PDA

View Full Version : RAGE QUIT!!!!!!!

Wolf Kanno
08-21-2014, 02:05 AM
How easily do you get discouraged and rage quit a game? Do you have little patience or will you stubbornly tackle a wall of difficulty long after it has stopped being fun?

Forsaken Lover
08-21-2014, 02:07 AM
Never. I'm too stubborn. I might stop for a bit out of sheer irritation but I'll always come back after a little while and keep at it.

The last time this happened was against Sazh's Eidolon in XIII. I lost dozens of times until eventually i stopped and then came back later that night to beat it.

Ayen
08-21-2014, 02:09 AM
I will swear at the screen a lot at a hard part before finally quitting the game and abusing the case. I'll usually go back to it in a couple of days, unless the week is over and the review is done, then smurf that game.

Pheesh
08-21-2014, 02:23 AM
I answered number two on the poll but that doesn't exactly sum it up. If the game is good enough to warrant my continued frustration I will stick with it, if it isn't then I won't play it anymore. I will usually rage quit at a certain point though, it is just 50/50 on whether I will come back to the game or not.

escobert
08-21-2014, 03:38 AM
THe only games I rage quit in are FPS games or MMOs. I stopped raging in DayZ long ago. Way too many bugs to rage in that game. Counter Strike will piss me off to no end.

Forsaken Lover
08-21-2014, 03:48 AM
Now I think on this, I did a lot of this when I was younger. Especially to my poor N64 because I didn't just quit, every time I lost a wrestling match in WWF War Zone or whatever I'd get mad and just start smacking the console mercilessly or maybe yanking the cart out and throwing it across the room.

I had anger issues. I still do...just not so much against video games.

Colonel Angus
08-21-2014, 04:05 AM
90% of our members won't know what are Reaganomics.

Wolf Kanno
08-21-2014, 04:09 AM
90% of our members won't know what are Reaganomics.

True but they might remember the Robot Chicken sketch with Joey Fatone and the TMNT that references it. ;)

Vyk
08-21-2014, 04:34 AM
Definitely the "It's cheap, and I'm done" option. Used to be the "Beating this crap on principle" option. But even then I wasn't guaranteed to persevereDon't have time for that kind of outlook anymore. I don't play video games enough as it is. I don't need to waste time playing something I don't enjoy, and I don't need the stressGoodbye, Dark Souls! You're not hard, you're cheap~ ....extremely cheap....

black orb
08-22-2014, 06:50 AM
>>> I have to pay for the extra content? *rages*..:luca:

Pumpkin
08-22-2014, 07:47 AM
I will rage quit if its too hard. I can accept some level of difficulty but if every battle is like pulling teeth then no thank you. If the story is great I'll watch the rest on the youtubes

Formalhaut
08-22-2014, 10:09 AM
I absolutely hate dying in video games, so much so, that I will go so far to turn the console off or 'soft reset' just before the moment of death, so I don't have to watch through the game over or death sequence. If I'm too late to do that and my reflexes aren't quick enough, I still turn it off as soon as possible, and play another game for at least a week to block out the painful memory :p

I always avenge a death. It's almost as if I hold a grudge against the game for killing my friend.

arenzi
08-22-2014, 12:56 PM
I'll get annoyed if I die several times. I won't exactly rage but I'll get frustrated enough to stop playing for a while. A bit of a challenge is fine, but if it's so hard that it's almost impossible then I have no patience for that. If I really can't pass it, depending on what it is I might just quit and find out what happens somewhere else.

Vyk
08-22-2014, 02:56 PM
I absolutely hate dying in video games, so much so, that I will go so far to turn the console off or 'soft reset' just before the moment of death, so I don't have to watch through the game over or death sequence. If I'm too late to do that and my reflexes aren't quick enough, I still turn it off as soon as possible, and play another game for at least a week to block out the painful memory :p

I always avenge a death. It's almost as if I hold a grudge against the game for killing my friend.
Dark Souls loved trolling people with this. Saving as you took the final hit, so when you re-load, you just immediately drop dead. No real hope of rescue there >.>

Mirage
08-22-2014, 08:16 PM
I don't actually ragequit a lot anymore. I tend to just turn the game off before I get really angry

Fynn
08-23-2014, 10:54 PM
In all my gaming life, there has only been one instance of me ragequitting, and that was the battle with Diablo in Diablo 2. Nope. Nope.

