PDA

View Full Version : Chef's Privilege

Formalhaut
08-21-2014, 05:50 PM
So you've just cooked a meal for your family, friends or [x] number of people. It comes to serving the food.

How often do you decide to give yourself 'just a bit extra' than the other plates, or give yourself 'the larger' or 'the better prepared' food?

Divulge all your secret self-favoritism in the kitchen here.

Shorty
08-21-2014, 06:39 PM
I would serve myself the same amount but I've likely been tasting and picking at the meal I slaved over for everyone already :jess:

noxious.sunshine
08-21-2014, 08:27 PM
I load up everyone else's plates and make a small one for myself- if I eat at all.

I snack around so much while I'm cooking I'm usually full by the time it's ready.

Pumpkin
08-21-2014, 08:33 PM
I always give my guests the bigger and nicer looking plates. Not just guests, but if I'm cooking for me and sharky, he always gets the better plate.

I just think its nicer that way

sharkythesharkdogg
08-21-2014, 08:49 PM
I always give my guests the bigger and nicer looking plates. Not just guests, but if I'm cooking for me and sharky, he always gets the better plate.

I just think its nicer that way

#I'mspoiled #fatlyfe

noxious.sunshine
08-22-2014, 01:08 AM
I do that for my bf as well, but that's more 'cuz he's a fat cow and eats 5 lbs of food in one sitting.

chionos
08-22-2014, 05:11 AM
I would serve myself the same amount but I've likely been tasting and picking at the meal I slaved over for everyone already :jess:

I load up everyone else's plates and make a small one for myself- if I eat at all.

I snack around so much while I'm cooking I'm usually full by the time it's ready.

Yep, that covers it.

I'm really bad with rice, Mac-n-cheese (b/c I make ta bestest macncheese), and anything to do with bread. Steak too. I'll pick the hell out of some steak.

Calliope
08-22-2014, 05:23 AM
If you're going to go to all the trouble of preparing a nice meal for people you care about, why on earth wouldn't you want to give them the absolute nicest/prettiest servings?

Miriel
08-22-2014, 08:01 AM
I usually take the worst looking pieces or the smallest portions for myself when I cook. Husband gets the choice stuff cause I love him the best.

DK
08-22-2014, 10:11 AM
I always dole out nice even bits of food when I cook, and yeah usually constant tasting and checking means there is no need to give myself more than anyone else.

The real chef's privilege is making them do the cleaning afterwards. I cook for you, you clean the kitchen, that's how it works.

Formalhaut
08-22-2014, 11:25 AM
ITT: Everyone is very considerate!

And I second the washing up thing. There's nothing better than invoking that right to not wash up afterwards.

blackmage_nuke
08-22-2014, 08:50 PM
Only if im the largest of the people I am serving. I dont want to load up the plate of someone who's a twig and have half of it go to waste nor do I want them to force feed themselves to spare my feelings.

Though with things like a burger or a steak I usually just hand out a serving when it's done instead of having everyone eat at the same time. So mine is usually the last one and any correlation it might have with being better cooked is purely coincidental, or a result of soaking in the fats of it's departed bretheren, or a result of the fact that I wouldve made any screwups on the first few tries and have mastered what I need to when it was time to make mine.

fire_of_avalon
08-23-2014, 02:35 PM
ITT: Everyone is very considerate!

And I second the washing up thing. There's nothing better than invoking that right to not wash up afterwards.

ITT: LIARS.