PDA

View Full Version : Resurrect a Franchise

Wolf Kanno
08-18-2014, 05:13 AM
Name a franchise you would love to see make a return, it can't be currently active (I.e. any game franchise whose next installment is being delayed) and needs to have been inactive for at least five years.

The Man
08-18-2014, 05:32 AM
Suikoden or Chrono.

Skyblade
08-18-2014, 06:10 AM
Shining Force

Chrono

Megaman Battle Network

Megaman Legends

Golden Sun Dark Dawn makes it just barely still "alive" for purposes of this thread.

Pumpkin
08-18-2014, 06:17 AM
Suikoden or Dark Cloud

Pete for President
08-18-2014, 06:23 AM
None. Give me fresh starts with new concepts and ideas please :greenie:

Ayen
08-18-2014, 08:52 PM
BattleTanx
Evil Zone
I was going to say Fear, but they have the F2P MMO in its beta stages.

Wolf Kanno
08-18-2014, 10:02 PM
None. Give me fresh starts with new concepts and ideas please :greenie:

Hey you can resurrect a franchise with a reboot. :colbert:

Psychotic
08-18-2014, 10:16 PM
Where is my god damn fucking Bully 2 already :colbert:
WHERE IS MY GOD DAMN BULLY 2

And Star Wars Battlefront 3.

I want a new timesplitters game. Also a new star wars battlefront. Give me those two next gen titles (or current gen) and I'll be a happy pumpkin. E3 will be deemed as a success and I'd buy whatever new platform to play those on.This, and Bully 2, and it will be the greatest day of my life.
Sony, announce Battlefront 3 and/or Bully 2 as an exclusive launch title and I will come crawling back. :shobon:
Battlefront 3 and Bully 2. Now. Yesterday. :colbert:where the fuck is my battlefront 3 and my motherfucking bully 2 i am about to start murdering

Iceglow
08-18-2014, 10:26 PM
There's a fair few franchises I'd love to see brought back in a serious way. Full HD graphics, power and storage of consoles to hold bigger, more expansive universes and stories. Hell yeah!

- Pandemonium this was a pair of brilliant platforming games (would be great on the handheld markets these days)
- Gex enter the Gecko
- Colony Wars (oh for the love of god how much I'd like to see this! Red Sun at the time was one of the most expansive space opera's out there in game form, there was lots to it but the limitations of technology prevented a lot more being done)
- Jaeger (a little known space combat sim for Xbox deserves a sequel)
- Phantom Crash (mech combat arcade simulation mixed with Gran Turismo, mixed with a Jet Set Radio style graphical feel. It had plenty of funk on xbox again, was a ps2 release which essentally became too western and lost the name of the franchise, still pretty much the same idea)
- Bully 2
- Battlefront 3

The above would be a start but there's plenty more where it came from

Depression Moon
08-19-2014, 01:09 AM
You know Bully's not a franchise right? It was only 1 game.

For me, I honestl can't think of any franchises I like a lot but isn't currently ongoing.

Uchu
08-19-2014, 02:28 AM
Maybe these two are cheating a bit, but...
- Streets of Rage (yes, it was ported but I mean a new entry - with the same type of awesome music)
- Gunstar Heroes (same as above)

Also, seeing a new Ristar title would be nice (but perhaps not until they sort out Sonic's reputation).

There are probably many more, but that's all for now.

Side note, kind of a shame that there are more replies to the 'Kill a Franchise' thread than this one.

Colonel Angus
08-19-2014, 03:16 AM
Q*Bert
Gunstar Heroes
Chrono
Star Fox
Kid Icarus

Bolivar
08-19-2014, 04:07 AM
Shining Force needs a big come back!

chionos
08-19-2014, 04:30 AM
Lunar
Star Ocean
Chrono for sure

NeoCracker
08-19-2014, 07:18 AM
I'd love to say Breath of Fire. But they have. And they shouldn't have.

Same with Lufia.

Level 5 couldn't possibly fail with Dark Cloud 3! Right!? RIGHT!?

Also I'd like a new Wild Arms game please. More in the old western style of 2, but I'll take another like 4 and 5 too. I'd just love it. :(

Loony BoB
08-19-2014, 10:57 AM
Assuming these are indeed inactive and not just run down and/or unpublicised...

Jade Cocoon
Road Rash
Demolition Derby
Grandia
Warcraft (WoW doesn't count)

Dat Matt
08-19-2014, 06:35 PM
I'd love to see TWETY get a second instalment.

Ayen
08-19-2014, 06:38 PM

Jade Cocoon
Road Rash
Demolition Derby
Grandia

Yes to Road Rash. Love those games.

Del Murder
08-19-2014, 08:52 PM
Metroid (Other M was four years ago and I don't count it anyway). Also 2D Castlevania.

And of course Chrono.

The Man
08-19-2014, 10:40 PM
Oh yeah, agreed with Metroid.

Also I'm surprised no one has said "Final Fantasy, hurr hurr hurr" yet, so I'm going to say that now, :monster:.

Scotty_ffgamer
08-19-2014, 10:58 PM
I'd love for The World Ends With You to get a sequel.

