PDA

View Full Version : Do you experiment?

Wolf Kanno
08-25-2014, 05:20 AM
No I'm not talking about college when you decided to try some "things" that only your BFF knows about and you're parents will only find out about when you decide to do a drunk Facebook update. I'm of course talking about the Job Class system and whether you really played around with the ins and outs of the whole system.

Did you try out new sub-abilities with different jobs, or do you have a standard set-up you always use?

VeloZer0
08-25-2014, 06:59 AM
I tried, but most of the time I just had the Monk empty handed ability attached to whatever class I was leveling. Kind of robbed the fun of it, just like in FFT where you always have Gained JP up on and never really experiment with that slot until the end of the game.

metagloria
08-25-2014, 02:29 PM
Yeah I tend to Barefist everything for a good chunk of the game, and then Throw, and then SShot. Except for occasionally when I have a mage with White.

Psychotic
08-25-2014, 02:30 PM
I used to when I was first learning the ropes but I don't really when replaying it, no.

metagloria
08-25-2014, 02:47 PM
I used to when I was first learning the ropes but I don't really when replaying it, no.

I've played III DS twice. The first time I was all, "I'm going to get everyone to at least level 10 on every job!" The next time I was like "I'm pretty much just going to level Black Belt and Ninja."

Karifean
08-25-2014, 04:16 PM
Since I've only played this game once, yeah I did experiment. I mostly took setups that seemed like they could/would work well, and took note of which worked great.