PDA

View Full Version : This needs a damn sequel!

Wolf Kanno
08-18-2014, 05:14 AM
Name a game you would love to see get a sequel, bonus internet points for obscure and old PC or NES games from the late 80s or early 90s that will add a +2 to your Smug stat. :smug:

Skyblade
08-18-2014, 06:40 AM
Master of Orion 2
An actual sequel, please, not that abysmal piece of junk that killed the franchise.

Sword of the Samurai (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sword_of_the_Samurai_(video_game))
Like Shogun, but with more depth. How I wish you could have a minigame where you infiltrated an enemy fortress to slit their leader's throat (or have to fight your way through his guards and duel him if you screw up), instead of it all just playing out in a cutscene.
Available on GoG!

Master Blaster
Do I need to elaborate?

Castles II (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castles_II:_Siege_and_Conquest)
Wow, not much I can honestly compare this guy to. Think Risk style world conquest, except with real time tactical battles centered around the castles you build and how you defend them. Building your own castles was frelling awesome.
Available on GoG!

Pilgrim Quest (http://www.giantbomb.com/pilgrim-quest/3030-6312/)
Everyone always goes for Oregon Trail, but for my historical edutainment (wow, spell check has no problem with that word now), I much prefer this little guy.

Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where_in_the_World_Is_Carmen_Sandiego%3F_(1985))
One of the greatest, most memorable, and most stylish icons of the 90's, it is a sad world we live in where there is no more Carmen Sandiego. Ladies, next time you go to a convention, don a Red Trenchcoat and Fedora (and a black wig if you need one), and count how many people don't instantly recognize you and appreciate the cosplay (trust me, it'll be much easier than counting those who do).

The Super Solver Series (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Learning_Company#Super_Solvers_series)
Pilgrim Quest was fun. Carmen Sandiego was brilliant. But the reigning king of the edutainment genre for me was the Super Solvers. A series of fun and fantastic little games that challenged you in math, reading, logic, platforming, and so much more, depending on which game you chose. All accompanied by some absolutely glorious classical music.

Lemmings
Because these games are awesome.

I'll probably have more later.

Ayen
08-19-2014, 07:46 PM
Cyborg Justice. You play cyborgs and tear up other cyborgs. Best game ever.

A sequel to BattleTanx and Evil Zone wouldn't be half bad either.

Del Murder
08-19-2014, 08:54 PM
Dammit I wanted to say Blaster Master!

Fine, I'll say King's Quest for my smug credit.

Uchu
08-20-2014, 01:02 AM

Well with Sierra Entertainment (http://www.sierra.com) back, it looks like you're going to get your wish.

Formalhaut
08-20-2014, 01:52 AM
I'll keep repeating this: The World Ends With You.

Del Murder
08-20-2014, 04:51 AM

Well with Sierra Entertainment (http://www.sierra.com) back, it looks like you're going to get your wish.
Yep, I saw that. Excited!

Skyblade
08-20-2014, 07:32 AM

No Evil Genius sequel announced yet. :(

Add another one to my list!

Quindiana Jones
08-20-2014, 12:02 PM
Republic Commando. Republic Commando. Give me more Republic Commando.

Psychotic
08-20-2014, 05:35 PM
Apparently Bully isn't a franchise so Bully 2. Don't care. DON'T CARE. :colbert:

Nate
08-20-2014, 05:37 PM

Not to ruin your fun, but Blaster Master did have a sequel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaster_Master:_Blasting_Again

PSX game.

Skyblade
08-20-2014, 06:24 PM

Not to ruin your fun, but Blaster Master did have a sequel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaster_Master:_Blasting_Again

PSX game.

None of the sequels really lived up the original, from what I remember of them (the second one was the worst).

And we still need another one.

Del Murder
08-23-2014, 04:51 PM
A true sequel to Super Mario RPG would be cool.

NeoCracker
08-23-2014, 04:59 PM
You know I would actaully really like to see a sequel to Legend of the Ghost Lion on NES. For one, I want a bonus to my Smug Stat, for two, it was actually a really well made game for it's time with a lot of interesting Ideas.

Also new Ogre Battle.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
08-24-2014, 10:18 AM
The Legend of Dragoon. Give me anything really. Sequel. Prequel. HD Remake. Side Story about Winglies for mobile devices.

I'll take it.

Venom65437
08-24-2014, 05:18 PM
Crystalis!!!

