PDA

View Full Version : What is known about the story?

Spooniest
08-11-2014, 03:53 PM
So far, have any details been revealed about the story of FFXV?

I've tried not to spoil anything for myself up to this point, but I've grown curious.

A while back I said that it wouldn't matter how the gameplay mechanics played out if the story was no good. So what's the verdict (so far)?

Wolf Kanno
08-11-2014, 07:19 PM
Not a lot of detail to be honest:

World use to have several crystals that expanded civilization but misuse caused their power to fade away, only Noctis' country still has a working crystal and its currently in a cold war with the other nations that want their crystal.

Noctis' family runs the country and they are more like the mafia than a standard government/monarchy.

One nation finally attacks the capital to get the Crystal, its unknown how they fare but considering FF loves the "You can't thwart Stage one" trope I'm pretty sure they succeed and a large part of the plot will be trying to get it back.

Noctis has special powers possible due to his families connection to the crystal. He also can see the door to the land of the dead where Etro resides possibly because of a near life death experience in his childhood and he shares this trait with the girl Stella who seems to be a female counterpart to Noctis in terms of ability and possibly backstory.

Take all of this with a grain of salt cause most of these details are from throw away statement by the creators or from out of context scenes in the trailers so I can be completely off about all of this.

Freya
08-12-2014, 04:33 PM
The other country, Nilfheim, is there to sign a peace treaty with Noctis's country. Their leader Idola Eldercapt, ends up using it as a ruse to get their troops in and launching an all out attack to steal the crystal. So he's the antagonist and that's the "bad" country.

Although Stella, the supposed love interest is also an antagonist, which will be interesting for that concept. She's from the Tenebrae family. Noctis' dad, the King, also can summon weapons like Noctis and Stella when he fights. So it's supposed to be like a royal blood thing.

It'll be interesting. Even the main group of playable characters is interesting.

Noctis is of course the prince trying to prove himself and "look cool". Ignis is the tactician childhood friend who is in the upper class as well. Same for Gladiolus, he was from a line of protectors of the royal family and is also a childhood friend. Prompto is the rebel felon of the group who doesn't quite fit in cause they became friends in school. He isn't upper class like the rest. And Cor Leonis is the older guy who's a war general charged with looking after the prince and his annoying friends. It'll be an interesting dynamic.

Colonel Angus
08-13-2014, 02:55 AM
Not a lot of detail to be honest:

World use to have several crystals that expanded civilization but misuse caused their power to fade away, only Noctis' country still has a working crystal and its currently in a cold war with the other nations that want their crystal.

Noctis' family runs the country and they are more like the mafia than a standard government/monarchy.

FFV storyline

All governments are like the mafia.

Uchu
08-13-2014, 05:59 AM
You may find this GameTrailers video interesting to watch, if you haven't already.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/zrsvc2/final-fantasy-xv-the-mystery-behind-the-myth

It's a little old (came out last year), but it does leave some food for thought.

Christmas
04-17-2022, 05:22 AM
It was incomplete and it is still incomplete when released. It is like premature ejaculation that needs medical attention. :(