Iceglow
08-27-2014, 07:03 PM
When I get pissed off at how shit my team is doing in an FPS I may quit, though generally I'll do everything possible to get booted, it's funnier. Especially if that involves targeting the MLG faggot on the team for betrayals repeatedly, failing an MLG, the French will do just fine.

If it's a lone wolves type game then I'll either tough it out hoping to do better than last or I'll exit the game.

Other than that, single player gets tough? The tough get going. I'll keep at a single player game until the cows come home. The last time I stopped playing a game because of stressing over a difficult patch was GTA 4 when I was doing a mission for the Lost and Damned and died a shit ton in the exact same point of the mission no matter what I tried.

Shaibana
09-01-2014, 03:50 PM
i dont really rage quit in anger.
but often i do stop for the day after being defeated 1 or 2x by a boss.
ive noticed that it really helped to retry it again on a fresh day

Dat Matt
09-01-2014, 07:25 PM
Depends on the game. When I'm playing some games shauna doesn't even talk to me because I am being verbally angry at the TV. I'll power through, but most games are terrible for being lame and I hate them.

Ayen
09-01-2014, 11:01 PM
During my playthrough of F.E.A.R. 3 last Saturday, I was fighting a swarm of Scavengers (four-legged beasts) that kept coming, and coming, and I didn't realize that I was supposed to close the shutter in the other room to keep them out so I can continue on. I raged so hard at the screen that the power in the entire neighborhood went out. Had I been playing 1 or 2 that would have scared the trout out of me.

Endless
09-01-2014, 11:31 PM
I usually swear a lot and flip the tv/console/computer off. It doesn't change anything re: cheating bastard AI/stupid mechanics, but it allows me to vent my hate.
Often I'll keep at it until I beat that particular part then quit and leave the game untouched for days/months/years/ever.

Shiny
09-02-2014, 07:58 AM
I tend to get really angry playing any GTA game because whenever I am doing a particularly difficult mission, people start driving like total assholes to mess me up. I SWEAR IT'S DELIBERATE.

This one time in particular in GTA Vice City I was doing one of the harder racing missions right before Cop Land, and some douche bag spawned out of no where and hit me just as I was about to win the race (which took me a few tries to begin with). I was so angry I threw my controller and stopped playing for a while, but then the next day I went right back to it. I tend to be a vengeful rage quitter.

escobert
09-02-2014, 02:33 PM
In all my gaming life, there has only been one instance of me ragequitting, and that was the battle with Diablo in Diablo 2. Nope. Nope.

Good thing you never got to Baal then :p

Fynn
09-02-2014, 05:34 PM

Good thing you never got to Baal then :p

Yes, quite.

Loony BoB
09-05-2014, 11:40 AM
I tend to quit when I am bored or don't have the right kind of emotional investment in the game to want to beat it no matter what. I can't think of any times I've ever ragequitted a game, though. Maybe Hamsterball. It was more giving up after geting frustrated than 'raging', though. I don't think I've ever 'raged' at a game.

Ayen
09-05-2014, 11:41 AM
I raged quit again on Darksiders II and cursed it out.

I'll get back to it tomorrow.

Freya
10-01-2014, 05:36 PM
It takes a bit for me to rage quit. Unless it's Dead Space, then I scared quit. Otherwise I try and try until I just can't get any further.

Ayen
10-02-2014, 05:12 AM
While I was playing FFXII I got mad, took it out of the system and then flung it across the room. It landed safely in the bag hanging on my door. It was funny.

Markus. D
10-03-2014, 06:41 AM
my ragequits only happen during beating times/achievement hunting.

Karifean
11-09-2014, 08:48 PM
Goddamnit. So I'm playing Ougon Musou Kyoku (a fighting game) on Hard difficulty and I beat all 7 rounds without using a continue and promptly...

http://i.imgur.com/ukchDr4.png

Thinking hell yes I'm gonna take this guy on before being slaughtered in two combos without dealing a single point of damage to him. Then I was sent back to the title screen. So they expect me to do a perfect Hard mode run to get ONE shot at the bonus boss? smurf you.

Edit:
This person had the same experience:

yrFx_JRstoY

Sephex
11-10-2014, 04:26 AM
Games can be frustrating at times.