PDA

View Full Version : Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Hear...er Gravity!

Wolf Kanno
08-25-2014, 05:34 AM
Maybe it was because I was such a die hard Chrono Trigger fan, or maybe it was because the demo influenced me, but did you ever assign a particular element to each character? Want to know if I'm alone there and if not, who got what?

Ayen
08-25-2014, 06:12 AM
I always gave Tifa the fire element. Kind of an inside joke. I used to run around with a pyromancer that had Tifa as a face claim so the connection just stuck. Cloud always got lightning and ice since he always had them by default.

VeloZer0
08-25-2014, 06:55 AM
Not explicitly, but I think I generally tended towards giving Cloud Lightning, Tifa Ice and Red XIII Fire. Other characters I never really assigned a preference.
Before I started making a character into a designated magic user I tended to favor Cloud with the 'cooler' spells, Bio, Demi, Comet.

(Ironically from the thread title, if we were going with real world elementary forces then Gravity is the only one on the list that makes the cut. ;) )

Pumpkin
08-25-2014, 07:25 AM
Yes, I gave Tifa ice, Cloud and Barret thunder, Aeris, Vincent, and Red XIII got Fire

MJN SEIFER
08-25-2014, 01:53 PM
Heart is the best, you know it's true. :cool:

I never really gave anyone a specific element though, I just made sure everyone had what was needed, but I remember being interested in what the elements were as it was my first exposure to it (even though I didn't always agree with what they were or what they were weak/strong against).

Uchu
08-26-2014, 12:46 AM
At the beginning of the game I tend to assign...

- Cloud = Fire
- Tifa = Ice
- Barret = Lightning

Apart from that I would evenly distribute Materia as much as possible, so that they were all useful in battle.

blackmage_nuke
08-27-2014, 03:42 PM
I stuck Cloud with lightning but thats about it. I think might have given Barret Fire and Tifa Ice.

If I had to associate them with FF elements I'd go with the above plus Wind for Cid, Earth for RedXIII, Holy for Aeris, Dark/Gravity for Vincent and Nonmagic for Yuffie and Cait Sith.

If I had to associate them with CT elements, Lightning for Cid, Fire for RedXIII, Water for Aeris, Shadow for Cait Sith, Vincent and Yuffie. Tifa would probably match fire better but than water but I'd then be left with no water when a certain someone abandons the party

Formalhaut
08-27-2014, 04:02 PM
I generally went with:

Barret: Fire
Tifa: Ice
Cloud: Lightning
Red XIII: Earth
Aerith: Fire
Cid: Ice
Vincent: Gravity
Yuffie: Poison

Each three-tiered element has one or two characters attached to them.

Carl the Llama
08-28-2014, 04:24 AM
Elemental magic is pretty superfluous in my game as I generally go with ES materia, battles don't tend to last very long.