PDA

View Full Version : Xenoblade Remake announced for the 3DS.

Wolf Kanno
08-30-2014, 05:40 AM
Well this was surprising. :monocle:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/29/xenoblade-chronicles-remake-announced-new-nintendo-3ds/

Figured an HD remake for the Wii U would be a better option but a handheld Xenoblade doesn't sound like a bad deal.

Vyk
08-30-2014, 06:10 AM
Maybe other retailers besides GameStop will be able to sell this one lol

Fynn
08-30-2014, 06:20 AM
I'm kind of excited but then I watched the trailer and the graphics look like quite the downgrade. Still, portable Xenoblade, yay!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
08-30-2014, 07:37 AM
I'm all for a 3DS port, especially since the Wii game still sells upwards of 80 dollars in used condition.

Then I saw this:

also mentioned that several other titles are in development exclusively for the New Nintendo 3DS. These will not be playable on the old 3DS models.

I have a 3DS XL. I'm not buying another one.

Noire
08-30-2014, 10:25 AM
This announcement takes the sting off the fact that I'm going to have to buy another 3DS console (this will be my third; I got an original the day after launch and an XL about this time last year) to play it. Very, very smart move, Nintendo - I'm not even remotely pissed about this, and a small voice in the back of my head says I should be fuming right now. But for the greatest RPG ever made...yeah, I'll buy another console. I bought a Wii U after Xenoblade Chronicles X was announced, after all. When it comes to good games I have more money than sense. xD

Still, if they're going to call this a remake, and not a port or a remaster, I expect some new content. Like some more playable characters (playable Trinity, y/y?) or perhaps the ability to affect the outcome of the game slightly with those otherwise pointless Heart-to-Heart conversations...I hate the Shulk x Fiora pairing. Poor Melia. Or how about some additional optional dungeons? More (Nintendo themed, like Bayonetta 2 but not as tacky) costumes? SOMETHING. It's not a remake if it doesn't have any new content.

There is going to be a lot of Reyn Time next year.

Formalhaut
08-30-2014, 12:04 PM
How many versions can Nintendo make of the 3DS before people start calling foul?

Fynn
08-30-2014, 12:13 PM
I hate the Shulk x Fiora pairing.

*z-snap* Oh no you di'in't!

(Can we add a z-snap smiley? We kinda need it for stuff like this!)

Yellow_Magic
08-30-2014, 05:30 PM
Well, can finally find out what all the fuss is about. Silver living...

black orb
10-05-2014, 09:36 PM
Figured an HD remake for the Wii U would be a better option but a handheld Xenoblade doesn't sound like a bad deal.
>>> You can play wii games in the wii-u right?..:luca:

Wolf Kanno
10-06-2014, 06:28 PM
Yes you can.

Pumpkin
10-06-2014, 06:28 PM
I'm not buying another 3DS thing, that's crap

Also, I have this on the Wii, I don't need it on another console.