PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Balthier29
08-15-2014, 02:27 AM
Hi there you beautiful people :)

I'm really glad to join the forum, and look forward to get to know you all! It's always a fine thing to chat with people that have the same taste as you, even more if it's something as great as Final Fantasy :mogumogu:

The first FF game I played was FFVIII, and I remember how involved I got with the story, the characters, the music...It was totally different from everything I had played so far. It was deeper, way deeper. The minute I got my PS2 I started spending almost every hour of my free time in Ivalice, and never regretted it. And that went on and on ...

The music always hit home for me, and I can listen to it all day at work; I mean, come on, there are so many different albums that's just impossible to get bored.

Anyway, I'll end the (quite possibly boring) monologue here and wish you good folks a good evening :ffviwave:

Cya!

Wolf Kanno
08-15-2014, 03:33 AM

Welcome to EoFF!

Scotty_ffgamer
08-15-2014, 04:55 AM
My first FF was VIII as well! I've played it once a year almost every year since I first played it however many years ago. I even have the soundtrack signed by Nobuo. I'm a bit of a fan :D

Any other hobbies besides playing FF games?

Edit: And if you don't mind me asking, how'd you end up in our neck of the internet?

Uchu
08-15-2014, 08:03 AM
Hey Balthier29 and welcome!

As someone who is fairly new myself, all I can say is get stuck in and have fun! :nod:

Quindiana Jones
08-15-2014, 10:53 AM
That, my friend, is a very sexy sig.

You can definitely stay. Free drinks for the first week. :)

Bubba
08-15-2014, 03:57 PM
Great to have you here. Enjoy EOFF! :D

Ayen
08-15-2014, 04:04 PM
Welcome, Balthier. I'm Tori, nice to meet you ^_^ Post lots!

Mo-Nercy
08-15-2014, 04:14 PM
Welcome!
What other sorts of games do you like besides Final Fantasy?

Freya
08-15-2014, 04:55 PM
Welcome to Eyeson! Hope you stick around and enjoy our corner of the internet. Ivalice is definitely a great place to spend all your time in though

Balthier29
08-15-2014, 07:02 PM

Welcome to EoFF!

hehehe Thank you Wolf Kanno!

My first FF was VIII as well! I've played it once a year almost every year since I first played it however many years ago. I even have the soundtrack signed by Nobuo. I'm a bit of a fan :D

Any other hobbies besides playing FF games?

Edit: And if you don't mind me asking, how'd you end up in our neck of the internet?

Wow, not that's a real treasure! :cool: When and where did you meet him?

Well, I'm a big fan of the Elder Scrolls series - their lore is just amazing -, comedy and Late Night Shows (Bill Burr, Seinfeld, Colbert, Conan O'brien, ...), just got into Lovecraft and Sandman, love programming, Tolkien, Firefly, and so on :)

I was searching for a good place to lollygag about FF and other stuff, looked up some good forums and found EoFF! No more search needed btw.

Hey Balthier29 and welcome!

As someone who is fairly new myself, all I can say is get stuck in and have fun! :nod:

Thank you Uchu! I sure will! :D

That, my friend, is a very sexy sig.

You can definitely stay. Free drinks for the first week. :)

Thanks Quin, I really appreciate it ;) Yours is gorgeous too, where's it from?
And I'll take those drinks! I just hope the cafeteria still has some hot dogs left though...

Great to have you here. Enjoy EOFF! :D
Thanks Bubba!

Welcome, Balthier. I'm Tori, nice to meet you ^_^ Post lots!
Nice to meet you too, Tori :zidane:
Sure will!

Welcome!
What other sorts of games do you like besides Final Fantasy?

I really enjoy RPGs, like Elder Scrolls, Legend of Dragoon, Dark Souls :praisethesun: (I suck at it, though), .hack, etc.
A little multiplayer is always good: Guns of Icarus, Team Fortress 2, Unreal Tournament, etc.
Mass Effect, Dead Space, Deus Ex, Batman, Tomb Raider, Euro Truck Simulator 2 (really weird, I know), and others :)

Welcome to Eyeson! Hope you stick around and enjoy our corner of the internet. Ivalice is definitely a great place to spend all your time in though

I know right? Just love the feeling of being there :choc:
And thank you for the kind words, that I'll do!

Psychotic
08-15-2014, 07:06 PM
Hey Balthier29! Welcome to the forums, hope you have a great time here :)

Balthier29
08-15-2014, 07:30 PM
Thanks Psychotic! It's great to be here :)

Ayen
08-15-2014, 07:53 PM
Well, I'm a big fan of the Elder Scrolls series - their lore is just amazing

Pike, you have a new best friend!

Pumpkin
08-16-2014, 03:13 AM
Welcome! Hope you stick around and post lots :flirt:

noxious.sunshine
08-16-2014, 03:48 AM
HEYO!

I -love- FFXII.. omg. Especially Fran & Balthier. They're by far the best FF couple, hands down. Vaan and Penelo annoy me though. And I love Al-Cid- he's so greasy and slick and it's hot.

Anywho. Welcome! Poast lots!

Scotty_ffgamer
08-16-2014, 04:56 AM
I actually didn't get to meet him, which is unfortunate. A friend of mine was going to some anime convention, and Nobuo happened to be there. I couldn't go for whatever reason, but he offered to take something of mine to get signed by him!

Balthier29
08-16-2014, 03:02 PM
Welcome! Hope you stick around and post lots :flirt:
Thanks shion! :omghey:
Will do!

HEYO!

I -love- FFXII.. omg. Especially Fran & Balthier. They're by far the best FF couple, hands down. Vaan and Penelo annoy me though. And I love Al-Cid- he's so greasy and slick and it's hot.

Anywho. Welcome! Poast lots!

Me too! People talk a lot about Ashe and Balthier - I really tried to see it, but there really isn't anything going on there :cry: - and Balthier and Fran get less love. Their ending scene was so great!

Penelo is kinda annoying by herself, I guess that spreads to the relationship with Vaan (he didn't annoy me though). And Al-Cid was a cool character yes :D, I just wish he was more developed through the game - him leading the Rozarrian army would have been awesome :cool:

And thank you! I sure will!

I actually didn't get to meet him, which is unfortunate. A friend of mine was going to some anime convention, and Nobuo happened to be there. I couldn't go for whatever reason, but he offered to take something of mine to get signed by him!

But that's great anyway, you're really lucky! The day I get his autograph (and Yoshitaka's, and Tetsuya's, oh my) I can die in peace :tonberry: (or not, I'd rather stick around)