PDA

View Full Version : SCEJA Pre-TGS Press Conference

fat_moogle
08-19-2014, 12:35 PM
Sony Computer Entertainment Japan have announced they will be holding a press conference on the 1st of September.

Source: http://www.jp.playstation.com/conference/2014/

This comes just over two weeks before TGS 2014 which runs from the 18th - 21st September so it will be interesting to see what Sony have up their sleeves to get Japanese gamers to pick up a PS4

Bolivar
08-19-2014, 07:19 PM
Have they done this before? A pre-TCS press conference? They already showed off so many new games that weren't at E3, it would be crazy if they continued that trend at TGS.

I hope there are some good surprises, I hardly have any Japanese games on my PS4 or Vita.

Ayen
08-19-2014, 07:31 PM
The week I play "F.3.A.R." Something evil is coming, I can feel it in my soul.

Uchu
08-20-2014, 01:14 AM
Cool, will check that out. Nice find.

Have they done this before? A pre-TCS press conference? They already showed off so many new games that weren't at E3, it would be crazy if they continued that trend at TGS.

I hope there are some good surprises, I hardly have any Japanese games on my PS4 or Vita.

Yes, they've done it for at least the last few years. Last year included the PS Vita TV announcement. Damn, already been a whole year! That went too fast.

fat_moogle
08-20-2014, 11:55 AM
^ The year has gone EXTREMELY fast. But then so has the last 24 years xD

I'm going on holiday 1st September so I'm relying on you guys to keep this thread alive so I have stuff to read through when I get back from my week away ;p like Bolivar says hopefully there's some good announcements.

Bolivar
09-02-2014, 02:59 AM
I'm going on holiday 1st September so I'm relying on you guys to keep this thread alive so I have stuff to read through when I get back from my week away ;p like Bolivar says hopefully there's some good announcements.

I was originally going to post things like "OMG THEY JUST SHOWED THE LAST GUARDIAN IT LOOKS UNBELIEVABLE!!!" to tease fat_moogle but, ironically, they actually showed a lot of interesting stuff on their own! I always keep my expectations low for TGS but I gotta hand it to Sony this year:

- Persona 5 coming to both PS3 and PS4 in 2015 (N. America confirmed)
- Disgaea 5 announced for PS4 with a 2015 Japanese release window
- Dragon Quest Heroes announced for PS4, an Omega Force-developed, action-oriented Dynasty Warriors-like in the same vein as Hyrule Warriors.
- Bloodbourne will release in Japan February 5
- Hot Shots Golf coming to PS4 with an open-world focus
- Luminous Arc Infinity announced for PS Vita

PS4 & Vita Cross-Platform games announced for 2015:
- Ys
- God Eater 2: Rage Burst
- Senran Kagura: Estival Versus
- Yakuza Zero (Spring 2015, Yakuza game set in 1980s)

Edit: changed title above from cross-buy to cross-platform since it's not confirmed and Japanese devs so far haven't offered cross-buy versions for many games.

Ayen
09-02-2014, 03:02 AM
It was a pretty good press conference. I was happy to see Resident Evil Revelations 2 confirmed as actually happening and we'll be getting a playable demo at TGS.

Pete for President
09-02-2014, 06:15 AM

I was originally going to post things like "OMG THEY JUST SHOWED THE LAST GUARDIAN IT LOOKS UNBELIEVABLE!!!" to tease fat_moogle but, ironically, they actually showed a lot of interesting stuff on their own! I always keep my expectations low for TGS but I gotta hand it to Sony this year:

- Persona 5 coming to both PS3 and PS4 in 2015 (N. America confirmed)
- Disgaea 5 announced for PS4 with a 2015 Japanese release window
- Dragon Quest Heroes announced for PS4, an Omega Force-developed, action-oriented Dynasty Warriors-like in the same vein as Hyrule Warriors.
- Hot Shots Golf coming to PS4 with an open-world focus
- Luminous Arc Infinity announced for PS Vita

PS4 & Vita Cross-Buy games announced for 2015:
- Ys
- God Eater 2: Rage Burst
- Senran Kagura: Estival Versus
- Yakuza Zero (Spring 2015, Yakuza game set in 1980s)

I just lost my smurf :eek: Not even a year after Dark Souls 2 got released Miyaki's Bloodbourne comes out. I have so much faith in FromSoftware it's nuts. Go Miyazaki! Bring us the stuff of legends!

Wolf Kanno
09-02-2014, 06:19 AM
The Persona 5 trrailer made it worth staying up for it, glad to see Yakuza getting love and the DQ Dynasty Warriors game looks pretty cool. Sad Square-Enix didn't show either Type-0 HD footage or a teaser for FFXV.