PDA

View Full Version : Hey peeples

deepdoop
08-25-2014, 01:39 PM
This is a first; I don't think I've ever said "peeples" before. "Peeps," sure, but not "peeples." And there you have it, my first sentence ever said on this forum was that waste of time.

I don't generally do introduction threads on forums because I don't really enjoy calling attention to myself like this. It's one thing to do it in my posts about stuff, it's another to do it like this. But I actually have a purpose (besides you know, introducing myself).

My name is Tyler, so it's nice to meet you all. I enjoy the look of this forum. I don't say that very often because most forums look like crap. Anyway, I love forums and have for at least a decade now... but most forums are dying off. I haven't been a regular on one in years and was looking to change that, so I've been registering to a lot of different forums over the past 2 weeks or so. Most of them I can tell whether it's somewhere I actually want to be or not, it's just a feeling I get, and this place legit seems decent, but I haven't actually looked at the forums yet.

My question is, and I would appreciate honesty here, how active is this forum? I actually don't want a huge forum, and I noticed that there were at least 10 registered members online when I started this thread. I just want a smaller -- but not too small -- forum where your posts don't get lost in the shuffle. I'm pretty particular, as you can see.

I only ask this when I get the feeling that I may dig a forum. I found another one a week ago but it was so dead and the few members that post just said it's dead because of summer but there's just nothing going on at all. I enjoy there being a well-known group of regulars, but talking to the same 3 people over and over gets boring.

The reason this is important to me, and why I ask, is because I will gladly make threads and participate a lot but when I log on and see no new responses or just responses by the same couple people it makes me feel like I've wasted my time.

Thanks for reading that. It was a lot longer than I wanted it to be and I know nobody should give a trout whether I stay or not, so I'm not asking this question with any arrogance at all... I just wanna know is all.

And tell me something about yourself because you're probably more interesting than me!

Edit: I enjoy the censorship, haha, trout made me laugh.

Agent Proto
08-25-2014, 03:21 PM
Hello there! Welcome to the forums! Glad that you are liking our censors, it's clearly one of the highlights of this place.

deepdoop
08-25-2014, 03:24 PM
Hello there! Welcome to the forums! Glad that you are liking our censors, it's clearly one of the highlights of this place.

It's the first time I've ever praised censorship! All kinds of firsts in this thread. And thanks for the welcome.

This forum is extremely active. I think we have around 50 very active members (not sure on the exact numbers) and maybe 100 semi-active?

Welcome to the forum! Hope you stick around and have fun here.

Ah, sweet. Yeah, see that's what I'm looking for. I'm glad I found the place. Thank you for the welcome.

Shorty
08-25-2014, 04:35 PM
Our forum activity has its highs and lows, but there is mostly atleast a steady stream of activity. There aren't hundreds of active members, but enough for you to feel social and engaged, I'm certain.

Welcome :)

Freya
08-25-2014, 04:49 PM
Welcome! Yeah we're fairly active. And our community is world wide. A majority are US residents but we have a large UK population too. Then you have your random canadians and swedes etc etc. Then we have our aussies as well. don't forget them or they'll throw koalas.

Depending on what section you post you may see slower responses. Some of the older FF games get less attention because they've been talked to death. Most our activity is in our general forums now, General chat, gaming, lounge etc. But we're still decently active in the lower FF forums.

Welcome once more and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Scotty_ffgamer
08-25-2014, 05:34 PM
Welcome to the forums! I hope this place ends up being what you are looking for! People have already stated what I would about the activity so I'll just say I agree with what everyone else has said.

Pumpkin
08-25-2014, 05:35 PM
Welcome :jess:

Wolf Kanno
08-25-2014, 06:21 PM
Hallo, activity generally ebbs and flows but there is a good number of regulars and even if they don';t always make threads they'll certainly respond to most threads. :cool:

deepdoop
08-25-2014, 07:41 PM
Hey to all of you who have welcomed me since my last post in here. I appreciate it.

To the person who mentioned where most of the activity is these days, that's completely fine with me. I will probably post more in the general sections anyway. I'm already seeing the activity here, which is cool. It's nice to find a forum where you can check back in every few hours and know there will be some new posts. Last couple places you could go 24 hours and only get a couple new posts, so I definitely intend on stickin' 'round hurr.

Nate
08-25-2014, 08:36 PM
Welome Deepdoop. You're always welcome in the IRC chat channel too. There's always a few people in there too, if you're into the live talking thing.

Uchu
08-26-2014, 01:49 AM
Hey deepdoop.

I think you should be fine here. I too was looking for similar things before I joined and so far things have been pretty great.

Welcome and have fun.

Ayen
08-26-2014, 02:07 AM
I know a Tyler. In fact, I know two Tylers. I shall call you Tyler #3. You have a Deadpool in your avatar, so this automatically gives you 20 free brownie points. You can save those or spend them on upgrades to enhance your performance.

I am ToriJ, Resident Critic. Product of the nineties and live under a rock made of reinforce steel. The likelihood I would have never heard of 90% of the things you know is very likely. Do not fear my blank expression.

Post lots!

deepdoop
08-26-2014, 03:35 PM
I know a Tyler. In fact, I know two Tylers. I shall call you Tyler #3. You have a Deadpool in your avatar, so this automatically gives you 20 free brownie points. You can save those or spend them on upgrades to enhance your performance.

