PDA

View Full Version : Mafia Signups Thread: Tim Curry's Clue

Citizen Bleys
08-11-2014, 02:39 PM
OK, I've just got the go-ahead to open signups for Mafia, with a tentative start date of August 27th or 28th (depending on how hung over I am, I'm going to see Alice in Chains on the 26th)

The theme will be the Tim Curry Clue movie, and carries non-standard Mafia mechanics. (Based on this game (http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=26324) at MS)

Mechanics
Instead of power roles, there will be items randomly distributed throughout the house. Each item has a unique, town-centric ability that can be used like a PR, or scum can use it to kill. Yes, this means if the scum don't have an item, they can't night kill.

Using, or killing with an item will cause you to lose it and have it distributed to a different room. Death flavour for night kills will reflect which weapon was used, and if someone picks up an item the day after it was used to kill, flavour may reflect that as well, depending on the item.

Items can only be used on someone in an adjacent room to the one you are in (or the same room, of course). The same applies to scum night kills. If you have an item, you will have to tell me if you want to use, hold, drop, or (in the case of scum) kill with it. You can only hold an item once, if an item is not used within 2 night phases it will be automatically dropped.

The game board is here (http://bleysmaynard.net/eoff/cluemaster.jpg) and will be posted as an image in the opening post of the game thread for easy reference.

I'm looking for 13 players, but I think I can make it work with up to 21 by increasing the size of the scum team and making up Clue-like character names.

Day phases will last 24 hours or until a hammer is cast, and nights will last 18 hours. As with the last game I ran, quicktopics will be used for the scum and the dead. This is a semi-closed setup : players will not be informed of the abilities each item has unless they pick the item up.

=== Signups : 2/13 ===
Freya
qwertysaur

Dat Matt
08-11-2014, 07:06 PM
I would love to, but we're going to be in Paris until the 30th. Shame because the last mafia was good fun.

Hollycat
08-12-2014, 12:33 AM
I'll be out of the country for a while, so I'll have to pass on this one.

Madonna
08-12-2014, 04:02 AM
I am your Huckleberry.

Freya
08-12-2014, 02:50 PM
Clue mafia? That's new. I'll try it!

But let me get this straight. There will be a set number of items and they can only be used at night? And you can only use it on someone in an adjacent room. So if someone drops dead in a corner room, anyone in the other like two rooms is a suspect. Oh okay. I think I can do this

qwertysaur
08-14-2014, 09:20 AM
interesting concept. I'll play. :bigsmile:

Citizen Bleys
08-22-2014, 02:10 PM
Bumping this ; time's running out.

Shorty
08-22-2014, 05:36 PM
I just wanted to say that although this sounds like great fun, I will b out of town when the game starts and then moving immediately after. Go on without me, folks!

Freya
08-26-2014, 03:59 PM
More people need to sign up :( I hate the school starting season, everyone gets super busy.

Citizen Bleys
08-26-2014, 04:40 PM
Not looking like it's going to happen.

Next time I'm free to run a big one is in December, which probably won't work either.

The setup's not going anywhere though, I'll try again sometime in 2015.