PDA

View Full Version : Tell me of Hyperdimensional Neptunia

Forsaken Lover
08-22-2014, 03:39 AM
Alright you creepy bastards, let go of your body pillows, crawl out of your basement and tell me about these games.

I'm a creepy degenerate too!

Okay seriously though, after Mugen Souls Z, I think HDN will probably be rather tame.

I just really liked the character Alys in MSZ and she's supposed to be an Expy of "Noire" from these games. Same English voice-actress and everything and god I loved her dub VA so much. How many HDN games are there and how many of them is she in?

NeoCracker
08-22-2014, 10:17 AM
...Hyper dimension Netpunia is a game that is constantly making fun of the type of people who are interested in buying these games.

If you find that fun, this game is for you! :p

Bolivar
08-22-2014, 07:15 PM
Have you played the Vita one Neo?

Pumpkin
08-22-2014, 07:17 PM
I too am interested. It seems a bit fanservice-y for my tastes but I watched a review video and some of it seemed pretty funny and the characters seemed interesting enough. The reviewer said the gameplay is poo poo though

Mirage
08-22-2014, 07:28 PM
Looks and sounds too tacky for my tastes.

NeoCracker
08-22-2014, 11:56 PM
Have you played the Vita one Neo?
Nah, I've only played the first two. I've yet to play the third one either. :p

I too am interested. It seems a bit fanservice-y for my tastes but I watched a review video and some of it seemed pretty funny and the characters seemed interesting enough. The reviewer said the gameplay is poo poo though
The fan service is there to be purposefully laughable. Or at times down right creepy. XD

Noire
08-24-2014, 12:51 PM
I'd say if you're keen on trying these out, either pick up Re;Birth 1 when it comes out (in, like, two/three days) or go with Victory. The original is easily the most hilarious in terms of dialogue, but it's a poor man's Trinity Universe in terms of gameplay. It's slow, clunky, repetitive, and not really much fun. Mk.II has a much improved battle system, but the humour falls flat...at least, it did for me. I don't find pedophilia or tentacle/slime rape that funny myself, and the CPU candidates lack the charisma of their big sisters. Although the Conquest Ending was surprisingly awesome. But Victory has the best gameplay of the series and a fairly good story; it's the best one to start with. Not sure about the idol game...I've only played it for about ten minutes.

But I love this series. It makes a mockery of the industry, and considering how pathetic the industry is these days, it's all the more awesome for it. The voice acting isn't unbearable, the gameplay has only improved with each instalment, and the constant references to video games and anime makes the dialogue a laugh even if the story is run-of-the-mill bullcrap. I'm actually really glad its been so successful considering how bad the first game was. Definitely looking forward to the PS4 version.

Forsaken Lover
08-24-2014, 03:22 PM
OZuajQe0sTo

God I love this voice-actress.

Ultima Shadow
08-30-2014, 04:56 PM
Played the first, second and V. Despite the gameplay being the worst in the first one, I didn't think it was boring. I feel it's mediocre, but it's certainly not terrible. And dialouge-wise, it's arguably still the best. It has some absolutely hilarious moments. I still feel like the second game was the weakest overall, mainly because it never got anywhere near as entertaining dialouge-wise and the sisters were nowhere near as interesting as the actual CPU's. Victory was the best overall, so yeah... out of the the PS3 ones, I'd say either go with the first one or V.

Anyway, I'd say give them a shot. They make so many references and it's absolutely hilarious at times. :greenie:

Pumpkin
09-01-2014, 10:13 PM
You guys have convinced me. Going to try and get this game eventually :excited:

The Victory one apparently

Pumpkin
09-02-2014, 04:45 PM
I got Victory last night and played a little bit. It's super cute so far

Dat Matt
09-02-2014, 07:36 PM
The best way to describe Hypdemenison Neptunia is - "Silly"

It's a game poking fun at the game industry and is filled with references. Combat and exploration are pretty repetitive in the first one, but it was still fun.

Rin Heartilly
11-09-2014, 03:18 PM
I've only played HDN: producing perfection....the idol maker whatever one on the vita, it's so terrible. Worst $30 I ever spent, next to no special effects, a total of 5 songs all together and each characters story mode is maximum 1.5hrs long. Most of the dialogue was just sexual innuendos....it was just so...bad.

I want to try the real HDN console games but I dunno....