PDA

View Full Version : Warlords of Draenor Cinematic

Freya
08-14-2014, 07:30 PM
There are two companies that hands down I drool when they show animations. Square Enix and Blizzard. Blizzard released their cinematic for the next expansion today and yes, it's beautiful.

TLzhlsEFcVQ

IF you're a fan of the SERIES of warcraft, this cinematic will make you have lore squeals. We're going back to the RTS here. But with a twist! In WoW lore, the douche bag Garrosh Hellscream has been douchey. That's what the last expansion was about. Turns out we, the players, don't kill him. He escapes and with the aid of an infinite dragon, he goes back in time to stop his father from drinking the demon blood from Mannoroth and saving the orcs from being the orcs we know. He then unites them to invade his azeroth. (we get alternate realities cause of his meddling) So we get the ultimate throwback thursday today. We're going back to stop and change the entire warcraft lore that has been featured in the games thus far. EEeeeeee

I'm actually really excited and playing WoW again. EEEEeeeee

You can bash it as much as you want but, Blizzard can make some pretty awesome cinematics. What think?

Skyblade
08-14-2014, 09:09 PM
So, with Cataclysm they went and redid all of the original world. Now they're redoing Outlands. New Northrend next?

I'm not sure I trust Blizzard's writing team with retconning everything that Warcraft has ever been.

There is a hefty battle in front of them to make this work. I mean, Gul'dan is not a minor figure in the Orcish lore. That's going to change everything, including Ner'zhul, Medivh, and everything else. I wonder how well thought out this is going to be.

The movie is pretty, though.

Ayen
08-14-2014, 09:37 PM
So they basically did the Star Trek/Mortal Kombat 9 thing. I approve of this. That whole cinematic was a treat to watch and not just for the visuals. Him pouring that glass to the ground was an "Oh trout!" moment.

Freya
08-14-2014, 09:39 PM
Nah dude this makes teh BEST story. You get the orcs form the old lore. You have an alternate reality so i'm betting we get to actually go against the likes of Archimonde cause no orcs means no medivh means no ner'zuhl meaning no burning legion, no arthas, no archimonde, no uniting the races, no illidan being corrupted, no cata, no pandas ahhhhhhh it messes up the lore and makes us face all those awesome baddies again! AH it's great. I'm calling it now, Archimonde is the expansion boss and next expansion is Sargeras.

I'm obessed with Warcraft lore ever since Warcraft 2 when I first played it as a kid. Eeeeeee

Aulayna
08-14-2014, 11:10 PM
Outland isn't being re-done, the original Outland for 60-70 is still there. This is a completely alternate dimension, for the 90-100 experience. Based off of what I've seen in the beta so far, Gul'dan (and a couple of others) realise that this isn't "how it's meant to be" and begin manipulating events to their own ends. Basically the premise is that Garrosh breaks free when he's about to put on trial in Pandaria for his War Crimes, with the help of a Bronze Dragon using the relics from Timeless Isle, goes back in time to Draenor before the corrupted blood incident. He takes techology and war plans from current Azeroth back to that Draenor and through the work of sorcery connects that 35 year old Draenor, to current day Azeroth. The whole reason we're going there is to put an end too it, to basically maintain the timeline continuinty (although it's innevitable something will get changed).

It could be writing suicide, it could work out really well. Who knows! But I've loved the beta so far.

Slothy
08-14-2014, 11:26 PM
Oh look. More Warcraft that isn't an RTS. :-/

McLovin'
08-15-2014, 03:18 AM
There's also this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG3RVCEwCPg&list=UUbLj9QP9FAaHs_647QckGtg

Which got me infinitely more excited.

I still won't go back to playing WoW as Destiny is going to be awesome, but I do love me that art.

Bunny
08-16-2014, 01:38 AM
Alternate realities are the worst form of storytelling.

theundeadhero
08-16-2014, 07:28 AM
I'm disappointed with the story-telling going into alternate timelines. I'm excited about fighting the old warlords.

Skyblade
08-16-2014, 08:10 AM
Are we going to be able to beat all of the new story content in a week? Looking at you, Cataclysm.

Aulayna
08-16-2014, 10:13 AM
Also, Grommash Hellscream is the final boss of this expansion.

Rostum
08-16-2014, 11:46 AM
Blizzard certainly have an amazing cinematic team.

Pheesh
08-16-2014, 12:23 PM
That guy has some extremely metal hair.

Freya
08-17-2014, 06:42 PM
Yah but at gamescom they said he's the final boss but there will be legion influences. Baum Baum Baum. So I'm wondering if like the previous time stuff we did in like wrath that some events are fixed points and time works itself out. Like culling of strat or durnholde. And so this is a fixed point so grommash still caves to the demon blood.