PDA

View Full Version : Which FF game had the best Job Class system?

Wolf Kanno
08-21-2014, 02:57 AM
I'm keeping this to games with FF in the titles and ones where the jobs can be freely switched out and are readily apparent to the player.
So... which FF did you feel did the job class system the best?

Colonel Angus
08-21-2014, 03:10 AM
X-2, if only for the ability to change classes mid battle.

VeloZer0
08-21-2014, 03:11 AM
Tactics. With several types of ability slots you could really create characters that borrowed from a lot of different jobs.

qwertysaur
08-21-2014, 03:27 AM
X-2. :p

Karifean
08-21-2014, 12:09 PM
X-2.

Leveling up jobs was simple and completely under your control.

You can change jobs at any point during battle.

With certain Garment Grids, doing so can even get you bonuses.

You can get really creative, to the point where even dresspheres you sorely underestimated can become very useful. I was surprised when I noticed how good the White Mage becomes in the postgame, if you use it right.

Dat Matt
08-21-2014, 06:58 PM
I liked the tactics advance stuff.

The Man
08-21-2014, 07:08 PM
V or Tactics, because they were the most challenging implementations of the system. I haven't played enough of Tactics to feel comfortable voting one way or the other.

Wolf Kanno
08-28-2014, 07:41 PM
In the past I would have said FFTactics but as my needs change I feel that FFV really wins this out because it works on the premise of simple design, complex possibilities, whereas later games kind of bog it all down with poor balance, too many meaningless options, and ease of use over actual tactical advantage.

Pumpkin
08-28-2014, 07:52 PM
I say Tactics but very very closely followed by V and then X-2

metagloria
08-28-2014, 08:58 PM
Bravely Default.

But of the available choices, I have to go with X-2.

chionos
08-29-2014, 01:44 AM
Definitely Tactics. I love love love that system. I like the idea of tiered combination unlocking (as opposed to one basic job unlocking one advanced job).

Depression Moon
08-29-2014, 02:37 AM
I can't decide between V and X-2.

Rin Heartilly
10-16-2014, 12:32 PM
I say tactics mainly due to the sheer amount of jobs you could choose from, followed by X-2 for being able to change jobs mid-battle and garment grid bonuses.

Shiva95
10-16-2014, 01:29 PM
I'd say X-2.

Del Murder
10-16-2014, 05:09 PM
Great to see the love X-2 is getting. I thought it was underrated but maybe it is appropriately rated.

However, I picked Tactics due to the level of customization you could do with setting an action ability, reaction ability, support ability, and movement ability from several different jobs. I also really liked the job progression that forced you to level a few different jobs to get access to the advanced classes.

Sephiroth
10-16-2014, 06:10 PM
Final Fantasy V probably. X-2 is more stylish though for me.

Fynn
10-17-2014, 11:51 AM
Why no Bravely Default option?

Wolf Kanno
10-18-2014, 03:45 AM

While the game is an obvious FF knock-off and a spiritual sequel to Four Heroes of Light, I still consider it to be its own thing.

Fynn
10-18-2014, 06:02 AM

While the game is an obvious FF knock-off and a spiritual sequel to Four Heroes of Light, I still consider it to be its own thing.

It's still more FF than XIII :shifty: Plus, the abbreviation is BD: FF, so it still counts in my book :monster:

Quindiana Jones
10-23-2014, 07:25 AM
Despite hearing the love of Tactics, I'm gonna have to go V simply because it's the one I've played. xD

Vermachtnis
10-23-2014, 08:50 AM
I'm voting V cause I always vote V in everything. Seriously though, V wins because like Wolfo said: simple design, complex possibilities. Also because V has the Freelancer class. Here's why the Freelancer is awesome. Every other class has Fight, an Ability, a Blank slot, and Item. And each class gets full access to all their passives. And then there is the Mime. The Mime has Mime and three blank spots. But it you have to equip passives. However, the Freelancer has Fight, Item and two blank spots and access to every passive that the character knows.

Omni-Odin
10-23-2014, 02:58 PM
I'm a huge advocate for X-2 and I'm happy to see some people, like myself, enjoyed the game for at least the great job/class system. However, I'm going with FFV on this one. I don't think it was very complicated or overly thought out, but I thought that's where the beauty of it was. I'm actually not a huge fan of class or job changes in video games, but FFV had me hooked from the get go. I mean I just mindlessly sat there and mastered everyone's job class and I actually felt fulfilled. I'm going with that one purely off the "I had the most fun/least trouble with V's job system" excuse. What can I say? I like big Butz.