PDA

View Full Version : Body Temperature

Bubba
08-15-2014, 02:43 PM
Do you find that you are generally too warm or too cold?

I am constantly in a state of being too damn hot. MissH says I'm literally a human radiator. All through the summer I have to sleep with a fan on me otherwise I'll wake up sweatier than Rolf Harris at a Youth Club.

What are you like? What do you do to keep yourself regulated?

Pumpkin
08-15-2014, 02:51 PM
Too hot. Especially my feet

Ayen
08-15-2014, 02:58 PM
Cold more often than not. I wear a cover on top of my sheets all year long.

Mo-Nercy
08-15-2014, 03:39 PM
I'm always hot. When people around me do the 'complaining about the cold in winter' thing, I usually just agree for the sake of appearing normal, but I can usually get around with just one layer.

Shauna
08-15-2014, 03:46 PM
I am more often than not, damned cold. Luckily, I have my own human radiator to get my warmth from. :love:

Shorty
08-15-2014, 04:39 PM
Just at regular, normal temperatures, I am too cold. My toes and fingers are always freezing. But I am easily affected by heat and get hot too fast. ;-;

The solution I've found is to have a wooly blanket covering me while an air conditioner blasts in my face. I also like turning the heat on my feet and driving with the windows down for cool air.

Freya
08-15-2014, 04:44 PM
Technically I always feel really hot but my average body temperature is lower than normal. Most people run at 98 I run at 96. I prefer the cold. I'm always hot. Like a heater.

Aulayna
08-15-2014, 04:50 PM
I'm overweight so I'm forever too hot

Dat Matt
08-15-2014, 08:08 PM
I am more often than not, damned cold. Luckily, I have my own human radiator to get my warmth from. :love:

Yeah, Shauna is normally freezing in comparison to me. Not sure what the deal is, I usually feel just right but am actually on fire.

Formalhaut
08-15-2014, 08:11 PM
I'm generally always too hot. My body seems to overheat quite easily. At rest, I'm a nice temperature, but as soon as I start moving, even simply walking, I begin to overheat.

Sam meanwhile, is always too cold, normally. It works out quite well!

escobert
08-15-2014, 11:32 PM
If it's under 75F I have a sweatshirt on.

Dat Matt
08-16-2014, 12:05 AM
Wow calm down there. We recently had 77F weather and I sweated buckets all day. Doesn't help that's considered a heat wave in the UK.

Quindiana Jones
08-16-2014, 01:06 AM
I'm incredibly hot.

And I have a pretty high core temperature, too.

fire_of_avalon
08-16-2014, 01:11 AM
Juuuuuuuuuuuust right. :). Y'all's weord.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
08-16-2014, 03:49 AM
My body radiates ridiculous amounts of heat too. It sucks because I can have the AC on 65F and still be too warm. Blankets are the bane of my existence.

I don't know if it has any correlation to always being warm, but my internal body temperature resides at a 96.7F instead of a 98.6F

Wolf Kanno
08-16-2014, 04:55 AM
I'm always too hot which is one of the reasons I hate summer more than any other season. My core body temperature is also higher than average so that might be the issue but who knows.

arenzi
08-17-2014, 04:02 PM
Always too hot. My ideal is 4-5C and anything above 15 is warm to me. I guess I just have a high tolerance? I used to walk to school in a t-shirt when it was around 0 and people would stare at me. When it's 20 out and people are like "it's so beautiful" I'm just like ugh no it's not.

Loony BoB
08-19-2014, 12:05 PM
I am constantly told that I am an incredibly warm person by Danielle. She puts her cold feet onto me in bed because of this. :stare:

Personally, though, I don't find myself suffering too often for being too hot. I prefer having a nice cool breeze flowing in, but I'd say my core temperature is just fine and that everyone else is obviously too cold. Except for their butts. Seriously whenever I sit in someone else's seat it's burning.

Dat Matt
08-19-2014, 07:05 PM
Shauna is exactly the same, Stupid ice woman ruing my sleep.

Shiny
08-20-2014, 01:24 AM
I too like to put my ice cold feet and hands on my boyfriend's body because he is super warm and I must take his heat. Most of my body is warm except for my hands and feet which are chronically cold due to a disorder. For that reason when I my head gets hot I just put my hand to my head. xD

Nate
08-22-2014, 02:31 PM
Always too hot. I have all the ceiling fans on at home, AC set to 70 or less, two fans at work, and a fan on me as I workout at the gym. I sleep over the covers, and enjoy the cold feeling a freezer at the supermarket on my face.

I take cold showers after a workout. Just get the heat out already!

escobert
08-23-2014, 03:04 PM
Wow calm down there. We recently had 77F weather and I sweated buckets all day. Doesn't help that's considered a heat wave in the UK.

It's only above 60F here about 2 months of the year and I believe our yearly average temp is around 40F. So I'm used to being cold about 80% of the year.

I seem to have a slightly lower core temp than the average. My girlfriend who is pacific islander, is constantly hot. When I'm at her house she has the A/C running 24/7 all the time. I dunno how she affords it!

edczxcvbnm
08-25-2014, 10:24 PM
Cold. It is always too damn cold. I wear a hoodie in the office year round. If it is 80F outside, that is a nice day :)

Sephex
08-25-2014, 11:39 PM
I usually get too hot more than too cold. I find colder temperatures much easier to deal with. You can always add layers to get comfortable. When it's too hot you are SOL, usually.

edczxcvbnm
08-26-2014, 04:40 PM
As a person who is usually always cold, I could not disagree more. The problem with layering is as follows

1) It actually isn't comfortable. Put on 3 or 4 shirts with a few pairs of pants. You have sacrificed one comfort for another.
2) It causes me to sweat and if I am not bundled up enough it then cause me to shift right back towards being cold. What a suck fest :P
3) As a person who needs to type all day long to do my job, I can't wear gloves (not that gloves have ever helped all that much in the first place. Mittens or GTFO).

I also feel the need to say that my core is never cold. Just the arms, feet, hands and legs. I have never understood the point of a vest. It warms up the area that never needs warming :/

Being cold all of the time makes me not want to do work because I am more focused on staying warm. Under a blanket, with added layers and blah blah blah. To do my work I have to removed myself from this. Long story short, only one side wins the comfort game.

All of that said, there is a solution to all of our problems! http://www.wired.com/2013/10/an-ingenious-wristband-that-keeps-your-body-at-the-perfect-temperature-no-ac-required/ how awesome is that?