PDA

View Full Version : The game looks...

Fatal Rose
08-17-2014, 04:48 PM
...somewhat disappointing to me. I admit the game is beautiful with an interesting storyline, but I don't like the world. Maybe I, judging too soon but will see.

Dat Matt
08-17-2014, 06:29 PM
I'm withholding judgement until I actually play the game. Too hard to draw a conclusion from what we've got so far, I liked the E3 trailer. Seemed like something I would enjoy.

fat_moogle
08-17-2014, 07:08 PM
The only thing I find disappointing about the game so far is that it's not out yet. As for the world we've not even seen much other than a few snippets in trailers, what don't you like about it so far?

Fatal Rose
08-18-2014, 02:14 AM
The only thing I find disappointing about the game so far is that it's not out yet. As for the world we've not even seen much other than a few snippets in trailers, what don't you like about it so far?

I don't like the futureist setting or the scifi aspects.

Uchu
08-18-2014, 02:51 AM
I'm looking forward to it, especially since I believe this will show quite a lot about SE and whether they have learned anything from the last generations FF titles. I've said elsewhere on the forum that I don't think it will be until FFXVI that we truly see what SE has in store for the franchise (because FFXV has been in development since way before SE made promises, seemed to realise what fans were expecting, got a new president, etc. Plus its premise is more that of a spin off title than a regular numbered entry). But FFXV will at least incorporate some of the changes to the business, i hope. So I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

Wolf Kanno
08-18-2014, 04:13 AM
My only concern from watching the trailers is that the game will pull another FFX/XIII and not really open up until the end game with the rest of the game being told in set pieces that will drive you forward. KH pretty much does this so I'm kind of expecting the flow to be similar. Wouldn't be surprised if they did away with the world map or exploration in general, though said set pieces will probably be large though easy to fully explore in a first run.

Quindiana Jones
08-18-2014, 11:04 AM
It looks fantastic to me, which has me worried. SE have a knack for releasing shitey games that look fantastic. xD

Uchu
08-19-2014, 01:24 AM
It looks fantastic to me, which has me worried. SE have a knack for releasing troutey games that look fantastic. xD

It does indeed look beautiful, I can't get enough of the epic 2013 trailer. Gets me excited like a 10 year old every time.

But I to am worried about it being all style no substance.

My only concern from watching the trailers is that the game will pull another FFX/XIII and not really open up until the end game with the rest of the game being told in set pieces that will drive you forward. KH pretty much does this so I'm kind of expecting the flow to be similar. Wouldn't be surprised if they did away with the world map or exploration in general, though said set pieces will probably be large though easy to fully explore in a first run.

That really bugged me about FFXIII, especially since I really enjoyed wandering around Ivalice in FFXII. I would deliberately avoid the Moogles teleportation crystals and instead choose to wander the wilderness on foot.

However, it does at least appear to have some thing resembling a world map landscape, if the screen shots are anything to go by. But at this point, who knows.

fat_moogle
08-19-2014, 01:47 AM

I don't like the futureist setting or the scifi aspects.
Fair enough. I actually like how Final Fantasy XV is taking a more current approach in terms of design. It is, after all, a "fantasy based on reality". I'm looking forward to scaling those skyscrapers in battle! And hopefully below those skyscrapers lies giant cities to explore...buutttttt we'll see about that. I have faith that Square Enix will deliver on this game. They've been in no rush to release it so I'm hoping that they're gearing up for something big. Whenever I think that though I just end up waiting for another year so who knows. A TGS showing this year wouldn't go a miss though. ..

Ayen
08-19-2014, 02:16 AM
The game looks like a game that's been in development for eight years and if it doesn't deliver Square Enix will be berated for making us wait eight years on a game that sucks.

I just hope Stella is playable. Bet she won't be, though.

fat_moogle
08-19-2014, 04:05 PM
She'll be playable in FFXV-2.

Nate
08-19-2014, 04:30 PM
I'm eager to play it. I'm hoping for a new FF in the numbered series that I can be happy playing. I haven't felt that way since FFX.

Wolf Kanno
08-19-2014, 04:31 PM

The sad truth is that SE has already discussed the idea this game will have sequels. Maybe the delay is due to them also working on FFXV-2.

Nate
08-19-2014, 05:34 PM
I wish they would stick all this energy to make sequels into making other games. They were a factory during the PS1 days. So much awesome.

I'm also thrilled that FFXV will be remote playable. I might actually be able to finish it.

Pumpkin
08-19-2014, 05:39 PM
I dunno, I'm a bit nervous. I don't really like the idea that its set in almost present time and I don't like only male playable characters so far, and I'm not super keen on the KH syle battle system.

But I'm going to give it a try anyways. I might love it, who knows

Dat Matt
08-19-2014, 06:01 PM
The game looks like a game that's been in development for eight years and if it doesn't deliver Square Enix will be berated for making us wait eight years on a game that sucks.

Duke Nuken forever anyone? Didn't that studio close shortly after it's release?

Ayen
08-19-2014, 06:49 PM

The sad truth is that SE has already discussed the idea this game will have sequels. Maybe the delay is due to them also working on FFXV-2.

So I can just skip one and go straight to "Stella Adventures" and dress her up like Lara Croft.

Freya
08-19-2014, 07:39 PM
You'll have to purchase the DLC for that outfit of course.

Ayen
08-19-2014, 07:41 PM
You'll have to purchase the DLC for that outfit of course.

It's going to depend how good she looks in it, folks. Unless Sailor V's outfit is DLC. Then I'm just going to go ahead and blow all my money on that.

Del Murder
08-19-2014, 08:35 PM
We don't know much about this game so I'm not sure how anyone could say it looks disappointing. Though it is disappointing that we don't know much about it!