PDA

View Full Version : Guided Fate Paradox

Pumpkin
08-11-2014, 12:29 AM
I've seen this at GameStop and it looks cute. Has anyone played it who could tell me if they liked it or what its positives and negatives are?

NeoCracker
08-11-2014, 05:11 AM
The Characters are all pretty one note, and they hit that one note a lot.

Combat is fun, but it get's horribly repetitive with all the grinding.

It's well made, it just get's boring pretty quickly.

Noire
08-11-2014, 03:07 PM
Hmmm...think Pokemon Mystery Dungeon meets Disgaea, for an idea of how this plays and the sort of tone you can expect in terms of story and characters. Like most NIS games, it's something of an acquired taste - it offers so much more than other games of the genre, but that "so much more" means you have to invest a LOT of time and effort into it for it to pay off. Late-game it gets quite challenging, and I ragequit more than once after untimely demises in dungeons utterly destroyed my progress. It's utterly unforgiving.

Story-wise, it's fairly entertaining, although not really as well-written or funny as, say, Disgaea 4. The characters are laden with tropes (although most of them are still quite likeable) and the story is your typical anime-esque nonsense. Either you like that sort of thing or you don't, really!

I loved it, but then, I love most NIS games, they're wonderful timesinks. I'm definitely looking forward to the sequel next year...although I'd say if you want a game like this, get Zettai Hero Project: Absolute Victory Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman on the PSP. It's just as challenging and a hell of a lot funnier to boot.

Pumpkin
08-11-2014, 05:32 PM
Hmm since its such a time sink I might hold off on getting it, but it does sound interesting!

Dat Matt
08-11-2014, 06:36 PM
Can you believe this is one I own but have never played? I don't actually know anything about it :P