PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day Weekend

Shiny
08-26-2014, 02:33 AM
Any plans for this upcoming weekend? Going any where? Doing anything? For non-Americans, do you have any plans in general for the rest of the summer before it becomes cold and terrible again?

Ayen
08-26-2014, 02:38 AM
Our plans don't take effect until the week after Labor Day. We'll be going to Branson to see things and do stuff.

noxious.sunshine
08-26-2014, 03:18 AM
Drinking. Maybe cook some good food Saturday & Sunday. And doing some shopping for Penny's things.

Monday, we're going to pick up my puppy! I kind of want to stop off somewhere on the way back and have a picnic or something, but I know Jay will be exhausted and just wanna get home- it's like 5 hrs round trip. Although..... Penny will probably have to potty at some point, so that could justify stopping lol.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
08-26-2014, 03:45 AM
Nope. No plans. Prolly be at the beach for a bit. Take a few naps. Eat some cheese sandwiches

chionos
08-26-2014, 05:05 AM
Hopefully road trip. Dunno where yet, just need to drive.

blackmage_nuke
08-26-2014, 09:17 AM
I'll be getting my white clothes ready so I can stick it to the fashion police.

Being a non murican and a southerhemispherian I have no truthful answer to this thread.

Pike
08-26-2014, 12:31 PM
Working and making time and a half

deepdoop
08-26-2014, 03:14 PM
I imagine I'm getting stuck in work on Labor Day. It's okay to work some Holidays because of extra pay but I've been working every single one and it'd be nice to just have the day off, even if I'm not going to do much because I generally don't do much.

Freya
08-26-2014, 03:50 PM
Sleep. I don't have to wake up early so I'm not gonna!

escobert
08-27-2014, 12:19 AM
Probably going to my girlfriends house and watching movies or something. I've been working 10 hour shifts for 4 days a week so I'll have a 3 day week next week :)

Shorty
08-27-2014, 02:44 AM
Taking a trip to Portland to visit my uncle, friends, and to finally see Brand New perform! There's a little cafe near my uncle's house that serves pie and cocktails and it is a wonderful place. I'm going to take a nice walk there and then just hang out, read, eat pie and drink white russians like I did last time. Then Knox is going to take me brewery-hopping (lol), and then we will have adventures elsewhere. Last time we went to two different Chinese gardens, so I'm excited to see where else we go! And then in the morning we will go to a delicious little German breakfast house where they serve mimosas and manmosas! :jess: They are super delish.

Portland is my favorite place in America. Going to be an amazing weekend. I didn't realize Monday was a holiday when I originally planned my trip, so I get an extra day to hang out! :jess:

~*~Celes~*~
08-27-2014, 03:06 AM
nothing out of the ordinary planned but my grandparents usually have a cookout in the early afternoon so if anything probably just go and visit. my husband isnt off work till 5 but maybe they'd have some food left.

Sephex
08-27-2014, 05:11 AM
I wonder if women who give birth on this day laugh at themselves a little when it happens.

Shiny
08-27-2014, 07:14 AM
Working and making time and a half

But that's boring.

Nate
08-27-2014, 09:30 PM
Driving cross-country to spend time with family. I'm hoping I can get out to Chicago for some Portillos. It's good Chicago fast food.

Shorty
08-27-2014, 09:38 PM
Just found out we're closing the office at 3:30pm on Friday, so I'll be jetting out off much earlier than expected! :jess: It will be nice to not have to drive through more dark than necessary.

Jessweeee♪
08-28-2014, 05:19 AM
gonna veg out on my four day weekend

Dark_Valentine
08-29-2014, 04:26 PM
Sleep! I also might play some League of Legends...

Scotty_ffgamer
08-30-2014, 08:26 PM
I went to SantaCaliGon like i do every year. Woo.

Denmark
08-31-2014, 01:31 AM
spending 3 days not working. today i got chipotle and watched breaking bad. it's been ok

Colonel Angus
08-31-2014, 04:00 AM
Driving cross-country to spend time with family. I'm hoping I can get out to Chicago for some Portillos. It's great Chicago food.
Edited for accuracy.

Calliope
08-31-2014, 04:27 AM
I shipped Spuuky off to a remote island, so I am living it up, bachelor style! I get the whole sofa to myself! And the giant bed! And all the dishes are done! And a friend lent me their electric guitar with a giant amp so I can play it as loudly as I want and not have to go to bed! I will declutter things, and then watch french films in the dark! And I will oscillate between drinking kale juice and eating lentils, and drinking straight bourbon and eating fried rice! Wooooooooooo, party!

http://90slife.com/uploads/Cheese_Pizza.gif

I work two days, tomorrow I am dedicating to writing, and then on Monday I'm going to PAX and then racing my husband home again. I am quite excited about spending an entire day not speaking to anyone at all.

Depression Moon
08-31-2014, 06:34 AM
Nothing for me. Campus is dead here. Just came back from playing some games though.

Dat Matt
08-31-2014, 11:55 AM
What is labour day and why are you Yanks taking time off?

deepdoop
08-31-2014, 02:19 PM
Because we're lazy as shit! I'm not a Yank but close enough.

So it turns out I don't actually work tomorrow so I'm going to... do nothing! Yes!

Dat Matt
08-31-2014, 05:35 PM

It's a way to celebrate the workforce by...taking a day off from work.

GjWq2Yrfz0I

Colonel Angus
08-31-2014, 06:30 PM

It's a way to celebrate the workforce by...taking a day off from work.
Matt, you guys celebrate it on May 1st, like most of the World. We have it in September because of a Right Wing Conspiracy against the Working Class. Basically, they associate May Day w/ Leftist Communists & Anarchist, but since those are two very evil things, we have it in September instead.

Shauna
08-31-2014, 06:52 PM
I definitely didn't get May 1st off work. :(

Colonel Angus
08-31-2014, 07:32 PM
I definitely didn't get May 1st off work. :(
Right Wing Conspiracy.

Pike
09-02-2014, 10:26 AM
I celebrated Labor Day in the true American fashion: by dragging myself into work despite being horribly sick, because I don't get sick pay and as such I couldn't afford not to have the extra holiday pay. :monster:

Pumpkin
09-02-2014, 02:26 PM
We went to Alabama so sharky could race cars. It was hot and miserable, but he had fun and that's what matters.

I also saw drunk sharky for the first time ever. He's sillier and his eyes get even more narrow than they normally are

Colonel Angus
09-02-2014, 11:50 PM
Hot & Miserable is the state motto of Alabama.

Shiny
09-07-2014, 10:32 PM
Maryland's state motto should be Crabs & Hobos but not necessarily in that order or together. That's where I went Labor Day weekend. It involved a lot of seafood, a lot of taking trains with people named Ray Ray on it, and a lot of turtles that were not my sea food. I am pretty sure while I was on the bus I saw two hobos doing it. It was almost as scarring as seeing that video of the two hobos making out.

Dat Matt
09-08-2014, 07:52 PM
I misread your post and thought that Hobos with Crabs symbolize labour day...