PDA

View Full Version : Too Long? (Spoiler up to Chapter 4 and beyond)

Del Murder
08-26-2014, 08:10 PM
Right now I'm at the end of Chapter 4 (pillar of light) and the game feels like it's winding down to a close. However, I've read that there's actually more to it and that you have to replay a lot of sections before you get to the end. Timewise, how much do I have left? I'm already feeling like this game is a grind and I want to know how much I have to go.

This game has been pretty fun but man it feels like it's dragging on at times. Even worse than some of the oldschool JRPGs I've played. I'm not really looking forward to the repetition especially if it takes a long time to get to the end. Any tips to help pick up the pace?

metagloria
08-26-2014, 09:14 PM
A lot of the repetition is optional after chapter 4. If you really just want to get to the finale...

...all you HAVE to do in chapters 5-8 is revisit the four temples and kill the four monsters (four times) to reactivate the crystals. With some appropriate pausing to level grind if necessary.

Fynn
08-27-2014, 08:46 AM
A lot of the repetition is optional after chapter 4. If you really just want to get to the finale...

...all you HAVE to do in chapters 5-8 is revisit the four temples and kill the four monsters (four times) to reactivate the crystals. With some appropriate pausing to level grind if necessary.

There is another way to make it shorter, but keep in mind the ending is different. keep mashing the X button after Airy tells you to stop when awakening the crystal. Don't stop. Don't listen to anything she says. Just keep mashing until story happens.

Unfortunately, this is probably the only game that I think overstays its welcome. I still love it to bits, but it is way too long and the way it is extended is kind of like cheating. It would have been a much more polished, well-rounded experience, had it ended much sooner.

metagloria
08-27-2014, 08:37 PM

There is another way to make it shorter, but keep in mind the ending is different. keep mashing the X button after Airy tells you to stop when awakening the crystal. Don't stop. Don't listen to anything she says. Just keep mashing until story happens.

Unfortunately, this is probably the only game that I think overstays its welcome. I still love it to bits, but it is way too long and the way it is extended is kind of like cheating. It would have been a much more polished, well-rounded experience, had it ended much sooner.

I knew you could do this, but I never did. Kind of wish I had, just to see.

Fynn
08-28-2014, 06:40 AM
If you load a finished game, it loads at such a point that you can go for any of the two endings, so you can easily check it out :)

Skyblade
08-29-2014, 09:03 PM
Right now I'm at the end of Chapter 4 (pillar of light) and the game feels like it's winding down to a close. However, I've read that there's actually more to it and that you have to replay a lot of sections before you get to the end. Timewise, how much do I have left? I'm already feeling like this game is a grind and I want to know how much I have to go.

This game has been pretty fun but man it feels like it's dragging on at times. Even worse than some of the oldschool JRPGs I've played. I'm not really looking forward to the repetition especially if it takes a long time to get to the end. Any tips to help pick up the pace?

Skip Chapter 6 if the game's dragging on you. The new stuff is not worth it. Just go through the story content, skip the side-chapters, and move on to Chapter 7.

Chapter 5 has some interesting new unique parts (revisit Commander Goodman's house for the sidequest there for one of the best). But you can skip it if you want as well.

Don't skip anything in Chapters 7 or 8, though. The content is just way too awesome to miss.