PDA

View Full Version : Will Final Fantasy 15 be at Tokyo Game show?

Freya
08-27-2014, 06:25 PM
They have said they'd show us something this year and XV was a no show at E3. Nothing was shown at Gamescom so we have Tokyo Gameshow left. It's in a few weeks! Sept 18th to the 21st to be exact.

Do you think we'll see something this year? What would you LIKE to see?

FFFFsephychibi
08-27-2014, 07:30 PM
Some amazing new gameplay footage, showing us that big open world map!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A m*****f****** release date. Followed by tetsuya nomura giving an apology, and free ps4's for everyone, combined with a trip to Japan.

Freya
08-27-2014, 09:35 PM
I'm in for a ps4 :p

Colonel Angus
08-27-2014, 11:48 PM
It'll show up dressed as Spider Man, so you don't recognize it.

Seriously, I think this'll be where they give us the goods. You know Squeenix favors Japan, as Americans are stupid & Europeans are an afterthought, so they'll probably give a HUGE update here.

fat_moogle
08-27-2014, 11:59 PM
Huge update? I'm not sure. FFXV needs to show up in some way, shape or form. But I don't think there will be all that much revealed. Maybe a trailer and a "please be excited" for more to come in a future update? Maybe a dedicated event such as Dk13 or whatever in 2011?I honestly think the focus at TGS will be Final Fantasy Type-0 HD. I bet they're further in to production on that than what we think, so it'll be XV's scape goat when it gets a world wide release date.

Colonel Angus
08-28-2014, 12:22 AM
By HUGE update, it could be anything from more characters being properly introduced, an extended gameplay demo, or an announcement for FFXV-2.

fat_moogle
08-28-2014, 12:29 AM
Well then maybe they'll release FFXV-2 first and release XV later as a prequel xD

Uchu
08-28-2014, 01:15 AM
I think they NEED to show something. I mean, they made such a splash at E3 2013 and got fans excited, then nothing... just the same old BS that they have been issuing for the previous 8 years. TGS is pretty much it, i shouldn't be doing so, but i will give them the benefit of the doubt. Please SE, don't let me down! Or at least stop trolling, that would be nice.

As for what I would like to see. Something different, like a new trailer or more character information. No slightly edited stuff from last year that has all but 2 nano seconds of new footage. Something to get me excited like i was last year. A release date would be great... but there is more chance of them announcing it as a PS5 timed exclusive with Noctis swim suit DLC for all who pre-order from GameStop.

Ayen
08-28-2014, 01:42 AM
I'll believe it when I see it.

Wolf Kanno
08-28-2014, 03:55 AM
Most rumors are pointing towards a playable demo which would be nice but probably unlikely. Honestly, I want a release date, I don't even need a specific day, I'll settle for just a year.

I hope they show something but I'm kind of expecting SE to have some private event later this year.

Pete for President
08-28-2014, 05:55 AM
I'm not getting my hopes up. I'd be surprised if it's there at all.

Psychotic
08-28-2014, 07:18 AM
There'll be a trailer and some more info about characters will be released like purple haired man and green haired woman. We'll get names for them.

fat_moogle
08-28-2014, 08:38 AM
There'll be a trailer and some more info about characters will be released like purple haired man and green haired woman. We'll get names for them.
*reminisces to pre-FFXIII release with pig tails and Mr 33 cm*

Colonel Angus
08-28-2014, 09:10 AM
I'll guarantee there will be no new info on the mysterious hooded guy before the game's release. We'll have to play to find out if he's really Tidus or Kefka.

Del Murder
08-28-2014, 05:44 PM
I've stopped caring about news from the developer. I'll just wait for it to come out. A release date window would be great to have, though.

Colonel Angus
08-29-2014, 04:54 AM
They're going to tell us the game's been out for three months already. "Didn't you guys see it on the shelves?"

Aulayna
08-30-2014, 01:01 PM
Yes it will be at TGS, and a more prominent showing at Jump Festa later in the year. Likely looking at a late Q2/early Q3 JP release and a late Q3/Q4 US/EU release, both in 2015. For some reason, December 8th 2015 is singing to me.

Mirage
08-30-2014, 01:54 PM
THey'll sell us a playable demo for 20 bucks for this year's christmas

Depression Moon
08-30-2014, 03:13 PM
I'm not betting on it. My expectations and hope are still very very low.

Pete for President
08-31-2014, 08:13 PM
THey'll sell us a playable demo for 20 bucks for this year's christmas

Hah! I wouldn't even be surprised :p

DMKA
09-01-2014, 04:50 AM
They just moved the FFXV website's domain, mere hours before Sony's TGS press conference is to start. (http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/08/31/final-fantasy-xv-changes-domain-just-before-sonys-tgs-press-conference-is-it-happening/)

It just might be happening! Or not. Yeah, more likely not. But I'm still intrigued!

Rostum
09-01-2014, 08:26 AM
They better fucking show it and reveal some fucking details, or even their die hard fans will stop caring.

Sephex
09-02-2014, 04:18 AM
What I would like to see: A game.

What I expect to see: Three possibilities.

1.) Announcing an announcement which really is announcing another announcement.

2.) Nothing.

3.) Tetsuya Nomura comes on stage. He is dressed as one of the characters in FFXV. There is a big curtain behind him. He says, "I know many of you have been waiting a long time for this, and I feel some of you deserve it after such a long wait!" The crowd starts to cheer in anticipation. Finally, maybe whatever is behind the curtain will show that FFXV is around the corner! Nomura grabs a small remote from his pocket as he cracks a smile. His eyes twitch a bit, and he may be stifling laughter, but few notice this.

