PDA

View Full Version : Narcissist Evaluation Survey reduced to one question.

NeoCracker
08-14-2014, 09:01 AM
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/08/140805150645.htm

In case you don't read the article, basically they have found that, instead of the 40 questionnaire used to determine a persons level of Narcissism, a single question can determine the same result. (It's not as informative of specifics, mind you, so it isn't seen as a replacement).

On a scale of 1-7, how Narcissistic are you?

This amuses me greatly.

Rantz
08-14-2014, 05:20 PM
You chose 3 on the 7 point scale, which makes your narcissism score about average. You likely try to balance your own needs with those of others.

fire_of_avalon
08-15-2014, 04:20 AM
You chose 7 on the 7 point scale, which is the highest response. This means that your narcissism score higher than 99% of the people who have taken this test. Does this surprise you? If so, consider ways that you can better connect with others.
Screw that, consider ways you can better connect with me, plebs.

Old Manus
08-15-2014, 09:16 AM
Somewhere, a sociologist is crying into his cornflakes as his entire life's study has been rendered moot.

Aelitalily
08-15-2014, 10:10 AM
You chose 5 on the 7 point scale, which makes your narcissism score higher than 90% of the people who have taken this test. Although you are not a total narcissist, you are moderately narcissistic.

I find these results very entertaining xD

Quindiana Jones
08-15-2014, 11:09 AM
Somewhere, a sociologist is crying into his cornflakes as his entire life's study has been rendered moot.

I'm fairly certain that the first lesson a sociology student attends at university is discussing how worthless their degree is.

Source: Studied Philosophy of Psychology at university.

Mo-Nercy
08-16-2014, 04:34 PM
You chose 2 on the 7 point scale, which makes your narcissism score a little bit below average. Chances are, you try to think about others rather than yourself whenever possible.

I guess so.
I was actually going to choose 1, but second guessed myself because considering myself not very narcissistic at all may very well be a type of narcissism.

Ergroilnin
08-16-2014, 06:10 PM
Why don't all tests about this stuff just ask you about how you feel about it?

Anyway I choose 4, because I am not sure what narcissism is really. Does that mean that I am obsessed with my body? Or is it obssesing with my ego?

I hate my body but I usually think that I myself am egoically higher that most people to cope up with that.

chionos
08-16-2014, 07:06 PM
It's self love.

But not the good kind.

The character Dorian Gray from Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray is the most prominent example from literature.

It's not arrogance. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Ego. I mean it does, but it doesn't.

Vasher
08-17-2014, 06:15 AM
I don't need to answer a questionnaire to find out where I stand.

I love myself because I believe I'm genuine, sincere, considerate, humble (yet intelligent/well built/handsome/yet rugid/desirable/etc.), put my wife and kids first (I don't "ditch" them to party with friends), my wife and I would rather be together with our kids.

By nature, I'm an easy going, "down to earth", humble person. It's not my fault that women/girls have have thrown themselves at me without inhibition my entire teenage/adult life.

So, a narcissist by nature, "no". A product of my environment, yes.

maybee
08-17-2014, 10:38 AM
I don't know.

I do have low self esteem and low self worth, but at the same time I have a bit of a ego and want and desire to be the best and want to be loved and worshiped and I do think highly of myself sometimes ???

I went with 5

:/

Iceglow
08-17-2014, 01:17 PM
No one has to tell me that I'm a narcissist I know I am. This makes the question pretty damn well moot.

fire_of_avalon
08-17-2014, 04:19 PM
So like really, is this a joke?

Iceglow
08-24-2014, 12:08 AM
Is like what a joke?

Shiny
08-24-2014, 05:42 AM
Of course I'm narcissistic.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/3866011/get-on-my-level-o.gif