PDA

View Full Version : Was Tifa going to have a Blitz/Duel like Limit Break originally?

MJN SEIFER
08-11-2014, 12:56 AM
In a PlayStation magazine I used to own (I can't even remember which one it was now) there was an article on FFVII which was still in process at the time, and it included a rundown on the characters (with Aeris being called something like "Ealis", that's how long ago this was) it said that Tifa would carry on the tradition from FFVI by being the character who "fights with Street Fighter style D-Pad movements", obviously referring to how Sabin's "Blitz" was handled in that game.

Obviously, this turned out to be false, but does anyone know if this is what they planned on doing with Tifa when they were making FFVII, as she certainly seems like the kind of character to have this style of Limit Break, and it would make more sense than the way they did it with the "Miss/Hit/Yeah!" slots.

Wolf Kanno
08-12-2014, 11:19 PM
None of my sources give any credibility to this idea but at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if in the first design faze it was an idea they wanted to explore and then chose to drop it for one reason or another.