PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter Book 8

Bubba
08-14-2014, 02:29 PM
So how does everyone feel about JK Rowling announcing that there will be another instalment in the Harry Potter franchise? I for one am very excited at the prospect.

If you could choose, what route do you reckon she should go down? In fact, suggest titles of the 8th book and lets see if we can predict it!

Freya
08-14-2014, 02:40 PM
I have not heard anything about this. I know she wrote a short story recently for pottermore from Rita Skeeter's perspective but nothing of a book.

Jinx
08-14-2014, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I haven't heard anything about that either. It'd be all over the news if there was. People have been saying this stuff for years.

And just adding another book into the HP world isn't an eighth book.

metagloria
08-14-2014, 03:08 PM
Luna Lovegood and the Crumple-Horned Snorkack.

Bubba
08-14-2014, 03:10 PM
Yeah I never said it had been announced. I just wonder how you all felt if this announcement ever materialised. You're all so silly!

Harry Potter and the Unpaid Mortgage.

Shauna
08-14-2014, 03:15 PM
Dunno. More stuff on the HP world would be cool, but I feel like Harry's story is complete.

Jinx
08-14-2014, 03:22 PM
Harry Potter and the Marriage Counseling Session

Freya
08-14-2014, 03:24 PM
I'm interested in the scalamander fantastic beast movies as, if I remember correctly, JK Rowling is writing the scripts. That will be interesting to see the harry potter universe in another time and another way through someone else's eyes.

Shauna
08-14-2014, 03:25 PM
Harry Potter and the Sordid Affair

blackmage_nuke
08-14-2014, 03:39 PM
Yeah I never said it had been announced. I just wonder how you all felt if this announcement ever materialised. You're all so silly.

So how does everyone feel about JK Rowling announcing that there will be another instalment in the Harry Potter franchise?
You said does instead of would implying it is a thing that happened.

Anyway I'd only be satisfied if Hermione divorced Ron and married Krum

Bubba
08-14-2014, 04:07 PM
You said does instead of would implying it is a thing that happened.

Implying something and stating something are two different things so neerrrrrrr. Plus, my entirely unfunny and mildly irritating jape would not have succeeded otherwise.

I personally would love something set in the universe but entirely detached from Harry Potter and chums. I would love to hear more of Dumbledore's back story. Maybe 'Dumbledore's Memoirs' or something... if only to get a detailed account of his defeat of Grindelwald in 1945.

Shorty
08-14-2014, 04:21 PM
Let sleeping dogs lie. Good things that end where they should have leave a much better legacy than trying to squeeze more of a story out simply because it has potential within its own fictional realm. The series ended perfectly, and I have a difficult time believing that she could ever give it another ending that was done as well as the one we were left with.

I would probably not read another Harry Potter book if she produced one. I know that there are many diehard Potter fans out there that it would probably please, though.

Jinx
08-14-2014, 04:24 PM
Eh, I'm a diehard fan and I wouldn't be too happy if another HP book came out.

I wouldn't have an issue with a new book/series set in the same universe, though. Kind of like what's happening with the film versions of Fantastic Beasts.

Shoeberto
08-14-2014, 04:40 PM
Harry's story is done, for sure, but I'd love to see more of the wizarding world. Perhaps something totally detached from Hogwarts. Rowling has established a world with a certain sense of magic that could certainly be further explored without having to be tied to the Harry/Voldemort concept.

Bubba
08-14-2014, 04:41 PM
Let sleeping dogs lie. Good things that end where they should have leave a much better legacy than trying to squeeze more of a story out simply because it has potential within its own fictional realm. The series ended perfectly, and I have a difficult time believing that she could ever give it another ending that was done as well as the one we were left with.

I would probably not read another Harry Potter book if she produced one. I know that there are many diehard Potter fans out there that it would probably please, though.

Like I said, I agree that they shouldn't revisit Harry Potter at all. But the universe itself is far to rich for it not to produce some more fiction set in a different time and place. Some storylines they could possibly look at.

- Dumbledore's Memoirs
- Maybe a book of short stories from the past regarding goblin wars, witch burnings and the fall of the giants.
- Magical Pubs across the world and their various tipples
- The history of music within the magic world
- The full story of what pervy Aberforth did to that goat

There is so much more they could expand on.

Ayen
08-14-2014, 07:58 PM
I wouldn't mind a spin-off series starring Albus Severus' time at Hogwarts if she was up for it. But I don't think an eighth book is necessary. Even the end of the seventh book felt like it was putting emphasis on the children, so if any future book was made it'd probably be based on one of them.

Rantz
08-14-2014, 09:27 PM
Harry Potter and the Time He Straight Up Killed A Man

Jinx
08-14-2014, 09:34 PM
You guys are thinking too unimaginatively!

Like, she could do a WHOLE NEW SERIES with WHOLE NEW CHARACTERS set in the same world! There will probably be peripheral views of the GT and other influential characters. But I'd love to see a new series, and like WK mentioned, about something other than Hogwarts.

And I think that JKR is creative enough to make a whole story without needing to lean on the actual crutch of her original characters. I mean, she's doing it with Fantastic Beasts!

Ayen
08-14-2014, 09:47 PM
I read Harry Potter for Hogwarts. I wouldn't be interested if the school wasn't in it.

The Man
08-14-2014, 10:03 PM
Harry Potter and the Time He Straight Up Killed A Man

Harry Potter Shot a Man in Reno Just to Watch Him Die

McLovin'
08-14-2014, 10:28 PM
Hedwig's Hogwarts Hazards and the Owlery.

Hedwig defeats Dementors that found Harry as early as Book 1.
Hedwig pecks the shit out of Malfoy and poops all over him turning his hair white.
Hedwig is revealed to be RJB.

Ergroilnin
08-15-2014, 01:53 AM
I demand 3 hours long movie about Peter Pettigrew's life as a rat.

Breathtaking drama about getting new cage at Weasleys, his birthday with new shin water dropper. Not just all drama, family friendly movie too, about his ever evolving relationship with Ron.

escobert
08-15-2014, 02:20 AM
Dunno. More stuff on the HP world would be cool, but I feel like Harry's story is complete.

My thoughts exactly.

Rocket Edge
08-15-2014, 11:20 AM
Bunch of wet blankets. Why don't you people get excited about this stuff? 'Noo it was finished with the 7th, leave it be'. WTF? Did you not enjoy them or something? I would want a sequel to this because I loved these books, and I certainly don't think someone like JK Rowling would go into this without knowing she could potentially let millions down. It's not as if she needs the money either. I believe she has a clear set of ideas that she think would work well in the world of HP.

For what it's worth, I'd want a sequel to everything i love within reason. FFVII, VIII, X, & XII. Sure some sequels didn't work but it's something to look forward to!

Quindiana Jones
08-15-2014, 11:34 AM
I wouldn't read another Harry Potter book, no. That is a fully concluded storyline. I would be very interested to read another book series set in that universe, because it is a very rich universe. It'd be tricky for her to avoid another Good/Evil story, however.

fire_of_avalon
08-17-2014, 04:42 PM
Marauders Prequel, where the hell is this comment? That's probably the only book I would read.