PDA

View Full Version : I'm about to make BoB real happy

Ayen
08-28-2014, 11:41 PM
Picked this up from GameStop on my way back from the movies.

http://i61.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/2ekrw38.jpg

This better be good, guys. I put Dishonored back for this. This is the part where you all tell me you only play on the PC, isn't it? Or does it matter?

I should probably give this thread a topic. Talk about your first experiences with FFXIV. When did you buy it? What did you buy it for? Do you still play it? Is red hair an option?

deepdoop
08-29-2014, 12:13 AM
I bought it for PC and I played it for maybe a month or two with my older brother but then we stopped playing it because he went to Vietnam for a while, so we let our subscription end and never renewed. It's actually a bit of a shame because it's been so long that I don't know if we could get back into it or not (we both have problems leaving games for a while and coming back), but it's actually a solid MMORPG.

I remember I had criticisms of it as I played it, but I can't remember what those were. I think it had something to do with making you play too often by yourself, even if you're partied up. I don't like when MMOs force you to do so much by yourself. Maybe I'm remembering the game wrong.

Anyway, I really like it though. The Final Fantasy charm puts it above most MMOs for me. Seeing people roll around in Magitek armor makes me jealous because that's all I've ever wanted... since I was a kid. Is that so much to ask?

chionos
08-29-2014, 12:59 AM
I've got a lot going on, have had a lot going on so am way behind getting into this, but I think it's coming soon, so hopefully I'll be right there with you soon.

My first experiences with it were during Beta. I played for a while, but didn't have the time then to really get into it.

I'm looking forward to playing.

Ayen
08-29-2014, 01:06 AM
I remember I had criticisms of it as I played it, but I can't remember what those were. I think it had something to do with making you play too often by yourself, even if you're partied up.

Considering how antisocial I can be on MMOs that doesn't bother me too much.

The 30 days free subscription doesn't start until you actually boot up the game, right? Because I probably won't be able to play this right away.

Rostum
08-29-2014, 01:27 AM
I got FFXIV when it was first released in 2010. It was a horrible, horrible nightmare that lagged so hard it was pretty much unplayable. However I actually really loved the game in version 1.23 when Yoshi took over and fixed a lot of issues - love it even more with this new release!

Jessweeee♪
08-29-2014, 03:47 AM
You can have red hair! You can even have red hair with different red highlights! c:

I picked up this game because I was really excited about playing a Final Fantasy title together with my EoFF buds. I love FFXIV, too bad I only get on a couple of hours a week these days.

Loony BoB
09-02-2014, 01:07 PM
You should have 30 days free with the purchase of the game, TJ. And yeah, it starts from the moment you set up your account, not your character. So once you install it and go through the "fun" process of setting up an SE account and linking your game to your account, you'll have 30 days to play for free, and the subscription only starts if you actually set up a subscription payment method.

To those thinking about getting back into it, it's a really good time to do so - so long as you can get to level 50, you can then partake in Hunts and quickly get i90 gear on your main jobs, which basically means you are ready to enter dungeons. From that point, it's just a case of learning how to carry out your role in the dungeons and raids and whatnot.

Make sure you get your character set up on Sargatanas server for maximum EoFFers. :)

Lots of people play with PS3 or PS4. The only thing I will say is that you should get a USB keyboard so you can still chat to other people while you play the game, even if you prefer to use the controller. It's important to be able to interact with others in an MMO!

metagloria
09-02-2014, 04:47 PM
Lots of people play with PS3 or PS4. The only thing I will say is that you should get a USB keyboard so you can still chat to other people while you play the game, even if you prefer to use the controller. It's important to be able to interact with others in an MMO!

Or a textpad (https://www.google.com/shopping/product/16376374678056763357?output=search&q=ps3+textpad&oq=ps3+textpad&ei=MOYFVJ6lDMfNggS6kILIBw&ved=0CPEDEKYrMAA). (I had a different one that floating above the controller rather than below it, but I think this one would feel more natural.)

Ayen
09-02-2014, 04:59 PM
You can have red hair! You can even have red hair with different red highlights! c:

10/10
Best game ever.

Would said USB keyboard also work with my PS2? RPG Maker 3 is a bitch to play with a controller >.>

Loony BoB
09-02-2014, 05:00 PM
No idea, but why aren't you doing that on a PC anyway? xD

Ayen
09-02-2014, 05:06 PM
No idea, but why aren't you doing that on a PC anyway? xD

Because I only have the game on PS2. It was back before I even had a computer.

Now, who wants to bet Final Fantasy XV comes out before I play ARR?

Aelitalily
09-06-2014, 03:28 AM
I play on PC with Xbox controller and I find it pretty smooth mechanics wise. I think the only time ppl have problems on PS3 is during hunts where there are 100's of people around - which can lag them out.

For this reason alone I say PC is better, but there are some work-arounds for PS3 players too when it comes to lag city central :3 Like having party member mark the target or alternatively doing hunts not during NA prime time. Tbh Hunts during NA prime time sucks on PC too since people are not as nice and are more impatient xD