PDA

View Full Version : Do You Enjoy Camping?

Pumpkin
08-20-2014, 03:17 PM
I do! It's a shame I don't go more often, though

Nate
08-20-2014, 03:23 PM
Nothing beats campfire food. I totally dig just chucking some aluminum foil wrapped food right on the fire and letting it cook up. And roasted marshmallows are the bomb, always.

My only request is that I camp when the temperature outside be cold at night so I can sleep. Nothing sucks as hard as a hot summer night in a tent.

Formalhaut
08-20-2014, 03:42 PM
I've never gone camping before, but I'll be going camping for the first time on Friday, for five days. I'm very excited!It's pretty expensive though. You've got to buy a tent, a sleeping bag, other camping necessities... luckily, I'm borrowing a tent.

Flying Mullet
08-20-2014, 04:29 PM

Freya
08-20-2014, 05:50 PM
I need to do it more often. Now that life has settled down I think a camping trip is in order.

Shorty
08-20-2014, 06:03 PM
I love camping with my friends.

noxious.sunshine
08-21-2014, 04:12 AM
I love it. Esp if there's water nearby that I can swim in and it's all secluded and shit.

Shorty
08-21-2014, 04:16 AM
Translation: noxy skinnydips while camping.

blackmage_nuke
08-21-2014, 04:37 AM
It's very enjoyable. Especially with a lot of meat, alcohol and friends. I wish I had a 4wd so I can go to more secluded places.

Though a lot of my friends are always obsessed with having big campfires when I'd prefer a slow burning fire or no fire at all. Then they throw bottles in there and make them explode and glass goes everywhere. Sometimes it's like Im looking after children. :|

chionos
08-21-2014, 06:12 AM

Sharky, take this poor girl camping! What's wrong with you, man? You're slippin'.

Vermachtnis
08-21-2014, 08:09 AM
I've never been a real camping trip. It looks fun and I like fishing.

Shiny
08-21-2014, 06:28 PM
I went camping once. I heard a cougar at night and then a bear was outside eating the berries near the trailer I was in. Then during the day we saw a pack of coyotes that followed us and were nosy as we were canoeing. We ventured off and found some weird animal sacrifice trout and the town that was close by seemed very Hills Have Eyes. I'll pass on camping again.

escobert
08-21-2014, 10:13 PM
near the trailer I was in.

That is not camping.

noxious.sunshine
08-22-2014, 01:28 AM
Translation: noxy skinnydips while camping.

*coughs* I have never gone skinny dipping tyvm.

I like to be secluded so that I can drink myself stupid and not have forestry policemen all up in my trout.

@ Shiny: Where was this? I love spooky trout like that.

Shiny
08-22-2014, 02:46 AM
Thompson, PA or close to it in some woods.

That is not camping.
You don't need a tent for it to be camping.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-22-2014, 01:28 PM

Sharky, take this poor girl camping! What's wrong with you, man? You're slippin'.

We've been busy moving, and it's hot in the summer. I think we're looking at another fall camping trip.

escobert
08-22-2014, 02:57 PM

That is not camping.

And staying in a trailer or RV is not camping. You are sleeping in a bed not on the ground in a sleeping bag. You don't require fire for warmth and having a fridge doesn't really count as storing supplies. You are staying in the woods not camping :p Oh and camping is defined as having temporary shelter. A trailer is not temporary shelter ;)

Depression Moon
08-22-2014, 03:50 PM
Never been in my life.

Shiny
08-23-2014, 02:08 AM

That is not camping.

And staying in a trailer or RV is not camping. You are sleeping in a bed not on the ground in a sleeping bag. You don't require fire for warmth and having a fridge doesn't really count as storing supplies. You are staying in the woods not camping :p Oh and camping is defined as having temporary shelter. A trailer is not temporary shelter ;)
I wasn't sleeping in a bed and the RV was used as temporary shelter as my real home is a smurfing house. ;)

True that a fridge really doesn't constitute as camping, but we did do the whole hunting thing, or tried to at least before relying on outside food we brought in. I more so watched as a spectator during the hunting. Either way it is camping. You can camp in an RV, tent, cabin, etc.

Get your semantics right. :p

Ayen
08-23-2014, 02:12 AM
I've never gone camping :(

Marky Tee
08-23-2014, 01:10 PM
sometimes i o it as part of my job....so no

escobert
08-23-2014, 02:54 PM

That is not camping.

I wasn't sleeping in a bed and the RV was used as temporary shelter as my real home is a smurfing house. ;)

True that a fridge really doesn't constitute as camping, but we did do the whole hunting thing, or tried to at least before relying on outside food we brought in. I more so watched as a spectator during the hunting. Either way it is camping. You can camp in an RV, tent, cabin, etc.

Get your semantics right. :p

I'm just giving you shit :p My dad lives in a trailer in the woods and my grandparents forage/grow and hunt for their food :p so maybe they all camp year round? :p I've also lived in a camper before!