I'd like more Ninja Turtles beat 'em ups. As far as I know there hasn't been any in a long time.

I would throw all my money at more Star Fox games in the same vein as the original/64.

Part of me would love to have a new Tony Hawk game IF it would have the same quality of the older games. That being said, Skate kind of fills that role for me.

I'm sure there are a lot of other games.

Uchu
08-20-2014, 12:38 AM

Jade Cocoon
Road Rash
Demolition Derby
Grandia

Since you said Road Rash, are you interested in Road Redemption (http://www.roadredemption.com/)?

Oh, and more Destruction Derby, yes! That would be so sweet on modern consoles.

Formalhaut
08-20-2014, 01:56 AM
I'd love to see TWETY get a second instalment.

Seconded! It was a superb game and well received, I'm surprised it hasn't yet.

Shauna
08-20-2014, 09:10 AM
TWEWY bombed, that's why.

qwertysaur
08-20-2014, 11:08 AM
Kid Icarus
Uprising does't count? :p

Noire
08-20-2014, 11:09 AM
I'd love another Metroid game...as long as it pretends Other M never happened. That game single-handedly destroyed the image of one of the strongest female video game protagonists there is...and we have precious few of those.

Another Legacy of Kain game would be nice. By that, I mean a proper one that continues the story, not this Nosgoth bullcrap Square Enix are bringing out.

I also want another Golden Sun game. Dark Dawn was awful, but it ended on an aggravating cliffhanger that promised more and, for all its faults, it DID introduce enough into the story to make me want more. Mourning Moon, please!

Wolf Kanno
08-21-2014, 05:06 AM
I'd love another Metroid game...as long as it pretends Other M never happened. That game single-handedly destroyed the image of one of the strongest female video game protagonists there is...and we have precious few of those.

This will always be Samus Aran to me. :D
Warning there be naughty words in this and so NSFW.
Ky-eaH9C1l0

edczxcvbnm
08-21-2014, 06:24 AM
How about a good 2D Metroid game. There hasn't been one since Super Metroid (Oh yeah...I said it).
A new Chrono game would be super awesome. Please not on a handheld though.
A true sequel to Super Mario RPG. The spiritual successors have never had the same feel.
How about Nintendo gets to making Eternal Darkness 2. Silicon Knights exploded but there must have been enough there to get the game going. Just leave Dyack out of it plz.

Masamunemaster
08-21-2014, 06:28 AM
Suikoden or Chrono.

Suikoden or Dark Cloud

Can we go farther with suikoden? I would rather go back to anything 1-3....from there on it went downhill.

I'd love to say Breath of Fire. But they have. And they shouldn't have.

Same with Lufia.

Level 5 couldn't possibly fail with Dark Cloud 3! Right!? RIGHT!?

Also I'd like a new Wild Arms game please. More in the old western style of 2, but I'll take another like 4 and 5 too. I'd just love it. :(

Also, a Dark cloud reboot would be amazing. It's on ps4 only? I'll go buy one right then.

I loved wild arms, but never played 4 or 5.

Can we bring back the good style of legaia?

Formalhaut
08-22-2014, 10:34 AM
TWEWY bombed, that's why.

Really? It got pretty good reviews critically (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World_Ends_with_You#Reception), and while it's sale figures are lukewarm, it didn't fall flat on it's face, and has a pretty decent following. It was the best selling DS game in it's week of release in Japan and North America.

I wouldn't say it bombed, anyway.

Shauna
08-22-2014, 10:43 AM
Hyperbole is my friend, friend. ;P

It did not do well when it first came out sales-wise (all that matters to the business), which is why it has been overlooked thus far. Nomura has said he'd like to make a sequel though, so maybe something is in the cards for the future.

Formalhaut
08-22-2014, 10:48 AM
Hyperbole is my friend, friend. ;P

It did not do well when it first came out sales-wise (all that matters to the business), which is why it has been overlooked thus far. Nomura has said he'd like to make a sequel though, so maybe something is in the cards for the future.

Grr, it's so hard to discern sarcasm in plain simple text!

In 2012 it was quite interesting because there were 'rumors' of a sequel because of a mysterious teaser site set up. Turns out it was just to announce the blasted iOS port.

Maybe it's possible they just didn't push TWEWY hard enough, and were focused on it's other titles instead? It's certainly grown in support over the years as people discover it.

Shauna
08-22-2014, 10:52 AM
Not sarcasm, hyperbole. Exaggeration for effect. x}

DS piracy was rife. People played it, and people loved it, but I often wonder how many people actually bought it to begin with.

Christmas
07-19-2022, 05:24 AM
Chrono, you bitches! I WANT IT! I NEED IT!

Loony BoB
07-22-2022, 03:05 PM
I love that my first thought upon seeing this thread was "Did I say Jade Cocoon last time?" and I certainly did, first of a few in my post. I mentioned that they should remake Jade Cocoon most recently on *checks his Discord* ...8th June.

VexNet
07-24-2022, 10:53 PM
SSX !!

I need some more awesome arcade snowboarding fun!
Bringing back it's vibrant aesthetic and funky radio channel!