PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon: The Ultimate Battle

Ayen
08-22-2014, 11:50 PM
Which Pokemon games are superior to the rest? Decide now in this all out Pokemon battle brawl! There can only be one winner!

"But, most of these are three games as one option."

Shaddup! Or I'll put you back in the PC again.

I should probably clarify that I'm not meaning for this to be taken seriously, so just have fun with it.

Wolf Kanno
08-23-2014, 07:54 AM
Having only played Generation 1, I'll leave this thread for the more experienced Pokemon fans. :wcanoe:

Skyblade
08-23-2014, 09:13 AM
Definitely Pokémon Platinum of the available choices (I have it tied with Gale of Darkness, though).

It had a strong story, fantastic characters, and one of the best postgame sections in the entire series. And a strong postgame is absolutely crucial to a game that lacks multiple save files and any form of New Game+.

Fynn
08-23-2014, 10:57 AM
Black and White for me. I simply adored the story and how sofisticated it was in its characters, which was really surprising for a Pokemon game. It also happens to have my favorite Pokemon designs. Just saying :)

Ayen
08-23-2014, 04:05 PM
Let's see, I could be Good ToriJ and acknowledge that Gold & Silver was the better game and introduced a lot of the staples that would go into later games. Or I can be Nostalgic ToriJ and say the original are the best because catfish.

Good ToriJ
Nostalgic ToriJ
Good ToriJ
Nostalgic ToriJ
Good ToriJ
Nostalgic ToriJ

*puts on hat and tie* The originals are the best! *bes angry all the time*

Fynn
08-23-2014, 06:52 PM
Ugh. Genwunners :mad:

Ergroilnin
08-23-2014, 08:40 PM
Pokemon will suck until they realize we NEED friggin MMO.

Ayen
08-23-2014, 09:37 PM
Pokemon will suck until they realize we NEED friggin MMO.

No. Franchises need to stop making MMOs of their games.

Noire
08-24-2014, 12:43 PM
With MMOs come microtransactions and online subscription fees...and I like paying for my game once and once only, thank you very much. Pokemon makes more than enough money as is.

In any case, my favourites (HeartGold/SoulSilver) aren't on the poll, so I'm going with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. They sit comfortably in the middle between two generations I really did not care for at all, and I think I pumped the most hours into them. They house most of my favourite Pokemon and, unlike the lackluster X/Y, offer a good amount of post game content.

Ayen
08-24-2014, 08:50 PM
In any case, my favourites (HeartGold/SoulSilver) aren't on the poll, so I'm going with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

They're mainly just remakes of Gold & Silver so I just had Gold & Silver put up there. Same reason why LeafGreen & FireRed aren't there.

Dat Matt
08-30-2014, 08:08 PM
I replayed Pokemon Red/Blue recently. Those games are utter trash now.

Gen 3 was my favourite, but Gen 6 is really good.