I am ToriJ, Resident Critic. Product of the nineties and live under a rock made of reinforce steel. The likelihood I would have never heard of 90% of the things you know is very likely. Do not fear my blank expression.

Post lots!

Howdy! I also know two Tylers, and both of them are cooler than me.

Thanks for the welcome and I will post lots! I think I have found what I'm looking for.

Hey deepdoop.

I think you should be fine here. I too was looking for similar things before I joined and so far things have been pretty great.

Welcome and have fun.

Thank you :) Hello!

Welome Deepdoop. You're always welcome in the IRC chat channel too. There's always a few people in there too, if you're into the live talking thing.

What, a live chat? But then I can't take 10 minutes to think up a clever and suitable response. Thanks for the welcome, hello to you.

Aelitalily
08-27-2014, 09:19 AM
*Throws some Koalas*

I am glad you have found a good forum here. It is very active -as far as I am concerned- I am gonna be honest, I usually just skim to find threads that interest me, but I don't have the time to keep up with every single new one, there are so many! (Sorry everyone!) :P

I enjoyed your intro, looking forward to seeing more from you :3

Colonel Angus
08-27-2014, 02:55 PM
¡Hola! Bienvenido a Eyes on Final Fantasy. Espero que encuentres tu tiempo aquí para ser agradable.

deepdoop
08-27-2014, 04:13 PM
*Throws some Koalas*

I am glad you have found a good forum here. It is very active -as far as I am concerned- I am gonna be honest, I usually just skim to find threads that interest me, but I don't have the time to keep up with every single new one, there are so many! (Sorry everyone!) :P

I enjoyed your intro, looking forward to seeing more from you :3

Hey! I'm glad someone enjoyed my intro because I didn't. Thanks for the welcome, will be seeing you around.

¡Hola! Bienvenido a Eyes on Final Fantasy. Espero que encuentres tu tiempo aquí para ser agradable.

And I understood every word of that. Thank you :P

(I didn't actually, but I got the general idea)

Scotty_ffgamer
08-28-2014, 11:41 PM
¡Hola! El baño es en fuego. El baño es mi amigo. ¡Ayuadame!

Sorry.

What's your favorite Final Fantasy game? We must know the answer to this.

deepdoop
08-29-2014, 12:10 AM
Howdy! Thanks for also speaking a different language. I hope your problem sorts itself out.

6 and 7 are my favourite. I don't know which one I like more, because it depends on my mood at the time. I also quite like 10, despite certain problems, 4 and 9. I would love 8 but I hate the junction system. The only FFs I don't like are 12 and 13. Never played 11, though.

Scotty_ffgamer
08-29-2014, 01:05 AM
Those are acceptable answers. VIII is my favorite, but that's just because it was my first. I even grew to like the junction system over time!

I'm goign to be starting a replay of VII soon. I haven't played that one all the way through since I was in middle school!

deepdoop
08-30-2014, 08:24 PM
My feelings towards VIII are the opposite of yours, lol. I actually didn't mind the Junction system at first but grew to hate it, to the point where the few times I've thought about playing the game again I didn't bother because I hate it so god damn much.

Lately I've been thinking about breaking out VII again, but there are too many other games I haven't played that I want to try instead. I'm not one for replaying games, generally. Not since I was a kid at least, when a person pretty much had to replay games because it wasn't like it is now.

Dat Matt
08-30-2014, 09:36 PM
Sup Dawg.

What do you do for fun other than look for forums and play final fantasy? Where you based? Could you feesably eat http://nzxtcorp.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/comics_deadpool_wade_wilson_marvel_comics_pancakes_1280x800_wallpaper_art-hd-wallpaper_1280x1024_www-wallpaperhi-com.jpg?w=530&h=300&crop=1 for breakfast?

deepdoop
08-30-2014, 11:11 PM
What up?

I'm from the mean streets of Canada. I wasn't aware that there's a life outside of forums... I guess if I had to stop posting on a forum I'd watch movies, read, play other video games and occasionally go out with a friend. Nothing terribly exciting.

As for the pancakes, I'm more of a french toast guy so offer me french toast and then we'll talk.

Dat Matt
08-31-2014, 01:09 AM
Video games was pretty low down that list there...

As for french toast, will this do?

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs46/i/2009/206/e/f/Powdered_Toast_Man_by_pascal_verhoef.jpg

deepdoop
08-31-2014, 01:11 AM
Haha no, the order of what I said didn't matter.

I think that'll do. I've never seen that before. I'm not sure I needed to, but I guess I'm glad I did.

Dat Matt
08-31-2014, 01:29 AM
It's a classic trait of Dat Matt posting. Not wanting the content, and then feeling deep regret after seeing it.

deepdoop
08-31-2014, 02:24 PM
We should be friends, because that's how people feel every time they see me. Between the two of us, we can make people feel deep regret both online and off.

noxious.sunshine
09-01-2014, 03:53 AM
what Nate said. Cool kids hang out in #eoff.

And welcome!

deepdoop
09-01-2014, 01:12 PM
Cool kids hang out in #eoff.

Damn, I don't belong here then. PEACE OUT!

(Thanks for the welcome)

Shauna
09-01-2014, 06:12 PM
Welcome to EoFF!

Seems like you're fitting right in to this old place. :) Glad to have you around, and I hope you enjoy yourself here! :D