View Full Version : Cosmos

McLovin'
08-13-2014, 01:08 AM
The new one.
It's on Netflix now.

And it's awesome!!!!!!!!!

Vyk
08-13-2014, 02:58 AM
Oh sweet. I pirated the first few episodes. Just as good as I presumed it was going to be. Now I can finish it legitimately. Thanks for the heads up. Completely loved the original Sagan series <3

fire_of_avalon
08-13-2014, 03:58 AM
I actually caught a few episodes of this during it's network run and I liked it a lot. I was familiar with most of the concepts already but the contextual history was really cool.

Mirage
08-13-2014, 04:20 AM
Yeah it was pretty great. I've read the book (when i was like 12 or so) and seen most of the original TV series, but it was still really enjoyable and even at times emotional for me.

Shlup
08-13-2014, 05:29 AM
Thank you for the notification; I haven't watched the last three yet. It's quite good, though I wish it went into more detail.

Del Murder
08-16-2014, 05:16 PM
I watched this when it originally aired. It was very cool and educational. Should be mandatory viewing for all students.

The one thing that was awkward was that sometimes it seemed like NDT was speaking directly to the creationist, anti-global warming, republican-types. Not that I don't believe those types are full of trout, but it was weird seeing him basically talk down to these other theories on the show. You don't need to do that, NDT, just let the evidence (science) speak for itself!

Mirage
08-16-2014, 06:39 PM
Yeah I agree with that. I think it was unnecessary, and I doubt it would convince the audience it was targeting that they were wrong anyway, and instead just dislike/discredit the rest of the show because of it.

Vyk
08-16-2014, 09:39 PM
Could it have stemmed from the stink creationists were trying to kick up at the time, wanting their theories to be represented in the show as well and getting denied?

Though I imagine most of the show had already been shot and produced by then

Rostum
08-16-2014, 11:08 PM
I could listen to Neil deGrasse Tyson all night long, his voice and the way he explains things is so soothing. I also love Carl Sagan's one, but who doesn't? :p