. It's just so... ugh

Makes my skin crawl

Shiny
08-14-2014, 12:44 AM
Any of the Temple of Cloister trials. They are easy to figure out, yet time consuming.

The temples themselves are also the least interesting designs in X.
I actually agree with this. Also because I always think something is going to pop out and get me whenever I'm in them.