PDA

View Full Version : How Often Do You Read?

Pumpkin
08-10-2014, 01:49 PM
How often do you sit down with a nice book?

I don't read as often as I used to

Uchu
08-10-2014, 02:02 PM
Not enough to be honest. I tend to enjoy it when I do but... One thing that has kicked off my reading again though is Ebooks. So much easier to start reading on a busy train with one of those than to carry a paperback or try playing my Vita or something. Currently reading William Gibson's Neuromancer.

Ayen
08-10-2014, 06:26 PM
I read books hundreds -- tens -- some of the time. I'll pick up a book and enjoy it for the most part before putting it down and then never picking it up again. The last book I read all the way through to the end with no long breaks was Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

Shorty
08-10-2014, 06:34 PM
A couple times a week for a short period of time. Now that my life is less busy and exhaustive, I hope to be able to get to it more.

Jinx
08-10-2014, 06:38 PM
I think everyone knows the answer to that.

Depression Moon
08-10-2014, 07:48 PM
Not enough. I want to finish Y the Last Man, but those books are expensive and I want to read something new that I can rent from a library, but I have no idea what I should go to.

Shauna
08-10-2014, 08:35 PM
I read at least once a day. I went through a long time in which I read nothing, but that has changed and I am getting back into it.

Scotty_ffgamer
08-11-2014, 04:53 AM
I go from reading everyday for hours on end each day to reading nothing for a while. I'm currently in the nothing phase. Soon I'll get back into reading and actually read all the way through Mister Adequate's book!

blackmage_nuke
08-11-2014, 06:55 AM
Whenever an author I like releases something new or whenever something comes highly recommended, this results to maybe once every 4 months

arenzi
08-11-2014, 01:08 PM
Depends on my mood. I go through phases where I feel like reading books and I do, and then I'll get tired of it and stop for a while.

Carl the Llama
08-11-2014, 01:27 PM
I always read for about an hour before sleeping. I sometimes read during dialysis depending on the book (I don't like to carry huge books in my backpack so if the book I'm reading is small enough (paperback) I will take it with me).

Kalevala
08-14-2014, 10:43 AM
I try to read for at least half an hour every day. On good days I can get that up to two hours or so of solid reading time.

Wolf Kanno
08-14-2014, 04:08 PM
Everyday actually, I made it a habit in the last year to start reading every day and though I do miss a few days from time to time, it is holding up so far.

Noire
08-14-2014, 09:30 PM
I curl up in my chair with my current book for at least two hours every day...usually in the morning and the evening, although sometimes I'll have my book propped up in front of me when I'm having lunch. No matter how busy I've been, over the last decade or so I've made sure I've had time to read every day.

Shiny
08-15-2014, 02:29 AM
Reading is very sporadic for me because of my schedule. During my commute, I've managed to read at least once a month, but I haven't completed many books this year. I go through periods of reading and completing four books in two weeks (this happened during junior year of high school summer break) to a dry spell where I only read and complete one the entire year. It's very odd.

Karifean
08-20-2014, 12:29 AM
I find something I want to read, then excessively read that until I'm done, then take a lengthy break up until I find something I want to read again. So, uh, I'm totally irregular.

This is assuming visual novels count because that's what I've mostly been reading these past six months, but why wouldn't they.

escobert
08-20-2014, 12:30 AM
everyday.

noxious.sunshine
08-25-2014, 06:50 PM
I read -a lot- - books, magazines, sides of food boxes, can labels, the tv guide on t.v. .....

I will read anything and everything. If I start a book, I will finish it no matter how horrible or uninteresting it is. I've never not finished a book.

And yes, having access to eBooks (and things like tuebl & Overdrive), it makes it even easier for me to get my hands on them.

lol It's so obsessive for me that I was the top reader based on the amount of Accelerated Reader tests & scores in my entire 5th grade class. I was reading on a high school senior/college freshman level by grade 7.

Del Murder
08-26-2014, 07:39 PM
I read everyday on the train to work. I also try to read Game Informer every now and then. I don't read much stuff on the internet, surprisingly. Maybe some LinkedIn articles every now and then.

Depression Moon
08-27-2014, 03:44 AM
I'm starting to get back into reading again. I just got a new Wonder Woman comic and the rest of my Y the Last Man books.

Calliope
08-27-2014, 06:55 PM
Every day. There is not enough time to read all the wonderful things in the world - or write about them.