PDA

View Full Version : Fall Foods!

noxious.sunshine
08-25-2014, 03:17 AM
What do you like to eat most in the Fall?

I -love- making soups and chilis.

I love making a huge stockpot of soup and freezing individual portions of it for later- my mommy's veggie beef soup, pumpkin soup, potato soup, chicken 'n dumplins, broccoli cheddar, French onion, omg. GIMME ALL THE SOUPS!

Casseroles are another big thing, but I rarely make them. I have no idea why. They're super easy.

OH! This turkey chili shepherd's pie with sweet potato & cheddar topping I found in a Rachel Ray book & sometimes make is amazing. And I'm not the biggest fan of Rachel Ray- her recipes always seem really weird to me.

And chicken mole verde.. nom nom nom nom. So freaking good.

Wolf Kanno
08-25-2014, 06:34 AM
Beef Stroganoff and Chicken Dumpling soup are my two favorite winter dishes. :love:

noxious.sunshine
08-25-2014, 07:10 PM
Ohh.. I love Beef Stroganoff! I make it for my dad sometimes- he loves it, too!

Shorty
08-25-2014, 07:22 PM
Thick, cream-based soups and chowders! Chunky seasoned vegetable stews! Curried carrot soup with some rosemary flavored bread and olive oil is to die for. I detest homemade chili. :stare: Hormel or I walk. Lots of sweet potatoes (NO YAMS), zucchini and summer squash.

Lots of pumpkin, mocha mint, and cinnamon apple desserts. Banana bread and zucchini bread. Peppermint mochas. Hot apple cider. MULLED WINE

omg so hungry now ;-;

Freya
08-25-2014, 08:09 PM
I love pumpkin everything. I saw this recipe on pinterest earlier that I want to try. Mini Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Muffins. (http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2012/08/26/mini-cinnamon-sugar-pumpkin-muffins/)

http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Mini-Pumpkin-Muffins-2.jpg

noxious.sunshine
08-25-2014, 08:13 PM
GTFO with Hormel Chili, Shorty. Wolf Brand is where it's at. :D

chionos
08-25-2014, 08:21 PM
Soups and breads and pies. Oh my!

Ergroilnin
08-25-2014, 10:24 PM
While I give exactly zero contributions to the thread even though I can cook better than an average man...

I have no favorite all food. It really all depends on the circumstances. Is it start of the fall where it's still pretty hot? Is it middle-end of fall where it's too damn cold?

When it comes to the real cold days, I usually don't really care that much about the food as long as I can eat it inside and it's hot.

escobert
08-26-2014, 12:19 AM
Shepherds pie and chex mix ALL DAY NOW. Oh and fresh corn :) Oh and squash and sweet potatoes!

Shiny
08-26-2014, 01:16 AM
Secoding chilli as it's yummy and hot. Really anything hot during Fall and Winter are good. I suppose if we're getting technical, squash is an Autumn vegetable so naturally squash soup is popular during Autumn. I don't particularly like squash, but I can deal with squash soup for some reason.

Colonel Angus
08-26-2014, 08:05 AM
I think Shorty was dropped on her head as a child, then again as an adult. Canned Chili over home made? Insanity.

I love Chili, my Ma's Chicken Soup, all the Thanksgiving foods, pies, sauce.

Momiji
09-23-2014, 06:14 PM
Also going with chili, I would say. I need to get my mom's recipe for that, because nothing else tastes right to me.

Then again I just dump a ton of chili powder in it anyway, so.

Shorty
09-23-2014, 06:50 PM
I was not dropped on my head as a child. My sister was.

here are a billion pumpkin desserts for your pleasure (http://www.mediaformisfits.com/2014/09/death-by-pumpkin-60-pumpkin-drinks-and.html)

chionos
09-23-2014, 09:17 PM
I was not dropped on my head as a child. My sister was.

here are a billion pumpkin desserts for your pleasure (http://www.mediaformisfits.com/2014/09/death-by-pumpkin-60-pumpkin-drinks-and.html)

This wasn't very pleasurable. I tried everything. Couldn't smell or taste a damn thing. I tried scratching the screen to see if they were scratch-and-sniff. Nothing. I licked the screen at several different resolutions. Nothing. I tried printing the images, but they just tasted like paper.

If paper is what you think pumpkin tastes like, I feel very sorry for you.

Shorty
09-23-2014, 09:20 PM
Revelation: chionos is actually the one in this thread who was dropped on his head.

chionos
09-23-2014, 11:28 PM
Revelation: chionos is actually the one in this thread who was dropped on his head.

I just told my mother you said that. It made her cry. I hope you're happy with yourself. I don't care if she said "it's true" as she cried, it's still your fault.

Night Fury
09-24-2014, 04:42 PM
I love chilli as well and I think I make an amazing one! :D

Ayen
09-25-2014, 05:06 AM
I don't have any Fall specific foods. I know, I'm boring.

Chris
09-25-2014, 08:19 PM
I eat rice pudding as a filthy pig.

~*~Celes~*~
09-25-2014, 08:39 PM
cheese ball and crackers! spinach dip and Hawaiian rolls! summer sausage, cheese, and crackers! apple cider! tea! OMG :excited:

noxious.sunshine
09-26-2014, 01:42 PM
Shut your face celes. I need all those things now

chionos
09-27-2014, 05:13 PM
Uh-oh.
Did you hear that?

You done did it now. You unleashed the beast.
That was my stomach roaring at the mention of Hawaiian rolls and spinach dip.

Chibi Youkai
09-28-2014, 04:53 PM
This is the best fall lasagna ever: Autumn Golden Vegetable Lasagna (http://www.rachaelraymag.com/Recipes/rachael-ray-magazine-recipe-search/dinner-recipes/autumn-golden-vegetable-lasagna)

Colonel Angus
09-29-2014, 04:50 AM
Spinach Dip & Hawaiian bread are an all year food.

chionos
10-05-2014, 01:27 AM
Spinach Dip & Hawaiian bread are an all year food.

Touche, sir.

Although, going a while without something that you really really like makes it all the better when you finally get it again. Just sayin'.

Depression Moon
10-05-2014, 04:10 AM
Casseroles, particularly broccoli and sweet potato is what comes to my mind of fall food, ooh and dressing!

Shiny
10-07-2014, 02:30 AM
Sweet potatoes with brown sugar mmm