PDA

View Full Version : Special Snowflakes

Shiny
08-27-2014, 08:59 AM
Are you weird and very different from your siblings? If you don't have siblings, do you find yourself to be very different from other people around you, like family members, peers, and/or your co-workers?

blackmage_nuke
08-27-2014, 09:46 AM
I have one sibling and we are very different but whether it's because I'm weird or my sibling is weird we may never know.

Though yes I am generally different from people around me unless I am specifically trying to associate with people similar to me or Im trying to blend in.

Shorty
08-27-2014, 04:55 PM
My sisters and I are all different in little ways, but similar in many. I'd say what makes me different from most other people in my day-to-day life is my background. I haven't been to college, I've moved around far more than others have, I feel like many people I know don't come from a dysfunctional family. Also, I doubt other people spend time searching for 1800's steamer trunks or articulated skeletons and animal skulls on ebay in their spare time, so our interests differ quite a bit as well.

~*~Celes~*~
08-27-2014, 06:04 PM
my siblings and i all have similar interests but i have a different personality...well,my personality is actually more mixture of all of theirs than anything.

Shiny
08-27-2014, 06:06 PM
My sisters and I are all different in little ways, but similar in many. I'd say what makes me different from most other people in my day-to-day life is my background. I haven't been to college, I've moved around far more than others have, I feel like many people I know don't come from a dysfunctional family. Also, I doubt other people spend time searching for 1800's steamer trunks or articulated skeletons and animal skulls on ebay in their spare time, so our interests differ quite a bit as well.

Everyone's family life is dysfunctional to an extent. People who say their family life is perfect and unflawed are delusional.

Shorty
08-27-2014, 06:07 PM

Everyone's family life is dysfunctional to an extent. People who say their family life is perfect and unflawed are delusional.

I wanted to say "broken home" without sounding emo about it xD But agreed for sure.

Pheesh
08-27-2014, 06:09 PM
I think I am quite different to most people, but in a 'best of both worlds' situation I don't think the majority of people would know I'm different without getting to know me quite well. So yeah, I'm weird but blend in well.

escobert
08-28-2014, 03:39 AM
No, everyone else is weird ;)

Colonel Angus
08-28-2014, 04:48 AM
I think I am quite different to most people, but in a 'best of both worlds' situation I don't think the majority of people would know I'm different without getting to know me quite well. So yeah, I'm weird but blend in well.
Same here. I'm able to do it because I generally keep to myself.

My sister & I are very different. She's a suburban mother/wife, three things I'll never be. She's also pretty mainstream in her tastes, whereas I'm more eclectic.

noxious.sunshine
08-30-2014, 05:42 AM
I'm drastically different from my siblings- but on the same token, we're each radically different from each other. My sister is a Master Degree having overachiever with a snotty attitude (in spite of our getting along better lately), and my brother is a crackheaded piece of shit jerk who acts very entitled when he has absolutely no right to. I only keep the peace with him 'cuz I'm tired of arguing and I don't want to upset my dad. I'm v protective of him.

I'm neither of those things. And the things I like are really different. My brother and I used to have video games in common, but he's too broke for a gaming system of any sort. And he wouldn't play anyway. IDK.

I'm definitely the oddball in my family though- I speak intermediate Spanish, love music in all kinds of genres and languages, have a kid that isn't all white, living in sin with my significant other (eh. My sister lives with her gf, so I guess that counts too, except it doesn't 'cuz gay marriage isn't legal yet in TN), etc. My fam are the whitest white people ever. :D

Ayen
08-30-2014, 07:01 AM
I'm the polar opposite of my brother. He's tall, I'm... not as tall. He's skinny, I'm... not as skinny. He eats real slow, I gobble down my food. His luck is terrible, mine is good for the most part. He doesn't eat any food that's green, I don't discriminate against my food as long as it tastes good. Things of that nature.