PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Mortal Kombat?

Ayen
08-26-2014, 04:35 AM
I'm back with a new poll. Have to represent my chocobo, after all :doublecolbert:

What are your favorite Mortal Kombat games? Once again this is multiple choice. We don't want to have a repeat of what happened in the Zelda poll, do we? :shifty:

My favorites are II, Trilogy, Deadly Alliance, Deception, and MK 2011. One was okay, but not really a favorite. I didn't care for the character options in 4 and hated what they did with Reptile's design. I thought the story arc that carried on through DA, Deception, Armageddon, and the reboot was great. One of my favorite story arcs in gaming.

Discuss.

Wolf Kanno
08-26-2014, 04:41 AM
MKII, later games just couldn't do it for me. Granted, I was more of a Street Fighter fan and frankly MK has always struggled with "style over substance" so that when the novelty wore off so did the fun.

Sephex
08-26-2014, 04:57 AM
MKII was my jam back in the day. I sound so damn white.

Anyway, MKII took a very fresh concept at the time and expanded on it perfectly. Plus, the SNES version was an amazing port from the arcade version that still holds up today (thankfully Nintendo realized that editing such a hot series was a horrendous business move).

I also voted for MK Trilogy because while I felt the MK3 style/gameplay was off and a step back for the series, I would be lying if I said I didn't have a fantastic time with that game. I had the N64 version which I think was missing one of the Sub Zeros, which was a bummer. However, the game ran far smoother than the PS version and the controller for the N64 suited the game better, as well.

Colonel Angus
08-26-2014, 06:35 AM
I totally agree w/ Sephex. There was just something off w/ MK3. I don't think the N64 version of Trilogy was missing a Sub-Zero, I think classic Sub-Zero was a hidden character.

However, I love the PS2 Mortal Kombats. I may be in the minority, but I think Armageddon was great. It just sucks that there was a lock that you had to remember to open your profile.

Ayen
08-26-2014, 06:45 AM
I knew there was something wrong with MK3 when I was a child. I just could never put my finger on it.

You don't know how happy seeing MKII in the lead so far is making me. It's hands down my #1 favorite.

Freya
08-26-2014, 04:17 PM
I've played most of them so I just kinda clicked some polls. I don't remember which one I like the most just that i'm bad at them.

Del Murder
08-26-2014, 07:44 PM
I also agree with Sephex. MKII was the best one and the SNES port was perfect. But I'm also a fan of the N64 version of Trilogy just because of the amount of characters and stages it had.

Forsaken Lover
08-26-2014, 11:28 PM
I guess I have to be in the minority here and say MK3 was my favorite. It's the one I started with back when I played it religiously on my brother's Sega Genesis. After that going back to MK1 and 2 just felt...wrong. Everything felt so clunky. It's like playing Tekken and Tekken 2 after Tekken 3. (I did that also)

Also I could never beat Kintaro. I managed to beat him ONCE and then right after that stroke of luck, Kahn proceeded to annihilate me.

More recently I played some of the Klassic MK games on Xbox Live Arcade because my friend has it. Either I've gotten worse as a gamer or the version of MK3 I played back then was weaksauce. The MK3 Shao Kahn I remember was a pushover. But in the Live Arcade of MK3 I just could not beat him.

Of the modern games, I love Deception and I love Shujinko. Deception Konquest was the best.

Ayen
08-27-2014, 01:13 AM
I was stuck with the Sega port of MKII. I have the PS One version of Trilogy. I think I'd prefer it since it lets you play as the Mortal Kombat bosses from the get-go.

Deception Konquest was the best.

This times infinity. I used to run around the starting village just punching people in the face.

I'm a terrible person.

Forsaken Lover
08-27-2014, 01:27 AM
The only reason I ever bothered with Trilogy was because one of the rewards you could get for winning was a showcase of every fatality and I think every other kind of "Ality" in the game.

metagloria
08-27-2014, 02:35 AM
I spent many, many a quarter in my adolescence on UMK3. Tried to replicate the feeling with Trilogy on the PS, but it was never quite the same.

Shiny
08-27-2014, 09:03 AM
Back when Jack Thompson or whatever his name is was fighting to have games like Mortal Kombat banned, my parents went out and bought my brother and I MK1-3. I sat and played those games until my fingers went numb. Great parents. :jess:

My favorite is MK2. :aimkiss: