PDA

View Full Version : Big Fat Aeris

Spooniest
08-11-2014, 03:08 PM
Would Aeris be as compelling a love interest if she had a little more junk in the trunk?

I'm serious! The appearance of the main characters in Final Fantasy games has always been deathly-thin stick figures! If you notice, there aren't any overweight females in Final Fantasy VII at all. Women are always thin, and casually portrayed as sexual playthings throughout, right down to the cut aways on the dress Scarlet is almost wearing. Sexist! Sexist!

What do you think? Would you tell Aeris, "Sure, go ahead and have some more Korean BBQ, yer too thin anyway!"

Psychotic
08-11-2014, 03:26 PM
Think of all the exercise FF characters get. They're running, and I mean that, running, across the entire planet and engaging in life-or-death combat every 5 steps. It's not unrealistic that they're all going to be in shape.

Jinx
08-11-2014, 09:10 PM
Her dress already makes her look like the Michelin Man.

Ayen
08-11-2014, 09:22 PM
Would she come with a Belly Flop attack?

Sephex
08-11-2014, 09:58 PM
Her dress already makes her look like the Michelin Man.

Why must you provoke me to do these things?

http://i.imgur.com/0sMmQTz.jpg

Pumpkin
08-11-2014, 10:01 PM
Think of all the exercise FF characters get. They're running, and I mean that, running, across the entire planet and engaging in life-or-death combat every 5 steps. It's not unrealistic that they're all going to be in shape.

I agree that they'll be in shape but I also think that people have different shapes and "in shape" for some does not always mean thin. Some women are curvy even when very healthy. And I don't just mean Tifa levels of curvy where her boobs are as big as a small child and dis-proportioned to the rest of her :P

I would like to see more women of varying shapes

chionos
08-11-2014, 11:35 PM
Agreed. In shape does not equal "skinny." There's plenty of room for a variety of body shapes. Of course, on the other hand, there's not actually any reason for Aeris to be fat. It doesn't fit her character. She's young. Active. Poor. Likewise, Yuffie is a ninja. And there's only ever been one fat ninja. And he's dead now. And, let's see, Tifa actually is fat, it's just stacked all in one place. iykwim. But again, she's an active, boxing, bartending young girl. Making any of these characters fat would be arbitrary. Aeris' quality as a love interest has nothing to do with her shape, though, as far as that goes.

Forsaken Lover
08-17-2014, 12:02 AM
Have you played any other video games or watched any other anime or maybe just seen a movie?

Women can't have junk in the trunk. It's not allowed. This goes double for most anime or JRPGs. All women are stick figures with boobs.