PDA

View Full Version : Terra Battle

Wolf Kanno
08-31-2014, 06:33 AM
Not surprised no one has made a thread for this...

For those who don't know, this is Mistwalker's current project, yes it's a FTP cell phone game and I understand some feel that these games are beneath them and it doesn't even look that impressive, but they are doing some cool stuff with this title.

Basically they are doing an interesting take on Kickstarter called the Download Starter where for every number of downloads the game gets, they will add content like new music by Nobuo Uematsu, new characters by various artist like Minaba and Amano, a concert, models, a strategy guide, and even a new scenario written by Yasumi Matsuno. When they hit two million downloads, they will make a console version of the game.

The artwork and the music for it are pretty outstanding so I am hoping it gets to the two million mark so we can see it get a console release. Here's a link to the website. (http://www.terra-battle.com/en/) Of anything go there to listen to the awesome music track they have playing on the home page. Anyway thoughts?

Here's the official trailer:
tIpb-tkHeTM

Vyk
08-31-2014, 03:43 PM
I guess if anyone is going to get me to enjoy mobile gaming, it might as well be them. I don't really look down on mobile gaming as a concept. I've just yet to come across anything that I really enjoy. But then again, I've never really felt like risking $15 or more to challenge that concept on the better games. The ones Square releases are usually pretty highly regarded, and I believe a few are even more expensive than just $15. Plus not all the good ones can run on my equipment >.> This one looks fairly simplistic so far, I hope most of that was just place-holders for the real game. But pretty sure my equipment can handle it the way it looks now

Skyblade
08-31-2014, 06:35 PM
How do we actually download it, though?

Wolf Kanno
09-01-2014, 04:16 AM
It's not released yet, but it will come out on iOS and Android next month though I have yet to find an exact release date.

Vyk: I doubt Mistwalker or the Gooch will be able to change your mind on cell phone games, while Party Wave was surprisingly fun for a cell phone game, its definitely something you play for diversion while waiting around for important things as opposed to a game you would play because you can be obsessed with. Terra Battle looks interesting but I get the feeling it will feel the same, cheap entertainment but it won't be making you trade your handhelds or game controllers for a new iPhone anytime soon. A console version might be really nice cause the gameplay of the game has some interesting ideas and it looks like it would be an SRPG style game if remade for consoles.

Wolf Kanno
10-10-2014, 07:39 PM
Since I don't feel like making a new thread for this, Terra Battle was released today and so far the reviews have been pretty good. It's F2P and for every benchmark it reaches, new content is released for it accumulating to a console port.

Freya
10-10-2014, 09:54 PM
Downloading it now, will report back later. 70.09mb so make sure you're connected to wifi if you want it

Vyk
10-10-2014, 10:32 PM
Hmmm.. May look into this later on. 70mb isn't too bad. And, well, it's free. So nothing to lose

Freya
10-10-2014, 10:33 PM
Oh wow, the art is gorgeous! Okay so it's like a grid and you have to move your guys to flank enemies, you only have so much energy per turn. It's pretty fun!

Del Murder
10-11-2014, 05:16 PM
Grid? I'm interested.

Depression Moon
10-12-2014, 01:48 AM
Effin mobile games.

Del Murder
10-12-2014, 03:39 AM
Just got it. It's pretty cool. The concept is simple enough and there are enough details to keep me interested.