PDA

View Full Version : Do you think we'll ever see another Dissidia title?

Wolf Kanno
08-15-2014, 06:02 AM
It has been a few years since the last one was released and TheaterRhythm is pretty much its successor but do you think SE may consider releasing another fighting game entry on a new platform?

VeloZer0
08-15-2014, 06:37 AM
How well did D012 sell?

Wolf Kanno
08-15-2014, 07:57 AM
About 825,750 units sold globally as of 2014.

Uchu
08-15-2014, 08:21 AM
I think so, yes. Probably not for a while though.

I enjoyed Dissidia but I must admit it didn't really make a big impact on me, which is strange because I remember buying Ehrgeiz for the exact reason of being able to fight as Cloud etc.

The reason I mention this is that for me 012 came out really quickly after the original and considering the amount of content to collect, it kinda jaded me a bit. I got them both on release so had plenty of time to play them but they could never hold my attention long enough.

So yeah, if a new Dissidia comes out, as someone in my position, I think it will be at least a couple of years and possibly for PS4 and Xbox One. Vita is fine in Japan, but Sony is slowly making it redundant as a game machine in the west so I am sceptical as to whether or not SE would attempt another handheld entry, instead choosing to go all out and grab the home console install base (similar to the remake of Type-0).

Mo-Nercy
08-15-2014, 03:50 PM
Yeah, I would really prefer for it to be on a home console rather than a handheld. I really liked the extra steps SE took to give Duodecim a few more RPG-esqe, exploration elements and I think there's potential for that be fleshed out even more with a sequel. I'd love to see more characters as well and maybe the option to use build a party and tag/switch between multiple characters mid-battle.

VeloZer0
08-15-2014, 05:39 PM
A full console version would be sweet, IMO what they should have done right from the get go. I personally wouldn't even care if they made it right up to full power graphics and just went with something a little more subdued to keep costs down. However I don't think that SE is even capable of imagining that.