PDA

View Full Version : A very important question

Pike
08-26-2014, 12:34 PM
Do you sleep with your feet tucked in the blanket or poking out of it? For a long while I was a proponent of the former, but recently I have been discovering the joys of the latter.

Sephex
08-26-2014, 12:38 PM
It doesn't matter for me because how I start sleeping is not how I will end up. But to answer the question they usually end up outside the parameter of the blanket.

arenzi
08-26-2014, 12:55 PM
Depends on how hot it is.

Agent Proto
08-26-2014, 12:55 PM
I prefer them tucked in, but if they end up out when i wake up. Oh well! :>

blackmage_nuke
08-26-2014, 01:00 PM
It's relieving to remove my socks then pop my feet out from under the blankets but i'll usually regret it in the morning when my feet are freezing so I keep my feet under the blankets with socks on.

Loony BoB
08-26-2014, 01:54 PM
One leg/foot out is the superior way. You can pull that leg back in if it gets cold, and throw it out again if it's too warm. It's effective temperature control! As for how often, it really depends on the room temperature.

deepdoop
08-26-2014, 03:13 PM
I generally have my feet in my blanket, even if the rest of me isn't, regardless of how hot it is.

And I for one thank you OP for posing the serious questions to this board.

noxious.sunshine
08-26-2014, 05:02 PM
Always uncovered. Omg.

My feet are claustrophobic.

Freya
08-26-2014, 05:16 PM
Yeah no to socks or pants in bed. too restricting.

I move a lot so i go to bed with them under the blanket but who knows how that'll end up.

Pumpkin
08-26-2014, 05:17 PM
Always out or my feet overheat

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
08-27-2014, 03:45 AM
Blanket? Pfft. No.

I use one sometimes. And when I do I'm in a ball. So the blanket is everywhere. All around me.

Ayen
08-27-2014, 03:49 AM
Feet in the blanket.

chionos
08-27-2014, 04:49 AM
Outside. Always.

Shorty
08-27-2014, 07:36 AM
What good are your blankets doing you people if they aren't covering your feet?!

Pumpkin
08-27-2014, 07:37 AM
They keep the rest of us warm! Like my arms are always cold but my feet are always hot. So they keep my arms warm. Plus comfy and snuggly

Psychotic
08-27-2014, 08:04 AM
Depends if my feet are doing the thermonuclear explosion temperature thing they sometimes like to pull on me.

Iceglow
08-27-2014, 08:17 AM
For me it's simply a case of if it is winter. If it is winter then my room even with the heater on for a fair few hours will be cold as a bucket of ice water in the morning. As such, my feet will stay firmly under my duvet, hell as much of me as possible stays under.

If it's summer however, I tend to either go all in or all out. I'm very comfortable in the Summer sleeping atop my bed.

As for the whole socks in bed thing: Depending on a few factors, such as; how drunk I am, how long I will be asleep for, where I am, what I'm doing in the morning I may even sleep in my jeans and my boots, on top of the bed ready for a quick exit. Though it's rare that the boots stay on as when I take them off the following evening I'll pay holy hell for it in my ankle. I never sleep with t-shirts on unless I'm absolutely forced to, I hate the way they twist and stick to me. If however, I'm not drunk, sleeping for less than 4 hours or needing a quick exit in the morning I generally will never wear more than boxers/pyjama bottoms in bed.

Shiny
08-27-2014, 08:23 AM
My feet are like ice blocks even in 90 degree weather. I don't know what magic they have, but I must keep them under the blankets.

Iceglow
08-28-2014, 08:03 AM
My feet are like ice blocks even in 90 degree weather. I don't know what magic they have, but I must keep them under the blankets.

It's called shitty circulation hun.

Colonel Angus
08-28-2014, 09:33 AM
In the winter I keep them under the blankets. I'm afraid the demons will grab them if I leave them hanging out.

One thing I don't like is wearing socks to bed. Sometimes in the winter I may keep'em on, but that's only if I'm super cold or super lazy.

I wish I could find the clip of Eustace having nightmares about wool socks.

Aulayna
08-28-2014, 11:50 AM
Feet tucked in. It stops zombies, bedroom monsters and skeletons grabbing them. True story.

Bubba
08-28-2014, 12:27 PM

It's called troutty circulation hun.

Females generally have poorer circulation which means their hands and feet are colder. For the record ladies, warming your cold feet on your male partner's calves/thighs/feet is not cool.

I am always ridiculously hot so I pretty much sleep with one half of my body out of the covers to keep myself regulated.

Formalhaut
08-28-2014, 12:43 PM
Females generally have poorer circulation which means their hands and feet are colder.

Tell that to Sam, his extremities are freezing sometimes!

If it's cold, they get tucked in. If it's too warm, they're back out. It just depends!

Spooniest
08-28-2014, 01:44 PM
Always sleep with em under the cubbers.

My circulation would appear to be affected.

Shorty
08-28-2014, 05:22 PM
Also, I'd like to mention a specific scene from a movie called The Other Side of Heaven. A young gentleman is visiting the Tongan Islands on a religious mission. He is advised to sleep with his feet tucked in and warned that if he does not, the rats will eat the soles of his feet.

He does not sleep with his feet tucked in. I'm sure you can all imagine the consequences of his negligence. It definitely stuck with me. :stare:

Mirage
08-28-2014, 06:03 PM
Feet tucked in. It stops zombies, bedroom monsters and skeletons grabbing them. True story.

I can attest to it definitely preventing skeleton grabs.

chionos
08-28-2014, 06:46 PM
Also, I'd like to mention a specific scene from a movie called The Other Side of Heaven. A young gentleman is visiting the Tongan Islands on a religious mission. He is advised to sleep with his feet tucked in and warned that if he does not, the rats will eat the soles of his feet.

He does not sleep with his feet tucked in. I'm sure you can all imagine the consequences of his negligence. It definitely stuck with me. :stare:

Well holy shit, lady. Thanks so much for that. I'll still go to bed with my feet out, but geez, will I ever sleep again?

theundeadhero
08-28-2014, 07:45 PM
They have to be tucked in.

escobert
08-28-2014, 11:01 PM
I have to sleep with my feet tucked in or my cat will bite and scratch my feet in the middle of the night. It's not fun working for 10 hours with two fresh puncture wounds on your heel.

Dark_Valentine
08-29-2014, 01:24 AM
One leg/foot out is the superior way. You can pull that leg back in if it gets cold, and throw it out again if it's too warm. It's effective temperature control! As for how often, it really depends on the room temperature.

This is usually how I sleep but eventually both of them end up outside of the blanket regardless of the temperature.

Vyk
08-29-2014, 02:49 AM
I'm one of the people who use my feet to regulate my entire body temperature. So if I'm hot and still want a blanket on, I'll just stick my feet out. I prefer them to be tucked in. But they do serve a purpose when out

Bubba
08-29-2014, 09:37 AM
I have to sleep with my feet tucked in or my cat will bite and scratch my feet in the middle of the night. It's not fun working for 10 hours with two fresh puncture wounds on your heel.

Simple solution: Don't allow your cat in your bedroom.

Night Fury
08-29-2014, 09:42 AM
I love how daft questions like this divide people so much and get them so heated xD

I like to keep my feet in mostly, but sometimes stick one out, but I do have to pull it back in after a few minutes or else the boogeyman is obviously going to get me :D

escobert
08-29-2014, 04:08 PM

Simple solution: Don't allow your cat in your bedroom.
It would be simple if I had a door but a sheet in the doorway doesn't stop a cat ;)

Bubba
08-29-2014, 05:09 PM
Haha, I see! Those pesky cats are too clever for their own good :argh: