PDA

View Full Version : Who Is Your Favourite FFVIII Male?

Pumpkin
08-19-2014, 04:34 PM
I'm going with Squall with Zell as a close second!

sharkythesharkdogg
08-19-2014, 05:03 PM
Zell Dincht. I have to respect his love for hot dogs.

Even if some people do think he's a chicken wuss with skinny little legs. Plus he attracts hot librarians.

Nate
08-19-2014, 05:31 PM
Squall. He was the protagonist.

I couldn't stand Zell, he just seemed unbalanced. He also had an obsession with hot dogs.

Ayen
08-19-2014, 06:52 PM
A toss up between Squall and Irvine. I'm going with Irvine since I get a feeling he won't get a vote otherwise. I like his cowboy outfit, his gun, and the way he gets shot down by the women he hits on.

DarkBahamut
08-19-2014, 07:08 PM
Sometimes I get annoyed by how emotionally detached he starts out as and randomly starts loving Rinoa as an obsession within a small period of time, but I really respect when he becomes a leader.

He's one of the few reasons that FFVIII is still enjoyable.

Vermachtnis
08-19-2014, 08:51 PM
Zell, I like characters who punch things.

Colonel Angus
08-20-2014, 12:53 AM
I went w/ Squall. I like his little internal thoughts. & the gunblade.

Zell is cool, just a bit hyper. Who doesn't like hot dogs? However, he has the look of a speed freak, so I would've suggested Cid to get him tested before letting him be a SeeD.

Irvine is OK, even if he shit his pants on the assassination attempt.

Uchu
08-20-2014, 01:44 AM
Zell. Always thought he was quite amusing.

Sometimes I get annoyed by how emotionally detached he starts out as and randomly starts loving Rinoa as an obsession within a small period of time, but I really respect when he becomes a leader.

He's one of the few reasons that FFVIII is still enjoyable.

Glad to see someone else thinks Squalls love for Rinoa was sudden. Played through this just the other day and was sitting there wondering if i missed something.

Colonel Angus
08-20-2014, 02:47 AM
I always thought it was just one of those "Love @ 1st sight" kind of things.

Ayen
08-20-2014, 02:51 AM
I always saw it as more of a... YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU GOT TILL IT'S GONE! 'Cause their relationship started building in disc 2. Though admittedly you can miss a lot of that if you don't take Rinoa with you to Garden initially.

noxious.sunshine
08-20-2014, 03:38 AM
IRVINE ALL DAY.I have a thing for gun-slangin cowboys.

Forsaken Lover
08-20-2014, 04:17 AM
The fact people are voting for Irvine over Seifer is rather disturbing.

I bet you also would prefer Budweiser over actual beer too.

One thing is good here and that is Seifer. The other thing is Irvine and he is not any kind of good. In a game with bad characters, he is actually the Gold Medalist for being the most awful.

Seifer had more personality than the entire playable party combined.

Wolf Kanno
08-20-2014, 05:03 AM

noxious.sunshine
08-20-2014, 06:26 AM
The fact people are voting for Irvine over Seifer is rather disturbing.

I bet you also would prefer Budweiser over actual beer too.

One thing is good here and that is Seifer. The other thing is Irvine and he is not any kind of good. In a game with bad characters, he is actually the Gold Medalist for being the most awful.

Seifer had more personality than the entire playable party combined.

Actually, I do prefer Budweiser.

It's something I have in common with my dad. Along with NASCAR and Sprint car racing and other things that would qualify me as a redneck. That's kind of how we bond. Drink Budweiser and watch racing.

Colonel Angus
08-21-2014, 12:09 AM
Why wasn't today's poll, "Who Is Your Favourite FFVIII Female?"

Shorty
08-21-2014, 06:16 PM
Irvine. He's totally handsome and wears a duster. Enough for me.

Pumpkin
08-21-2014, 06:25 PM
Why wasn't today's poll, "Who Is Your Favourite FFVIII Female?"

Don't worry, you'll get that poll soon

Rin Heartilly
10-03-2014, 06:44 PM
Where's Laguna?? D:

Anyway I choose Squall. I love that sarcastic, cynical, baddass yet nice-enough-to-show-a-transfer-student-around-campus-and-explain-what-everything-is-for man that he is.

Laguna and Zell tied for second. They both seem fun to be around. Seifer in third place and Irvine in fourth lol

fat_moogle
10-03-2014, 07:03 PM
Where's Laguna?? D:
This.

THE MAN WITH THE MACHINE GUNNNNN!

In it's current poll status I'll have to choose Zell. Squall was too "..." for my liking. Never really felt a connection with him. Seifer, good character design, but I feel they just wasted him by turning him in to the sorceress' puppet. And Irvine? He's just a creep xD

Chicken Wuss was just full of beans and provided the entertainment!

Ceiladora
02-24-2015, 09:19 PM
=O?! Can we pick a male GF? Do they count?! :D

MJN SEIFER
02-24-2015, 09:36 PM
Sometimes I get annoyed by how emotionally detached he starts out as and randomly starts loving Rinoa as an obsession within a small period of time. It's not really like that though. He was only "detached" because he was afraid of losing someone important again, it didn't seem sudden to me, it made a lot of sense. He had the potential to open up from the begining, he just held back.

Squall gets my vote as well.

Ceiladora
02-24-2015, 09:41 PM
I'll go with Zell, then. His obnoxious, hot-dog-famished and rather significant golden hearted personality reminds me fondly of a dear family member. One who shares the same birthdate I do and their gift to me was FFVIII. :) Besides, I feel for him trying so badly to grasp those beloved hot dogs. :lol:

Leigh
02-25-2015, 05:14 PM
Zell. He'd be a blast to hang around. Chilling over some hot dogs, and he's not full of his own excrement like the other gentlemen listed.

Seifer's got BPD, Irvine's got NPD and Squall's got AvPD.

CimminyCricket
02-26-2015, 01:09 AM
I'll have to go with Laguna. He was funny as all get up and super goofy.

Loony BoB
02-26-2015, 11:40 AM
Laguna > Ward > Zell > Kiros > Squall > Seifer > Irvine

Kyros
02-28-2015, 01:23 AM
I've never been able to stand Irvine. He looks dumb and is annoying. The only reason he's not the one I give Kamikaze vs Ultimecia is b/c his limit is better than some of the other characters.'

Aerith's Knight
02-28-2015, 02:43 PM
Normally I would said Irvine, but the scene where he pussies out on Disc 1 is just.. no. So Laguna, or Ward, but those are the best period.

Ceiladora
02-28-2015, 04:41 PM
Diablos is pretty charming, muscular, and attractive gentlemen indubitably. He shines with pure sexiness. :nod:

Aerith's Knight
03-01-2015, 10:12 AM
Diablos is pretty charming, muscular, and attractive gentlemen indubitably. He shines with pure sexiness. :nod:

Be careful what you wish for. :greenie:

Make sure you use a blindfold, at the very least.

Ceiladora
03-02-2015, 07:06 AM

Be careful what you wish for. :greenie:

Make sure you use a blindfold, at the very least.

:lol:

Huh, you know he does long fine talons too. :eek:

A blindfold. I don't know, because I wouldn't be able to see his beautiful face. ;)

Yellow_Magic
03-02-2015, 11:02 PM
As much I love the main man and everyone's favourite chicken-wuss, it's gotta be Laguna claiming the top prize. Will anyone else ever inspire a battle themes as awesome as The Man with the Machine Gun?? Probably not