PDA

View Full Version : Weapons!

Wolf Kanno
08-13-2014, 05:21 AM
No not the optional bosses...

If there was one thing VII's 3D models introduced that I enjoy, it was the introduction of distinct weapon design for the characters that changed depending on which one was equipped. Sure Red XIII kind of blew in this department and both Tifa and Cait Sith's changes felt negligible sometimes but I can't be the only one who equipped the Apocalypse and thought, "well hot damn, I don't want to get hit with that..."

So what are some of your favorite weapons from the original FFVII not counting iconic weapons like the Buster Sword or Gatling Gun.

VeloZer0
08-13-2014, 06:35 AM
Apocalypse is probably one of my favorites as well.

And while we are on the topic, we should be giving honorable mentions to he joke weapons such as the Nail Bat and Power Ball.

Bubba
08-14-2014, 12:59 PM
I actually enjoyed Barret's various arm attachments. Especially the non-long range ones where he would just run up and wallop enemies with them. Excellent stuff.

theundeadhero
08-16-2014, 07:44 AM
I don't want to take away from the main point or this conversation, but weapons have changed size, shape, and color since the original FF on NES.

Bubba
08-16-2014, 09:35 AM
I don't want to take away from the main point or this conversation, but weapons have changed size, shape, and color since the original FF on NES.

This is true. What WK said though was that the 3D models introduced a more "distinct" weapon design. You can't argue with that.

Carl the Llama
08-19-2014, 06:00 AM
not counting iconic weapons like the Buster Sword

Buster Sword. :colbert: