PDA

View Full Version : Is this true (Materia Store guy, in Wall Market)?

MJN SEIFER
08-20-2014, 11:27 PM
You know how for Cloud's disguise you can get a tiara from the guy in the Materia Store if you check what's in the vending machine at the inn for him?

Now, the reason the game gives is that he wanted to check out the compettion, but can't check himself because he had a fight with the owner of the inn. However, I remember reading somewhere that this was changed for the translation, and he was actually trying to buy something from the vending machine he was "too embarrassed to get". Now, what I read didn't specify what this was (it just said "can you guess?"), but I assume that he wanted to buy a condom (I'm going to look a total idiot if I'm wrong :lol:) which would also explain why he can't ask a girl to get it, and why he didn't want Aeris to listen to him.

I just wanted to know if this is actually true or not?

Colonel Angus
08-20-2014, 11:35 PM
Yes. It's a condom vending machine. Even as a teen I always thought this was obvious.

MJN SEIFER
08-20-2014, 11:39 PM
That was fast. Thanks. :)

Forsaken Lover
08-21-2014, 12:24 AM
It should have been one of those panties vending machines I've heard about.

maybee
08-21-2014, 11:14 AM
omg I always thought that he wanted a can of soda ! Even as a adult !

I feel so dumb :c

Vyk
08-22-2014, 05:57 AM
This was kinda my presumption where the thread would go lol

Condoms makes sense I suppose, but from what I hear about Japan, this would actually make more sense

Psychotic
08-22-2014, 08:24 AM
If it was panties, it would've saved Cloud the hassle of infiltrating the Honeybee Inn and being violated in order to obtain some. Maybe he would've just done that for fun anyway though.

metagloria
08-22-2014, 12:48 PM
Huh. How about that.

Vyk
08-23-2014, 04:26 AM
Good point

Uchu
08-26-2014, 01:18 AM
This was kinda my presumption where the thread would go lol

Condoms makes sense I suppose, but from what I hear about Japan, this would actually make more sense

Trust me when I say that the presence of panty vending machines is greatly exaggerated. They are not on every street corner, in every hotel, and not even around in the more 'shady' parts of town (think Kamurocho - Kabukicho as presented in the Yakuza series), or planted around the 'geek' district Akihabara.

I have never seen one (not that I particularly want to). But if i would hazard a guess, they would probably be in the sleazy love hotels.

Now, normal vending machines are indeed EVERYWHERE, just like McDonalds... seriously, you are constantly being told by signs that a McDonalds is only 100 metres away.

---

By the way, the most expensive item does seem to be a condom set (given the name in the original) but the machine isn't solely a condom machine. It is more of an all purpose 'love making' item dispenser.. think 'assistant drugs' and 'things that make other things slippery'.