But it is too late. As the remote is actives, the curtain falls to the ground. Millions of belts, zippers, oddly shaped swords, and overly large shoes come flying out of custom made canons towards the crowd. The first second of the assault alone wipes out 70% of the crowd. The rest scramble towards the exit, but giant men in spiky armor and Mickey Mouse masks are waiting for them. Others are cut down in a series of gigantic slashes.

Nomura is still standing on stage in the exact same position. The system was rigged not to fire where he was standing, after all. He whispers to himself, "Cunno..."

Colonel Angus
09-02-2014, 04:25 AM
They're going to announce FFXIII-4:Lightning's Revenge, which will be released on iOS & Android. It will be a RPG/Puzzle game w/ hundreds of outfits to download, each for a small nominal fee.

Wolf Kanno
09-03-2014, 07:07 AM
Well according to this lineup (http://www.jp.square-enix.com/tgs14/) Square-Enix has posted on their site, it doesn't look like XV is going to show up at the moment unless its being held back for a surprise announcement or a private event later this year.

Freya
09-03-2014, 03:08 PM
:argh:

Loony BoB
09-03-2014, 03:28 PM
Not surprised. I feel SE don't like to mix up their big games, and FFXIV may well have it's first expansion pack teased, and that's a big deal thing right now. I'm sure single player series fans will be annoyed to not see anything (as am I) but FFXIV is what is putting the money back into their wallet right now, and I feel that they will prioritise FFXIV's expansion pack until FFXV's release date becomes a more concrete thing. I expect the bigger flow of FFXV details next year, as much as I would love to see it this year.

Hope I'm wrong all the same. :D

EDIT: Oh, and if not the expansion, it'll be patch 2.4 details, perhaps a sneak peak at Gold Saucer.

Del Murder
09-03-2014, 08:05 PM
Remember when SE was able to handle multiple big projects at once?

Ayen
09-04-2014, 03:49 AM
I think the best thing fans can do right now is just forget about Final Fantasy XV. All of this "It will be at X event" only for it to not show up and have someone follow up with "well, it might be at X event later in the year" is getting old.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-04-2014, 07:23 AM
They're going to announce FFXIII-4:Lightning's Revenge, which will be released on iOS & Android. It will be a RPG/Puzzle game w/ hundreds of outfits to download, each for a small nominal fee.

I'm okay with this.

Loony BoB
09-04-2014, 10:36 AM
Did this ever happen? xD I'm honestly unsure.

Sephex
09-04-2014, 10:54 AM

Well, if you go as far back when Square and Enix were separate companies, yes. Both companies pushed out a constant stream of titles for SNES and the original PlayStation.

This eight year crap is inexcusable. No, releasing two direct sequels to a main FF title isn't good enough. I don't expect development time to be as fast as the older days of gaming, but I do expect actual progress.

Sephiroth
09-04-2014, 02:33 PM

I'm okay with this.

Make it for PS and I don't need XV.

Rostum
09-05-2014, 07:39 AM

I remember when they announced and teased FFIX, X and XI at the same event. Much excitement.

Del Murder
09-05-2014, 05:55 PM
Yeah in years past they were working on multiple main entry FFs at once in addition to the other IPs like Chrono, Mana, and KH.

Psychotic
09-05-2014, 07:02 PM
Didn't they do IX, X and XI simultaneously?

Colonel Angus
09-05-2014, 11:55 PM
I think we all need to consider the fact that when they first announced FFXIII-Versus, that it might've been a completely different game back then. There has to be a plausible reason that it's taken so long between the first announcement & the yet to be announced release date.

How many changes have happened in the games development?

When did the game actually go into development? Was it when they announced it, or was it years later?

Was the game too technologically advance for the former generation's systems?

Wolf Kanno
09-06-2014, 05:44 AM
From what I've read, it seems to me the issues with the game is that if you read some of Nomura's ideas for the game back in 2008, he was talking about doing stuff that was unheard of in the medium like switching genres/play-styles mid-battle, realistic interactive environments like buildings that can be fully explored and destroyed and some other highly technical stuff that sounded plausible back when the PS3 was new but since then has proven to be too much for the system to handle. The failure of the Crystal Tools during XIII's development probably didn't help and stuff like the Luminous Engine and the one used for the Agni's Philosophy video were most likely developed to make XV.

I feel it's safe to say the game is dealing with XII's issues where the technical side of what was invisioned proved to be very costly and time consuming to make happen. It's hard to say how the game changed, it was never like XIII or Agito which both had gameplay concept videos that the final product proved to scrap most of it (shame really, because the original concept for XIII's battle system looked better than what we got) so it may have changed multiple times before a single line of code was ever typed.

So in a nutshell, Nomura is trying to make a really impressive game that technology at the time couldn't handle and they didn't figure this out until it was too late.

Del Murder
09-06-2014, 07:19 PM
Well that sounds promising.

Freya
09-06-2014, 09:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/cVi90JN.png

Colonel Angus
09-06-2014, 11:00 PM
We need to use that for a theme. Keep it just like Fifteen, but use that logo & on the background pic, put black x's over the characters' eyes.

Dat Matt
09-07-2014, 12:27 PM
I saw that on Reddit.

I also saw that based on their TGS line up, FFXV is not there.

/thread.

AaronSOLDIER
09-15-2014, 12:48 PM
I bet it'll be behind closed doors. The exact same trailer from E3 with 5 seconds of new footage. It's still on it's way ladies and gentlemen, after 8 years. Please be excited.

Aulayna
09-18-2014, 11:45 AM
Ye of little faith. I told you it'd be there.

Psychotic
09-18-2014, 11:52 AM
There'll be a trailer and some more info about characters will be released like purple haired man and green haired woman. We'll get names for them.Oh we're halfway there! (Whoa, livin' on a prayer)