Vyk
08-24-2014, 05:22 PM
Shining Force IV

Phantasy Star V

Dragon Force III

Not that I'd really trust anyone at Sega to actually do a good job on any of these, or they'd never make it to the west, and I'd have to murder someone. But as long as we're dreaming, I can dream that quality sequels to these series are possible

For more recent fun, I wouldn't mind a legitimate sequel to Alan Wake, or to visit Enslaved: Odyssey to the West again

And I guess if they didn't flub it up, I could wish for another Legend of Legaia sequel, and hope they come even closer to real fighting game mechanics in a JRPG

Wolf Kanno
08-24-2014, 05:26 PM
Shining Force IV

Phantasy Star V

Dragon Force III

Not that I'd really trust anyone at Sega to actually do a good job on any of these, or they'd never make it to the west, and I'd have to murder someone. But as long as we're dreaming, I can dream that quality sequels to these series are possible

For more recent fun, I wouldn't mind a legitimate sequel to Alan Wake, or to visit Enslaved: Odyssey to the West again

And I guess if they didn't flub it up, I could wish for another Legend of Legaia sequel, and hope they come even closer to real fighting game mechanics in a JRPG

Actually, after Sega acquired Atlus, they hinted at the idea of letting their teams take a crack at some of their unused IPs. So maybe in the future you might see a sequel to some of these games.

Aulayna
08-24-2014, 08:42 PM
The World Ends With You.

It's criminal that SQEX haven't done more with this concept.

As for obscure 90s titles? Wiz 'n' Liz.

chionos
08-25-2014, 01:25 AM
DEFINITELY Phantasy Star V. Holy shit please.

Out of This World/Another World

Skyblade
08-26-2014, 01:06 AM
Shining Force IV

Phantasy Star V

Dragon Force III

Actually, after Sega acquired Atlus, they hinted at the idea of letting their teams take a crack at some of their unused IPs. So maybe in the future you might see a sequel to some of these games.

Shining Force IV made by ATLUS would be one of the crowning jewels of the gaming world.

Vyk
08-26-2014, 04:07 AM
Atlus doesn't really make strategy RPGs outside of the norm, do they? Did the Devil Savior games have town exploration? Or do they do like every other Japanese SRPG and just go from battle to plot to battle and back and forth eternally. Shining Force will need town exploration >.> If Atlus can do that, I will concede

Wolf Kanno
08-26-2014, 04:36 AM
Atlus doesn't really make strategy RPGs outside of the norm, do they? Did the Devil Savior games have town exploration? Or do they do like every other Japanese SRPG and just go from battle to plot to battle and back and forth eternally. Shining Force will need town exploration >.> If Atlus can do that, I will concede

Atlus has both the Last Bible and Devil Survivor series, so they have quite a bit of experience in the genre, course I would assume a design team from Sega would help it stick to the spirit of the old franchise. Atlus is pretty good about keeping the fans happy when it doesn't involve releasing their games in Europe.

deepdoop
08-26-2014, 03:49 PM
Also new Ogre Battle.

Yes, yes yes yes yes. I know there was an N64 one but it's time for another Ogre Battle. I need to lose countless hours. Some other people said The World Ends With You and I also agree with that.

I'm just going to go out of my way and say I would love to see another General Chaos because it was one of my favourite games to play with a friend. I enjoy the single screen combat.

Freya
08-26-2014, 04:14 PM
Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where_in_the_World_Is_Carmen_Sandiego%3F_(1985))
One of the greatest, most memorable, and most stylish icons of the 90's, it is a sad world we live in where there is no more Carmen Sandiego. Ladies, next time you go to a convention, don a Red Trenchcoat and Fedora (and a black wig if you need one), and count how many people don't instantly recognize you and appreciate the cosplay (trust me, it'll be much easier than counting those who do).

Lemmings
Because these games are awesome.

I'll probably have more later.
DUDE these would make perfect mobile games. I know I know, mobile games. But lemmings would so work like angry birds with the levels.

I need a new timesplinters like super bad. I need to kill monkeys.

deepdoop
08-26-2014, 04:25 PM
The worst part of a new Timesplitters coming is that it keeps coming up in news every so often. It's usually Crytek saying there isn't enough interest. Do you know about Timesplitters Rewind though? If not, it's a fan-made multiplayer game that Crytek has given its blessing to.

The best thing we can do at this point is download the ever living shit out of this thing once we're finally able to. Get your friends, get your friends friends, even if they don't play it, we need to show support so hopefully Timesplitters 4 will become a reality.

Uchu
08-26-2014, 11:53 PM
Yes! Looking forward to TimeSplitters Rewind, absolutely loved TS and was one of the first games I bought for the PS2. From the snippets of info I have read about Rewind, it looks set to be a lot of fun and a great homage to the series.

Freya
08-27-2014, 12:43 AM
I didn't know about it, no! Heck yes ima get it!

Shiny
08-27-2014, 09:07 AM
The Legend of Dragoon. Give me anything really. Sequel. Prequel. HD Remake. Side Story about Winglies for mobile devices.

I'll take it.
We are kindred souls. I was coming in here to say (some what) exactly this. GIVE ME THE SEQUEL OR PREQUEL NOW DAMN YOU.

Psychonauts 2 would have been nice.

metagloria
08-27-2014, 12:40 PM
Just get me one more Mega Man Legends before I die. Please, Capcom. CAPCOM PLS