PDA

View Full Version : Sephex plays Five Nights at Freddy's

Sephex
08-20-2014, 12:22 AM
So there is this new horror game that's been making waves on the internet. As I say in my video, I saw no one discussing this game here, so I decided to do a Let's Play of it. Keep in mind that I have basic/free stuff to record this, so the quality isn't top notch, but you can hear me fine and see what is going on. If you like what you see and want to give this a go yourself, I have placed a link in the YouTube description and will provide one here. Anyway, here is me playing it:

5fJ-fdFiHfU

Link: http://www.indiedb.com/games/five-nights-at-freddys

DMKA
08-20-2014, 01:46 AM
Haha, I'm such a chicken. I installed this game earlier and after a few minutes I closed it because it was freaking me out.

Sephex
08-20-2014, 05:00 AM
Just brave it, man. It is a tense game, but it is a cool experience. It's a very simple and basic game, but even if you know exactly how the game works it can still throw you for a loop with how unpredictable it can be. You can even unlock a bonus night that lets you set each of the AI for each enemy. Can't wait to see what the creator of this game does next, no matter if he expands upon this idea or does something else entirely.

Sephex
08-21-2014, 10:46 PM
Continued to play this again. If you ever wanted to see me scream here's your chance!

1A-FoG7duEQ

Psychotic
08-22-2014, 07:46 PM
Really enjoyed watching you play this! What a great and novel idea for a game. I like the little personalities they all have and the strategies you had to use. You screamer ;)

Sephex
08-23-2014, 03:05 AM
Thanks, man. Glad you enjoyed it! I gave it another shot and tried to survive yet another night!

eaghuY7j_10

Psychotic
08-23-2014, 09:30 AM
I liked how you handled Pirate Fox, that seemed like the most deadly enemy but you made it into nothing. That fucking ending though. Damn son. Got me too.

Sephex
08-23-2014, 10:06 AM
The game is so damn stressful. I love it. I will beat night five....soon...I hope!

DK
08-23-2014, 12:40 PM
I'm trying to enjoy the gameplay but I keep getting distracted by how handsome the player is. :aimkiss:

Iceglow
08-23-2014, 05:36 PM
The scream was most amusing xD

Sephex
08-25-2014, 10:20 PM
I attempt to finally conquer night five. DO I HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?!?!

wYajrWyqqk4

Psychotic
08-26-2014, 01:15 PM
Good job!

I've seen in other LPs that people have had it roll over to 6 am even after Freddy's song finishes and it goes dark. I think it can happen at any point up until he attacks you.

Shauna
10-27-2014, 07:16 PM
In the spirit of the Halloween season, I finally got round to watching this LP. Well done on getting through the 5 nights! :3

I know, however, that this game would do me no good and I would be no good at actually playing it. I would probably have a nervous breakdown or something. xD Tense atmospheric games and me do not mix well. xD

Sephex
10-28-2014, 12:01 AM
Thanks! Off camera I did night six. I was going to record some more, but I felt like I could go as far as I could go with the series (especially since much bigger LPers ran it to the ground pretty quickly too). Night 6 is basically Night 5 on crack, but if you monitor Freddy and Foxy in a balanced way and just flick on the door lights to catch Bonnie and Chicka sneaking up on you in a timely manner, you can easily pass the night. The only other challenge past that is to set the AI to max level and still beat it, but at that point it just becomes making sure you do the same pattern over and over again. Check out Markiplier's video of him doing the 4 20/20/20/20 challenge if you want to see what that is like.

Also, I can't wait for the sequel. Keep in mind that literally ONE GUY made this game and is making the next one. If you haven't seen it already, go check out the trailer in a thread I made in General Gaming to see how much the game has changed up in the sequel! I will probably record myself playing again when that comes out.

Endless
10-28-2014, 09:03 PM
For those of who who want to get a good scare while on the move, this week's Humble Mobile Bundle (https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile) has FNaF as part of the extended bundle.