PDA

View Full Version : So... how did Vivi get so many kids?

Wolf Kanno
08-13-2014, 05:24 AM
I mean he's got the body of a child and as far as I can tell the Black Mages are asexual, do you think he just churned out a few more from a machine or is there some creepy Black Mage reproduction process that we're unaware of?

Ergroilnin
08-13-2014, 09:29 AM
I'm pretty sure he screwed Eiko like mad dog on his death bed and Eiko one hour and thirteen seconds after his death gave birth.

But seriously he definitely made little Vivi's with the leftover mist underground with the machine.

Jinx
08-13-2014, 01:39 PM
How do we even know HE made them, though?

1. They were an older model/his model
2. He seemed pretty against making more Black Mages

Ergroilnin
08-13-2014, 02:31 PM
How do we even know HE made them, though?

1. They were an older model/his model
2. He seemed pretty against making more Black Mages

We don't know anything really. They just appeared in the epilogue named Vivi's sons. There is nothing more to it.

If they were older model than he is, there is really no reason why should they be called Vivi's sons and I guess he wasn't realy against making more Black Mages as more opposed to them being soulless golems used for war. He didn't mind those at Black Mage Village since they gained conscious.

Perhaps there is a chance that someone else made them as a tribute to him since he died but there is no way to know.

MJN SEIFER
08-14-2014, 10:32 PM
And once again, no one is explaining how we just automatically "know" that Vivi is dead...:roll2

Wolf Kanno
08-14-2014, 10:58 PM
And once again, no one is explaining how we just automatically "know" that Vivi is dead...:roll2

The final monologue at the game's ending is Vivi's farewell speech Zidane and the party. It's more obvious in the Japanese because the speaker uses a speech pattern exclusive to Vivi.

Not to mention he never shows up properly in the ending like the other characters do, only his kids.

Ergroilnin
08-14-2014, 11:04 PM
And once again. We don't "know" but it is indicated. Why else there wouldn't be actual Vivi? Not to mention we know that the Black Mages don't really have that long lifespan and Vivi's life was already really long due to him being a prototype.

It's pretty safe to guess he "stopped moving" before the ending took place. Not everything needs to be shown on screen -_-

Quindiana Jones
08-15-2014, 12:16 PM
I'm quite confident he simply made more. As has been said, he wasn't against their production, only their slavery, and his interactions with the Black Mage Village made it clear to him that a short clone life isn't worth any less than a long "normal" life, as long as it's well lived.

MJN SEIFER
08-15-2014, 05:20 PM

The final monologue at the game's ending is Vivi's farewell speech Zidane and the party. It's more obvious in the Japanese because the speaker uses a speech pattern exclusive to Vivi.

Not to mention he never shows up properly in the ending like the other characters do, only his kids.
I'll have to check what the final monlougue says, as it's been a while, but if that's the case it's better evidence than simply "he's not in the ending".

I'll check it out and see what I make of it.

Quindiana Jones
08-15-2014, 06:17 PM
I don't think anybody has ever given that as their main reason, except for Basement Barry, and you shouldn't listen to him anyway. There's a reason we keep him locked in the basement.

Pumpkin
08-15-2014, 06:36 PM
shhhhh

these things are not meant for us mere humans to know

Carl the Llama
08-15-2014, 09:34 PM
Obviously he and Quina smurfed like bunnies after they got married, it happened in Madain Sari after Quina helped Eiko cook dinner.

Quindiana Jones
08-16-2014, 01:08 AM
Christ, I read that as Quin. O_O

Carl the Llama
08-16-2014, 03:33 AM
Christ, I read that as Quin. O_O

You trying to tell us something Quin?

Quindiana Jones
08-16-2014, 04:30 AM
Yeah, I'm telling you to stay out of my browser history... :erm:

Carl the Llama
08-16-2014, 05:09 AM
I'll take what is Vivi & Quin pron for $500.

Fox
10-01-2014, 08:28 AM
Hi guys. Can I just say... I have played this game about a million times. It's my favourite game ever. I always cry at the ending.

And I never realised Vivi had died. I thought he was there with his sons!!

But than final monologue never quite made sense. I could never figure out who was speaking, I thought it was whoever was on screen. But now I know it's his it does make sense. So, today I got closure on a mystery. But it's so sad! I'm going to cry even more next time around >_

Hannibal_Khan
10-02-2014, 10:07 PM
Vivi was a major dickslinger, thats how he got all those kids :lol:.