PDA

View Full Version : Life Is Strange

Depression Moon
08-11-2014, 07:39 PM
Square Enix just announced a new game in development by the name of Life Is Strange. It's an adventure game by the Dontnod the same studio that made Remember Me. It'll be an episodic game much like The Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us. Currently no announcement of a release date, but it'll be available on all major platforms except for the Wii U.

http://i.imgur.com/ZLH1OHc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hXMiMeE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8zuQUnW.jpg

Dat Matt
08-11-2014, 09:46 PM
I wonder why the Wii U is getting shafted again. It has a large install base than the Xbox One with 6.68m sold (as at June 30th) and Xbox one only having shipped 5 million units to retailers (as at 30th April) and still not being released in a large number of countries. Seems like investing for the Xbox one is not wise at the moment, yet it's nintendo that get's shafted.

fat_moogle
08-12-2014, 02:38 AM
Can't really say much about this as I haven't seen enough to remotely judge what it's like. However I've got to say I'm a bit turned off by all this episodic release stuff. If I download a game I want to download the whole game, not play one bit and say "ooh can't wait until the next episode!" Then there's the matter of cost per episode, how many episodes will there be? The concept of being able to mold the story sounds good though, and that could potentially provide a lot of replay value if it has a decent story.

As for Wii U, it is very weird how devs are just writing it off altogether. I've no plans to get a Wii U but it must be frustrating for Wii U owners to have a perfectly capable console being completely neglected. Games are made for all platforms BUT that. Games sell systems and devs aren't helping Nintendo by providing them WITH the games. It's as if they want Nintendo to fail. Apart from Bayonetta 2 and Super Smash Bros what other major releases are coming to Wii U later this year (genuine question)?

Mirage
08-12-2014, 04:14 AM
because it is weaker and they expect the sales for ps4 and x1 to surpass wiiu

as for the game itself, i like the art direction i've seen so far

Colonel Angus
08-12-2014, 05:46 AM
o/u 3 years until this game hits the shelves.

Wolf Kanno
08-12-2014, 08:00 AM
They dodge the Wii U largely because they don't want to spend the extra money to change the controls to work on the WiiUPad or whatever its controller is. Since the XOne and PS4 are similar in build it's pretty easy to port as well as the PC. Not to mention I hear the system is not user friendly for dev teams so again , not a good investment from a corporate standpoint.

On topic, not sure how I feel about this, not really enough information to go on but hopefully it will be interesting.

Fynn
08-12-2014, 11:59 AM
Are they lesbians? They look like lesbians.

Depression Moon
08-12-2014, 04:22 PM
because it is weaker and they expect the sales for ps4 and x1 to surpass wiiu

as for the game itself, i like the art direction i've seen so far

They're also releasing this for PS3 and 360 though. I think the control and coding issue might be it like Kanno suggests. I'm not really interested in being episodic either. I'd rather have the entire game at one time. If it does get released and I like the demo, I'd likely just wait until all the episodes are out.

Mirage
08-12-2014, 05:44 PM
I must have missed the PS360 part. In that case, I can't really understand it. Even if you use the tablet controller on WiiU, the buttons and sticks on it do what you would expect them to do on any other console.

I'm not too fond of episodic games either. I mean they're not the worst thing in the world, but I'll probably just wait for the last episode to be released then download the inevitable discounted complete collection that's going to happen.

Are they lesbians? They look like lesbians.
They look close, at least. I wouldn't mind either way, I'm already satisfied with what looks like is going to be two females as the most important characters.

Uchu
08-13-2014, 03:33 AM
Haven't read any articles about it, but based on this thread alone it seems hardly anything to shout about. But Remember Me was surprisingly enjoyable and so I think Dontnod have what it takes to make something cool.