PDA

View Full Version : Bravely Second Trailer

Skyblade
08-29-2014, 08:25 PM
There was a Japan-exclusive 3DS Nintendo Direct, which (among other things) showed off a new trailer for Bravely Second.

WRoIHvLrm3w

My gosh, that world looks pretty. It also actually looks like an evolution of the world from Bravely Default. It actually looks as though the cities and towns could have been built up into these new forms over the years. Plenty of new, but just enough basis in the old. It looks fantastic.

Also worth noting: This one appears to be 3DS based, not a "New 3DS" exclusive like the Xenoblade Chronicles port.

Del Murder
08-29-2014, 08:48 PM
Looks nice.

Vyk
08-29-2014, 09:04 PM
This one appears to be 3DS based, not a "New 3DS" exclusive like the Xenoblade Chronicles port.

I'd probably have to know the history of Xenoblade Chronicles to understand this, but these two statements seem too similar. What's the difference between being 3DS based and a 3DS exclusive? Does this mean there's going to be a 3DS exclusive Xenoblade? Or is this insinuating that there's going to be a WiiU (or other) version of Bravely Default? Or I'm just a tired idiot who doesn't understand english

Motdrafin
08-30-2014, 12:39 AM
Nintendo is planning to release a new model for the 3DS, called the "New 3DS." It contains a more powerful CPU among other features, and will have some exclusive titles only for that model (like Xenoblade Chronicles). Bravely Second will be compatible for both the 3DS and the New 3DS.

I think it is pretty confusing to call it the "New" 3DS myself... I think they should call it Super 3DS or 3DS+ instead.

(Edit: Sorry! There's already a topic on this here!)

Vyk
08-30-2014, 01:45 AM
Ha, yeah. But thanks for the explanation anyway. The topic also came up how confusing it would be to call it New 3DS as opposed to things like 3DS+ and stuff in that thread. Chalk one of up for my confusion. That's as dumb as XBox One. But I'm glad I'll be able to play this on my old obsolete 3DS... >.>

Ayen
08-30-2014, 07:06 AM
The graphics with the woman at the beginning reminds me of Kingdom Hearts' style. Looks nice.

Luckily I still have plenty of time to play the first one.

Jhereg
08-30-2014, 08:01 PM
I really like the addition of firearms to the equipment roster. I'm hoping that they point toward a Machinist or Gunner asterisk.

Fynn
08-30-2014, 08:03 PM
May I be the first to note that the music in that trailer is terrible? Where is Revo? ;~;

Jhereg
08-30-2014, 08:05 PM
May I be the first to note that the music in that trailer is terrible? Where is Revo? ;~;

Last I heard Revo had a scheduling conflict and couldn't work on the title.

Skyblade
08-31-2014, 06:04 AM
I really like the addition of firearms to the equipment roster. I'm hoping that they point toward a Machinist or and Gunner asterisk.

Fixed that for you.

Last I heard Revo had a scheduling conflict and couldn't work on the title.

Yeah, he's gone. Revo's departure was announced about the same time as the writers change, from what I remember. It's sad, though. And it made me a bit more worried about the change in writers.

Pumpkin
09-16-2014, 08:52 PM
Gosh darn it I can't keep buying games

chionos
12-15-2014, 12:18 AM
New Bravely Second character art trailer.

eaZ-igfa-Rg

JP release is April twenty-somethingth. I hope the success of the first game will mean a faster turnaround for the NA version this time.

Fynn
12-15-2014, 10:53 AM
God, I miss Revo so much :G

Vyk
12-15-2014, 02:47 PM
Holy poop. There's like ... legitimate adult player characters in this game? Why was I previously unaware of this..

Tiz and co. didn't seem very adult-like to me. So this will be a nice change of pace. But it also means it will probably flop in Japan this time lol

Also wondering if they'll do real towns this time, or more 3D paintings

Fynn
12-15-2014, 05:38 PM
Holy poop. There's like ... legitimate adult player characters in this game? Why was I previously unaware of this..

Tiz and co. didn't seem very adult-like to me. So this will be a nice change of pace. But it also means it will probably flop in Japan this time lol

Also wondering if they'll do real towns this time, or more 3D paintings

I sincerely hope they're sticking to the pop-out style. That was beautiful. And the earlier trailers seem to indicate that.

Necronopticous
12-16-2014, 01:31 AM
I'm stoked for another Bravely Default game, but I really hope they recognize the broken final act of the original and avoid repeating such a jarring pacing misstep this time around. As much as I loved the original, I couldn't bring myself to finish the game, even after grinding out max job levels for every job on every character. Still, this is probably the most promising original content coming out of Square-Enix these days by a hell of a long shot.

Night Fury
12-16-2014, 04:12 AM
Aaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!

Del Murder
12-16-2014, 05:35 PM
I'm stoked for another Bravely Default game, but I really hope they recognize the broken final act of the original and avoid repeating such a jarring pacing misstep this time around. As much as I loved the original, I couldn't bring myself to finish the game, even after grinding out max job levels for every job on every character. Still, this is probably the most promising original content coming out of Square-Enix these days by a hell of a long shot.
Only a complete fool wouldn't recognize that and correct it in the sequel. So we have a 50/50 shot.